Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: PSL Owners - Changing Sections

I just bought a psl this summer and asked my rep what happens if there is an obnoxious fan around me, am I stuck forever? He told me that they have put "undercover people" in psl holders seats and given them something else for a game and if it's a problem, they can revoke the obnoxious fan's psl...not sure if they ever actually have done this though. As far as moving, I was told you can move based on availability laterally or upwards ($) but not told that in writing. As far as the standing up, I am glad that I only have 2 rows of people in front of me...I almost bought a psl in row 39 llez to be under cover, but went for the row 12 over the tunnel...SAR told me it would save my knees.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Tailgating with responsible fans who take up 1 parking space, pick up their trash, and don't get blotto from alcohol is an awesome experience. I won't do it myself as it's work and it's messy, but I'll attend anyone's responsible tailgate any time.
    Do you realize the stadium hires people to pick up the trash? Hard working people who have families to feed? Every time you clean up your trash you risk some poor family facing starvation as you put dad out of work. You Selfish B@stard!

Woody realizes this and has started sending lot police around handing out garbage bags but it's just so he doesn't have to pay hard working people who are earning thier living and then putting thier income back into the economy! Ever heard of the multiplier effect? It's inconsiderate AHs like you that are dooming the economy!

Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    You sir, are one of the reasons why PSL seat holders have a rep of not being real fans. So you are mad a fan is cheering the team on and making noise on defense?

ugh.

That being said, one of the main reasons I purchased the seats I did is because I am in the last row of my section and can stand up for the game without making anyone mad.

If you are looking to move, you will have to move laterally or up in PSL costs. Jets will not let you move down. You will have to buy same number of seats as well.

At least this is my experience.
    I'm now in row 31 of section 135. No one behind us. No worries about standing. Although i was in row 27 before and had Ozu right behind me. He didn't care. But we traded our 245s to add more seats in 135, and moved up to the back row out the section.

Quote Originally Posted by jetgreen View Post
    "Real" fans or not, the standing in the lower level is absolutely rediculous. While on offense and when we're on the other side of the stadium. Really necessary? You're blocking my view of the jumbotrons! Even on defense...why can't you be loud without standing up on first and second down when the team is all the way down field? I'm in the middle of the section...the guys up front all stand, so I stand. The guys behind us yell, so I yell back. It's a stupid way to spend the game. Really unenjoyable. So... I'm considering a move from Lower Level endzone to the Mezz A, paying up in PSL. From the sound of it, maybe I should go up to Mezz B, just to be safe. I may not mind the extra height for a better gameday experience. Oh, BTW, I'm a "real" fan too...whatever that means.
    There are still seats available in row 31 of 142 & 135.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Do you realize the stadium hires people to pick up the trash? Hard working people who have families to feed? Every time you clean up your trash you risk some poor family facing starvation as you put dad out of work. You Selfish B@stard!

Woody realizes this and has started sending lot police around handing out garbage bags but it's just so he doesn't have to pay hard working people who are earning thier living and then putting thier income back into the economy! Ever heard of the multiplier effect? It's inconsiderate AHs like you that are dooming the economy!
    I got to the stadium on Sunday at 10:30. Two-and-a-half hours before kickoff. I drive up to Lot D and, for the first time, am told it's full and I have to go out to Lot B instead. I'm pissed, but nothing I can do.

I get to Lot B and find a parking spot pretty easily, but now I've got to go over two pedestrian bridges and have double the length of the usual walk. It's a nice day, my boys are with me, no biggie.

I enter the pedestrian bridge that connects Lot B to Lot D and it reeks of urine, wanted to vomit. I exit the bridge, breathe fresh air, and walk up one of the Lot D rows towards the second bridge. As I'm walking I count 20 parking spots in Lot D that have beach chairs and tables and beanbag games where my car should be. As if that's not bad enough, I see a pack of 8 yellow-shirted parking guards in front of me walking right by those 20 spots doing nothing but talking and checking their text messages.

I approach the oldest and least odorous of the group and say "Excuse me, I just had to park in Lot B because they closed Lot D temporarily until you guys do your jobs and force these people to move out of empty parking spots. Can you tell me why you just walked by the 20 spots I just walked by and didn't do a damned thing?" I get empty stares, might as well have been talking to the porta-potty that the fans don't use.

