Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSL Owners - Changing Sections

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    BBQing, throwing a football, drinking all at a FOOTBALL GAME...oh the humanity!
    Parking Lot Guidelines

Parking lot guidelines have been established in order to create a safe and enjoyable experience for all guests. All vehicles and bags that enter MetLife Sports Complex property and MetLife Stadium may be subject to a visual search.

1 VEHICLE = 1 SPACE: All tailgating items must be set up in front of or behind one vehicle. Roadways and additional spaces are to remain clear for fellow guests and emergency vehicles.

ALCOHOL GUIDELINES: All New Jersey alcohol consumption and distribution laws will be strictly enforced by New Jersey State Police and MetLife Stadium Staff. (The NJ State law prohibits public drinking).

COOKING / USE OF GRILLS: We ask that all guests safely set-up, operate and extinguish all cooking and grilling materials. Please extinguish and dispose of all cooking and grilling materials. Hot coals are to be disposed of in hot coal containers which are located at the perimeter of parking lots.

WASTE: Please dispose of all waste materials in the proper trash, recycling, and hot coal containers.

BALL PLAYING: Not allowed in the parking lots and roadways. This is a safety hazard; many injuries occur as a result of these activities.

These are the stadium rules, not the SAR rules. BBQ's are fine but the waste and hot coals are not. Tailgating is fine but taking up 2 or 3 spots to spread out the tables and chairs is not. Football throwing is a hazard to people and vehicles and is prohibited. Public drunkenness is a finable offense in the State of NJ.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 09-11-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Parking Lot Guidelines

Parking lot guidelines have been established in order to create a safe and enjoyable experience for all guests. All vehicles and bags that enter MetLife Sports Complex property and MetLife Stadium may be subject to a visual search.

1 VEHICLE = 1 SPACE: All tailgating items must be set up in front of or behind one vehicle. Roadways and additional spaces are to remain clear for fellow guests and emergency vehicles.

ALCOHOL GUIDELINES: All New Jersey alcohol consumption and distribution laws will be strictly enforced by New Jersey State Police and MetLife Stadium Staff. (The NJ State law prohibits public drinking).

COOKING / USE OF GRILLS: We ask that all guests safely set-up, operate and extinguish all cooking and grilling materials. Please extinguish and dispose of all cooking and grilling materials. Hot coals are to be disposed of in hot coal containers which are located at the perimeter of parking lots.

WASTE: Please dispose of all waste materials in the proper trash, recycling, and hot coal containers.

BALL PLAYING: Not allowed in the parking lots and roadways. This is a safety hazard; many injuries occur as a result of these activities.

These are the stadium rules, not the SAR rules. BBQ's are fine but the waste and hot coals are not. Tailgating is fine but taking up 2 or 3 spots to spread out the tables and chairs is not. Football throwing is a hazard to people and vehicles and is prohibited.

SAR I

The speed limits on most major highways is 55MPH. Are you saying you always follow the rules and never exceed 55MPH?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Parking Lot Guidelines

These are the stadium rules, not the SAR rules. BBQ's are fine but the waste and hot coals are not. Tailgating is fine but taking up 2 or 3 spots to spread out the tables and chairs is not. Football throwing is a hazard to people and vehicles and is prohibited.

SAR I
    This thread is about switching PSL seats, not your anti tailgate rant and how your seats are the best... please stick to the topic.

I got 4 seats in row 7 Mezz A that I would want to get a lower row... Anyone done that yet???

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    The speed limits on most major highways is 55MPH. Are you saying you always follow the rules and never exceed 55MPH?
    Gun ownership is legal in Texas, are you saying you don't carry a gun in Manhattan?

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    This thread is about switching PSL seats, not your anti tailgate rant and how your seats are the best... please stick to the topic.

I got 4 seats in row 7 Mezz A that I would want to get a lower row... Anyone done that yet???
    The thread is about a fan who is outraged by the behavior of others and it impacts his experience in a very negative way.

The tailgating nightmare (not yours which is organized and respectful but rather the ones run by every 25 year old in a Favre jersey) contributes to the overall negative experience. Perhaps those who are upset by the Standers would have a bit more patience if they weren't assaulted by the Food & Alcohol Armageddon in the parking lots. I pointed this out as a supporting argument, it was others that took us off track Mr. Thread Police.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Parking Lot Guidelines

These are the stadium rules, not the SAR rules. BBQ's are fine but the waste and hot coals are not. Tailgating is fine but taking up 2 or 3 spots to spread out the tables and chairs is not. Football throwing is a hazard to people and vehicles and is prohibited. Public drunkenness is a finable offense in the State of NJ.

SAR I
    HA!

You forgot "Dont eat too much at the game as you could spoil your dinner".

"NJ Bans Public Drinking" - Woody cant sell out his illustrious stadium, opening day, 75 degrees and sunny, lets see him sell it out when no one can tailgate.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Gun ownership is legal in Texas, are you saying you don't carry a gun in Manhattan?

