Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PSL Owners - Changing Sections

Jets Insider VIP
    If you are looking for a clean and quiet way to watch the game with an unimpeded view you can do it from here:

And for the money you save you can buy a 70" one of these:

and at home you can have:
    for the price of and you don't have to wait in line.

The only thing you give up is the game experience which included the things you don't like and paying $50 to park your car.

Of course the other option is to continue to go to the game expecting the other 80,000 people to behave the way you want them to.
    Last edited by Trades; 09-11-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Since you have kids, maybe you can give us some advice about what to do. Would you buy “permanent” seats for them or would you rent?

1) Given their ages, we don’t expect to take the girls to regular season night games (Pre Season maybe) anytime soon. With a long commute, it would be too much for them to stay up the entire game.
    2) Really cold games – don’t see the wives letting me take the girls out in bad weather.
    3) I figure the girls will be in for the preseason games and 2-3 regular season games starting next year.

Even if we solve our “stand up” guy problem by moving somewhere else in the LLEZ, we are leaning towards “renting” seats as needed for the family:
    1) No PSL to deal with;
    2) No preseason seats to get killed on.
    3) Our existing LLEZ seats are pretty easy to sell on SH. Even with fees, we have only sold for less than $125 once (last minute thing). With planning, I could almost always sell them to friends for FV and no fees.
    4) Buy Mezz A or Mezz B on SH for the exact number of seats we need. For the 49ers game, we would need to pay about: $160-180 for 4 seats together.
    I would just cherry pick. If you study seating guide closely you will notice for instance. Section 146 starts at row 3, you have LLEZ seats in rows above the four entrances that are non obstructed even though they are like row 20. On stubhub for instance these non-obstructed front row seats don't sell for much of a mark up as they are not listed as row one and stubhub or ticketexchange makes it hard to explain it. Also trust me play hard ball and you can get four ud prime row one seats for next year. Those seats always sell for $200 each with a face of $125. Get four of them and that is best solution. Cheapest solution is first row UD corners, only a $95 face. Trouble is you need a lot of juice in ticket office to get those amazing front row PSL seats and secondary market they go for like 50% above original PSL cost.

Although for some reason row one Mezz A non corner I do see sometimes for sale for 4k each. That might be best shot from jets.

BTW if you are taken kids or clients, the views from low down are better. Particularly for young kids. Remember, no rail at all on the lower level.

Here is a picture taken on my smartphone with no zoom from my seats, sorry it is sideways. Plain old camera phone shot. This is last sundays game. This is the view you should have for kids. They dont really get the game always, but down low daughter got to see Glee girl sing, flag up close, cheerleaders etc. So it kept her entertained at all times. Sure she likes football, but kids 12 and under hard to keep interest in game for UD and even more so when folks stand and people are cursing.

I don't know what is more annoying, the guys standing up all game, even during time outs...or the guys behind me yelling ''down in front'' all game even during key defensive stands...

If you really want to sit 90% of the game, stay home. Down in front has never worked, and it never will.

I am row 21 lower level, so I am right in the middle of the multiplier effect with 12 rows of pissed off sitters behind me.

So basically, I am annoyed with all of you!

*not my 1st post, but 1st this year...lost my old password which was tied to my old work email so starting fresh...not that anyone cares

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

One of the people that often "sits" in front of us insists on standing up for every single defensive play. He screams the entire time.

"Real" fans or not, the standing in the lower level is absolutely rediculous.

I feel so bad for you. The "standers" are the worst.

BTW if you are taken kids or clients

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this a football game, ballet or business meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    One of the people that often "sits" in front of us insists on standing up for every single defensive play. He screams the entire time.

"Real" fans or not, the standing in the lower level is absolutely rediculous.

I feel so bad for you. The "standers" are the worst.

BTW if you are taken kids or clients

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rotate wife, kids, friends, co-workers. They like the view. I like going, the better seats I have the more wife/kids want to go. Still amazing only six seats in my row are not scalpers. The four to left of me and my two. The other 18 are scalpers. In row behind me, six behind me are PSL holders other 18 are scalpers and entire row behind that is scalpers. Only 12 regular season ticket holders, me included in the 72 PSL seats.

The standing at wrong times is a problem throught college and pro football at every stadium. If you are unlucky enough to be behind one of these guys, its not so fun.

It seems that in todays StubHub world there are less and less of the same people around you. The ones that are STH, in my experience, are pretty well behaved because they are here week in and week out. The jackals Ive encountered in 135 last season are random...never there the next game or in the same spot.

As a guy who gets bothered by everything in life, for some reason this doesnt. Im pretty amped to be at the game and if I have to stand a bit more then necessary, so be it.

If Sunday proved nothing else to me, from an awesome tailgate with my friends on a gorgeous day to a great win, im very happy to be part of the Jets STH family.
    Last edited by fivewide; 09-11-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Since you have kids, maybe you can give us some advice about what to do. Would you buy “permanent” seats for them or would you rent?