F-ck these selfish tailgaters. Some "diehard" Jets fans they are. Just like the people who stand up and block other fans all game, they think that because they wear green facepaint and have Jets beach chairs that it's okay to take 2 or 3 parking spaces because they're SUPERFANS.

F-ck SUPERFANS. Die, all of you. Throw out your trash? Nah. Stuff it down your throats and choke on it.

SAR I

All League
    I got to the stadium on Sunday at 10:30. Two-and-a-half hours before kickoff. I drive up to Lot D and, for the first time, am told it's full and I have to go out to Lot B instead. I'm pissed, but nothing I can do.

I get to Lot B and find a parking spot pretty easily, but now I've got to go over two pedestrian bridges and have double the length of the usual walk. It's a nice day, my boys are with me, no biggie.

I enter the pedestrian bridge that connects Lot B to Lot D and it reeks of urine, wanted to vomit. I exit the bridge, breathe fresh air, and walk up one of the Lot D rows towards the second bridge. As I'm walking I count 20 parking spots in Lot D that have beach chairs and tables and beanbag games where my car should be. As if that's not bad enough, I see a pack of 8 yellow-shirted parking guards in front of me walking right by those 20 spots doing nothing but talking and checking their text messages.

I approach the oldest and least odorous of the group and say "Excuse me, I just had to park in Lot B because they closed Lot D temporarily until you guys do your jobs and force these people to move out of empty parking spots. Can you tell me why you just walked by the 20 spots I just walked by and didn't do a damned thing?" I get empty stares, might as well have been talking to the porta-potty that the fans don't use.

F-ck these selfish tailgaters. Some "diehard" Jets fans they are. Just like the people who stand up and block other fans all game, they think that because they wear green facepaint and have Jets beach chairs that it's okay to take 2 or 3 parking spaces because they're SUPERFANS.

F-ck SUPERFANS. Die, all of you. Throw out your trash? Nah. Stuff it down your throats and choke on it.

SAR I
    I'm picturing this happening. Lol

SAR I
    If it makes you feel any better my usual tailgate parking spot was occupied when I pulled in at 8 am when they opened the gates up. It wasn't occupied by tailgaters but instead security in the parking lots park their cars there. Even worse it's along the island that I tailgate on. I park there on purpose so I don't take up parking spots.

I guess nothings ever going to end SAR's rant, and it is entertaining. But the short story is that it's a tradition going back 50+ years so sorry you don't like it. Have you called Woody and let him know your feelings? Once he finds out you have a beemer instead of a d*ick he might be sympathetic.

SAR I
    I personally love the tailgate people who take up two spots. Last three times I got to game within 25 minutes to kick- off. Usually when all lots are full, sometime around 45 minutes to game time, they tailgaters start breaking down they tailgates. Security drives around the lots in golf carts looking for when spots open and radio back. Then they re-open closest lots. I was in J10 not far from the visitors side entrance a few spots from the green section and got that spot at 12:25. Last years Bills game I got to game ten minutes to kick-off and got the closest spot in lot J to game. I honestly think worse time to arrive for parking is two hours to game time. You have to arrive very early or arrive near game time. The Jets security has no reason at all to have tailgaters take only one spot. It serves no purpose. Remember, they have to take them all down by game time. All the folks like me who arrive between 12:15pm and 1:15pm for a one pm game need a place to park. They are not really taken up two spots. I parked in the spot, also if you arrive at 12:30pm all you need to do is ask a person when they are taken it down. Last year at 12:30pm the guy said in ten minutes why dont you double park and have a beer with us, which I did then he gave me their spot.

If a person gets there at 8am and they set up a big tailgate and stuff is in a spot, they aint taken it all down at 11am cause you are too lazy to walk a bit. However, at 12:40pm someone looking for a spot they are very nice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post

The trash bags they handed out was/is a great idea. Definitely helpful and keeps things a little cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The trash bags they handed out was/is a great idea. Definitely helpful and keeps things a little cleaner.
    When the built new stadium Woody found tons of black garbage bags from back when the mob dumped bodies in that swamp.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I'm now in row 31 of section 135. No one behind us. No worries about standing. Although i was in row 27 before and had Ozu right behind me. He didn't care. But we traded our 245s to add more seats in 135, and moved up to the back row out the section.
    I'm curious to see how much of a rotation I have with the seats around me. The last 2 years there was a regular couple to my left that were at every game (except this Sunday) so there was some continuity, but you were sitting in the 245s last year and I don't think I've ever seen the same person sitting in the seats to my right.