SAR I
    It is perfectly legal to carry a licensed firearm in Manhattan with the proper permit. So do you exceed 55 or not?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    It is perfectly legal to carry a licensed firearm in Manhattan with the proper permit. So do you exceed 55 or not?
    Of course he does....as with his "arguments" on the site, he picks and chooses from all the facts to support his statements.

He rips tailgating in general, and then offers a ticket to someone who will give him food and a beer at their tailgate when he doesnt have anywhere to go. Hypocrisy at its best!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    If fans were yelling "quiet down!" during defensive stands I'd get your point. We're supposed to make noise to support the D.

But fans yelling "sit down" have every right to do that because they didn't pay for standing-room-only locations. They paid for a seat. You know, to sit in. Fans don't cheer louder when they're standing. Tom Brady's ears don't care if you're on your feet or on your ass. People who stand do it for one reason only- to "prove" that they're better fans than everyone else. "Look at me! I'm so passionate!" It's nonsense for the rest of us. Especially if we've got kids who can never see any action because of these 20 year old "superfan" fools standing up all the time.

SAR I
    Sar-

Don't disagree. They can absolutely yell. They paid for that right in a way. But the issue is as much as you yell, the 20 rows in front of you (I am row 21/142) are not going to sit down any quicker, and instead all I hear (as a ''stander due to circumstances'') is yelling behind me all game and guys in front yelling back (and the occasional dust up). Its the same 10 fans yelling at the same 15 rows to sit every game.

It gets rather repetitive. And it doesn't work. Like a Schotty 3rd and 11 draw.

I don't mind standing when I have to. At the end of that day, what is it? 1hr of standing during the game? My 8yr old daughter goes to 4+ games a year with me, she stands on her seat when she has to. And this week I had my 5yr old also. She is shorter. Yeah, I had to hold her half the game so she could see good. I deal with it. When people in front of me sit, I sit. When they stand, I stand.

In my opinion, it is no different than it has ever been (at least early in the year...in December when we are 4-10 its rather easy to watch the whole game seated .

When I bought my PSL, I knew what I was getting into. If I wanted to make sure I wasn't standing for 45minutes a game, I would not have bought the PSL. Same thing for all the other inconveniences that go along with attending an NFL game.

Point is, complain all you/we want. Its an 80k seat stadium that attracts a mixed clientele and for as long as there will be football, there will be standing (and hot coals, and fat guys pissing, and drunk slobs, and rather unfortunate costumes, and spilt beer under my seat).

Tell you what though....48pts and its all gravy to me...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course he does....as with his "arguments" on the site, he picks and chooses from all the facts to support his statements.

He rips tailgating in general, and then offers a ticket to someone who will give him food and a beer at their tailgate when he doesnt have anywhere to go. Hypocrisy at its best!
    Tailgating with responsible fans who take up 1 parking space, pick up their trash, and don't get blotto from alcohol is an awesome experience. I won't do it myself as it's work and it's messy, but I'll attend anyone's responsible tailgate any time.

It's those who abuse the rules that are the issue. Taking up 3 spots, making a nasty face when security asks them to move, leaving trash, pissing between cars. That's the problem.

Invite me over to your house next time you have a family BBQ. I'll get there early, park horizontally in your driveway, have my kids eat excessively, drop their trash in the pool, bring a boombox and blast bad 80's rock, and whip it out and pee all over your lawn furniture. Let me know when I can come over, it'll be a lot of fun. You won't mind. That's normal social behavior.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tailgating with responsible fans who take up 1 parking space, pick up their trash, and don't get blotto from alcohol is an awesome experience. I won't do it myself as it's work and it's messy, but I'll attend anyone's responsible tailgate any time.

It's those who abuse the rules that are the issue. Taking up 3 spots, making a nasty face when security asks them to move, leaving trash, pissing between cars. That's the problem.

Invite me over to your house next time you have a family BBQ. I'll get there early, park horizontally in your driveway, have my kids eat excessively, drop their trash in the pool, bring a boombox and blast bad 80's rock, and whip it out and pee all over your lawn furniture. Let me know when I can come over, it'll be a lot of fun. You won't mind. That's normal social behavior.

SAR I
    Well as with anything in life....there are always some bad apples.

You willingly purchase tickets, if you dont like it, dont buy them.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    Sar-

Don't disagree. They can absolutely yell. They paid for that right in a way. But the issue is as much as you yell, the 20 rows in front of you (I am row 21/142) are not going to sit down any quicker, and instead all I hear (as a ''stander due to circumstances'') is yelling behind me all game and guys in front yelling back (and the occasional dust up). Its the same 10 fans yelling at the same 15 rows to sit every game.

It gets rather repetitive. And it doesn't work. Like a Schotty 3rd and 11 draw.

I don't mind standing when I have to. At the end of that day, what is it? 1hr of standing during the game? My 8yr old daughter goes to 4+ games a year with me, she stands on her seat when she has to. And this week I had my 5yr old also. She is shorter. Yeah, I had to hold her half the game so she could see good. I deal with it. When people in front of me sit, I sit. When they stand, I stand.