1) Given their ages, we don’t expect to take the girls to regular season night games (Pre Season maybe) anytime soon. With a long commute, it would be too much for them to stay up the entire game.
    2) Really cold games – don’t see the wives letting me take the girls out in bad weather.
    3) I figure the girls will be in for the preseason games and 2-3 regular season games starting next year.

Even if we solve our “stand up” guy problem by moving somewhere else in the LLEZ, we are leaning towards “renting” seats as needed for the family:
    1) No PSL to deal with;
    3) Our existing LLEZ seats are pretty easy to sell on SH. Even with fees, we have only sold for less than $125 once (last minute thing). With planning, I could almost always sell them to friends for FV and no fees.
    4) Buy Mezz A or Mezz B on SH for the exact number of seats we need. For the 49ers game, we would need to pay about: $160-180 for 4 seats together.
    I've got kids, my thoughts:

This "standing" issue doesn't happen on the Mezzanine because we're already high enough to have a good view of the whole field.

While an idiot "superfan" might stand up here and there (just bad luck if you're behind him) the majority of the Standers are standing because they have to in order to see the action. Just like floor seats at MSG for a concert, once the first person stands everyone behind him has to or he's blocked.

Translation: Get out of the LL and your problem is solved unless you have the misfortune of being intercepted by a "superfan" for which there is no cure.

As for the kids, being on the Mezzanine is a win because its much easier to get in/out of and because there are far fewer fans up there we seldom have lines at the bathrooms or concession stands. It's a very different experience than the crowds on the LL or the madhouse in the UD. For young families, the Mezz is ideal.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post

BTW if you are taken kids or clients, the views from low down are better. Particularly for young kids. Remember, no rail at all on the lower level.

Here is a picture taken on my smartphone with no zoom from my seats, sorry it is sideways. Plain old camera phone shot. This is last sundays game. This is the view you should have for kids. They dont really get the game always, but down low daughter got to see Glee girl sing, flag up close, cheerleaders etc. So it kept her entertained at all times. Sure she likes football, but kids 12 and under hard to keep interest in game for UD and even more so when folks stand and people are cursing.
    Yeah, it's great the 20% of the time that the action is right in front of you. The other 80% of the time you're straining your neck looking left and on your tippy-toes trying to see over the heads of everyone else.

There are people that like to hear the plastic crack and smell the sweaty jock, but the sacrifice for that is too great. You never see a play develop, you lose the RB in the line too often, and once the ball leaves the QB's hands you're standing up to try to see what the hell just happened.

I get the best of both worlds: I get to the game 2 hours before kickoff to get a good spot. The seating guards down on the 30's have no problem letting a dad with kids in to watch warmups. My kids ate lunch on Sunday at noon in your seats, saw all the stars warming up, no one around them to block their view as they sat. After 30 minutes of that fun, up the escalator we went to our perch in Mezz A to watch the action. Best of both worlds. Down low when the players helmets are off and they're all over the place for all to see, up high-enough when it's game time to see all the action.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 09-11-2012 at 01:06 PM.

i just moved from sect 241 row 1 to sect 123 & I couldnt be happier. The club section was so boring- never anyone there, no buzz, basically no fun. Sect 123 is the mutants who make it (respectfully) fun- Club seats SUK!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    I don't know what is more annoying, the guys standing up all game, even during time outs...or the guys behind me yelling ''down in front'' all game even during key defensive stands...

If you really want to sit 90% of the game, stay home. Down in front has never worked, and it never will.

I am row 21 lower level, so I am right in the middle of the multiplier effect with 12 rows of pissed off sitters behind me.

So basically, I am annoyed with all of you!

*not my 1st post, but 1st this year...lost my old password which was tied to my old work email so starting fresh...not that anyone cares
    If fans were yelling "quiet down!" during defensive stands I'd get your point. We're supposed to make noise to support the D.

But fans yelling "sit down" have every right to do that because they didn't pay for standing-room-only locations. They paid for a seat. You know, to sit in. Fans don't cheer louder when they're standing. Tom Brady's ears don't care if you're on your feet or on your ass. People who stand do it for one reason only- to "prove" that they're better fans than everyone else. "Look at me! I'm so passionate!" It's nonsense for the rest of us. Especially if we've got kids who can never see any action because of these 20 year old "superfan" fools standing up all the time.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

The idiots do enough to ruin the gameday experience for everyone else:

Taking up multiple parking spots for lawn chairs.
    Throwing footballs near others cars.
    Drinking heavily at 11AM.
    Cooking food and dumping coals.
    Pissing between cars and in stairwells.
    Getting up/down/up/down all game to buy beer.
    Getting up/down/up/down all game to piss out beer.
    Polluting the air with farts from all the beer.
    Cursing loudly in front of children.

That's nightmare enough. That's enough for everyone else to tolerate. Don't need them standing up all game blocking our view too. I call security every time. Then they stop.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I brought my 5 year old to his first regular season game. I bought club seats (Sect 211) for $150/tix (with parking included) and was able to take him into the Club when he was getting hot.

With young kids, the Mezz is the way to go. Even better if you can swing it, the Mezz Club is great as you can get out of the elements (cold, hot, etc.) when you need to. Plus, its pretty tame up there. I didn't hear one curse, one boisterous screamer or anything even remotely offensive - even the normal stuff that you'd expect in passing.

I wouldn't want to sit there as my normal seat without kids, but with my son, it was perfect.

It was absolutely the height of incompetence, however, for them to design the club while not being able to see the action from the club tables by the window. Absolutely ridiculous.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

That's nightmare enough. That's enough for everyone else to tolerate. Don't need them standing up all game blocking our view too. I call security every time. Then they stop.

SAR I

Nope. Football is supposed to exciting. When you are excited you stand up. Sitting is for when your team is getting blown out 35-7. Hell, I don't even sit when I watch the game at home.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Nope. Football is supposed to exciting. When you are excited you stand up. Sitting is for when your team is getting blown out 35-7. Hell, I don't even sit when I watch the game at home.
    I am glad I don't sit behind you. I am in Row 2 in my section; thank God the guys in front of me are not as ... "excited" (or is it obnoxious)?

1) No PSL to deal with;
    I have 1st row upper deck corner end zone. That's the one nice part is no one standing up in front of us. There is also an extra foot of leg room so you don't have to stand if someone walks past you and while I don't have any kids I'm sure it would help if they want to sit on your lap. There is a guy behind me who just got 4 season tickets so he's in the second row. Him and his friend brought their 2 kids both I'd guess to be around 5 years old. They saw the game no problem and enjoyed the seats.

The height up there stinks but you're sitting near where the security guards stand and there's no fights, people standing up, etc etc.

You could also take 2 mezzanine A PSLs and ask for 2 upper deck first row end zone seats to go with it. This way you can switch back and forth and if you get them near a stairwell it's not a far walk just 2 flights of stairs.

SAR I
    BBQing, throwing a football, drinking all at a FOOTBALL GAME...oh the humanity!

Yeah, it's great the 20% of the time that the action is right in front of you. The other 80% of the time you're straining your neck looking left and on your tippy-toes trying to see over the heads of everyone else.

There are people that like to hear the plastic crack and smell the sweaty jock, but the sacrifice for that is too great. You never see a play develop, you lose the RB in the line too often, and once the ball leaves the QB's hands you're standing up to try to see what the hell just happened.

I get the best of both worlds: I get to the game 2 hours before kickoff to get a good spot. The seating guards down on the 30's have no problem letting a dad with kids in to watch warmups. My kids ate lunch on Sunday at noon in your seats, saw all the stars warming up, no one around them to block their view as they sat. After 30 minutes of that fun, up the escalator we went to our perch in Mezz A to watch the action. Best of both worlds. Down low when the players helmets are off and they're all over the place for all to see, up high-enough when it's game time to see all the action.

SAR I
    I thought I smelt something near my seats. Actually I never get to game early. I have it down to an art form. I try to time it so I get to game around 30 minutes to kick-off. Sunday was perfection. Arrived 12:35 pull to front of yellow PSL lot right near green parking closest to gate, tailgators who take up two spots always take it down around then so spots up front open up. Ten minutes eat sandwich and have a beer. 12:50 by seats, go to bathroom get a beer in seats at 12:55. Best news I dont waste all that time going upstairs and by then the guards have shooed away all the broke dicks lottering around in the lower level pretending they have good seats. Lucky the seats flip up so their skidmarks and drool has time to run off. Left game at two minute warning and since no stairs or escalator to deal with and my car was at the closest spot to entrance in yellow section I was pulling out of spot by the time the last whistle blew. A perfect day, no traffic, perfect spot, bringing a kid to a first game my goal was to minimize the day and maximize the game experience. All the way up in the mezz that cant happen. People dont stand in the mezz cause it is like going in your yard at night and standing on the picnic table to get a better view of the moon.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Of course we stand up from time to time. On Sunday, I saw Sanchez fade back, saw Hill getting separation, I was standing before the ball was in the air just knowing it was going to be a TD. As soon as Cromartie broke on the Fitzpennington duck, there I was, standing up cheering the TD before he made the interception.

Point is, you stand up like that maybe 5x a game for the big moments. What the OP was referring to was a chronic Stander, a "superfan" who stands up on every single down making all kinds of noise and shooting the "I'm so disappointed in you" face at everyone behind him who doesn't want to stand up like he does. It's that person I'm referring to. It's not for him to decide whether or not 100 people behind him should stand up; that's their choice. He shouldn't block their view to force the issue.

I should know; I sit in Row 1 for just this purpose. Never have anyone obstructing me and I know better than to become an obstruction to those behind me.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rhode Island Green View Post
    I am glad I don't sit behind you. I am in Row 2 in my section; thank God the guys in front of me are not as ... "excited" (or is it obnoxious)?
    I suppose some people are obnoxious. But I have a hard time staying still in my office.