In my opinion, it is no different than it has ever been (at least early in the year...in December when we are 4-10 its rather easy to watch the whole game seated .

When I bought my PSL, I knew what I was getting into. If I wanted to make sure I wasn't standing for 45minutes a game, I would not have bought the PSL. Same thing for all the other inconveniences that go along with attending an NFL game.

Point is, complain all you/we want. Its an 80k seat stadium that attracts a mixed clientele and for as long as there will be football, there will be standing (and hot coals, and fat guys pissing, and drunk slobs, and rather unfortunate costumes, and spilt beer under my seat).

Tell you what though....48pts and its all gravy to me...
    You know what sucks about 142 and 135, the Jets originally claimed their was some type of BS wheel chair seating or something in first four rows. If we go back in time long term season ticket holders were told section started at row five, looked like a rail was going to be there, then a drop off and perfectly flat ground. Meaning a 50 year season ticket holder who bought row five in 142 thought his seats were amazing, elevation, no one in front and then a drop off to a flat section. Instead they put rows in rows 1-4 in those sections and loaded them up with comp tickets, so you got three rows of ever changing people each week. Granted you get to see some celebs in first few rows. But really that sucked. What if you had kids or a bum knee. By the time they threw the rows in the whole list was called.

Then in 143 and 134 originally they did not sell rows 1-3 as they did not know if they were going to have permant seats, then they added in the removable seats. So someone with a long time ticket, who picked early who has trouble standing or had young kids there were no non obstruction seats in resonable priced seats except in LSL Jets Side which is very little.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post

BTW if you are taken kids or clients, the views from low down are better. Particularly for young kids. Remember, no rail at all on the lower level.

Here is a picture taken on my smartphone with no zoom from my seats, sorry it is sideways. Plain old camera phone shot. This is last sundays game. This is the view you should have for kids. They dont really get the game always, but down low daughter got to see Glee girl sing, flag up close, cheerleaders etc. So it kept her entertained at all times. Sure she likes football, but kids 12 and under hard to keep interest in game for UD and even more so when folks stand and people are cursing.
    I have to agree with Alkotraz here on being close with young kids. When my daughter was younger, our seats were row 2. She was not really aware of the game once it started except for when the plays come to our end of the field.....but she did like being able to yell to the players - Curtis Martin was the first to speak to her.....to this day she thinks he is the greatest football player that ever lived :-).

Being close gave her something to look at besides the people in front of us. She grew up into a teenager now that is battling me for the tickets each week - She wants to take her friends to our seats without ol' dad around.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Parking Lot Guidelines

SAR I
    I had to laugh walking out of the stadium Sunday. We walked past a nice looking newer Toyota Camry. The guy went through the trouble of bagging his trash, but neglected to close it up...so either the seagulls or rowdy fans had it half spilled around his car.

He also went to the trouble of moving his small bbq grill out of the way, just under his bumper. It probably would have been smarter if he had bothered to fully douse the coals. He is lucky he didn't blow up his car.....it looked like someone left his bumper in the oven too long and it melted........

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well as with anything in life....there are always some bad apples.

You willingly purchase tickets, if you dont like it, dont buy them.
    Or, better yet, as a popular voice on a popular website I'll use my powers to influence the Jets ticket office and create the first tailgate-free parking lot in professional sports. Lot D is perfect.

The Jets love PR, I'll pick a dead spot in their backpage flow, make a big splash. "Jets making the stadium experience a more pleasent one by offering fans a tailgate-free lot...".

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rgoltsch View Post
    I had to laugh walking out of the stadium Sunday. We walked past a nice looking newer Toyota Camry. The guy went through the trouble of bagging his trash, but neglected to close it up...so either the seagulls or rowdy fans had it half spilled around his car.

He also went to the trouble of moving his small bbq grill out of the way, just under his bumper. It probably would have been smarter if he had bothered to fully douse the coals. He is lucky he didn't blow up his car.....it looked like someone left his bumper in the oven too long and it melted........
    Good. Never come back. Want to BBQ? Stay home.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good. Never come back. Want to BBQ? Stay home.

SAR I
    It's amazing how this was a post asking if it was possible to change your PSL location to Mezz A is the best location, and tailgaters are low life's. Way to go

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shuler View Post
    It's amazing how this was a post asking if it was possible to change your PSL location to Mezz A is the best location, and tailgaters are low life's. Way to go
    It's all part of the wonders of these interwebs.....threads take on a life of their own

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shuler View Post
    Oh, and to answer the OP's original question.......I moved from section 244 to 233 just before the first season in the new stadium. But I was adding one more seat. So it can be done, but I would think they only do it if there is something in it for them.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rgoltsch View Post
    Oh, and to answer the OP's original question.......I moved from section 244 to 233 just before the first season in the new stadium. But I was adding one more seat. So it can be done, but I would think they only do it if there is something in it for them.
    Yes, I agree it can be done only if 1- you move to higher price point, 2- or if you add a seat, and the total amount of PSL's increases.

They have no incentive to make a lateral move. Will they do it? Possibly, but I think the odds are not in your favor.