As for the standing, I like standing and yelling on late down defense so the up and down doesn't bother me at all. Still love my seats.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

SAR I
    All I can say is that you deserve kudos for not havng your man servant thrash that heathen with your walking stick.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    I'm curious to see how much of a rotation I have with the seats around me. The last 2 years there was a regular couple to my left that were at every game (except this Sunday) so there was some continuity, but you were sitting in the 245s last year and I don't think I've ever seen the same person sitting in the seats to my right.

As for the standing, I like standing and yelling on late down defense so the up and down doesn't bother me at all. Still love my seats.

I almost got Sect 142 for this week, but I'm glad I didn't. I took my 5 yr old to the game - he would have had a helluva time being able to see anything.

As they say....the more you know! If you're getting tickets - either for the season or just for a game - find the seats that are right for you.

actually I was informed that Mezz A corner row one has best view in house.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It's just such a same that the Jets and Giants agreed on a design that puts the mezz and upper deck so g-d far from the playing field. They could have designed more of a stacked stadium that had all the luxury suites and bells and whistles they desired while giving the fans a much better view and their teams a better home field advantage. Way too much end zone and altitude seating. The design gives you even more of an excuse to stay home and watch on the giant flat screen... Didn't have to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Has anyone been able to work with the Jets move seats within their section b/c of annoying fans?

One of the people that often "sits" in front of us insists on standing up for every single defensive play. He screams the entire time.

While I don't mind some standing, it seems pointless to stand up when the ball is on the other end of the stadium and the Jets are up by 4 touchdowns. He seems to think it makes him "superfan." If he wants to be a superfan, he might try showing up on time and sober.

[On the bright side, he isn't the tool who went to the game with a jersey with the name "Flash" on the back, a Jets construction helmet, soft shoulder pads and football pants complete with pads installed.]

Starting next year, we might start bringing our children and it could be a problem.

Thanks.

Go Jets!!!

No sympathy here....sounds like a very supportive fan in front of you....turn in your PSL and watch from home. Do you know what home field advantage means and the fans importance to contribute to that? obviously not.....lame ass JETS fans

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster_Green View Post
    No sympathy here....sounds like a very supportive fan in front of you....turn in your PSL and watch from home. Do you know what home field advantage means and the fans importance to contribute to that? obviously not.....lame ass JETS fans
    Actually, I do know a home field advantage means. It doesn't mean:
    1) showing up late for every game because you are getting drunk in the parking lot
    2) standing up at the wrong time and acting annoyed at other fans when they don't want to follow your lead
    3) dressing up like a d-bag because you think everyone went to the game to look at you
    4) screaming mindlessly at the wrong times so as to give neighbors a headache
    5) spending all your time trying to be Superfan to the point that you have no idea what is going on
    6) missing a good portion of the game going to get more beer and taking piss breaks.

Thankfully, we haven't had much violence in our area, but I would throw in:
    1) getting wasted so that you get in fights in the stand
    2) screaming profanities at children - even if they are Bills fans.

When the game starts, I am in my seat, I am watching every play, I am standing up at the correct times and cheering at the right times, and I park in one parking spot before the game. That makes me a good fan.

Jets Insider VIP

SAR I
    Agreed, the guys in full gear crack me up. They must have roasted on Sunday. Park in Lot L, you will not have problems finding a spot at 1030 and easy access to 17 (it has actually gotten better). Lots D and E are small lots...

SAR I
    Lot D is tiny, SAR. Try J, K, or L, which are almost never closed. Plus people are always willing to give up an extra spot they are occupying if you ask then to. Never had a problem. Last Sunday, we got to the stadium a little before noon, later than we planned. When we got there we drove around to J,K,L but the parking guys opened Green Parking in Lot G, and let Yellow Passes park there. I was literally less than 100 feet from the West Gate . The spot we got was an extra one next to a tailgate, that had one chair in it. I asked them t move it over and they did so without any problem. I just don't get all these self-inflicted exaggerated game day issues you harp about. It is what it is, and you are simply howling at the moon.

The one thing that bothers me are the overly drunk fans in the stadium that do all the inappropriate things. I wish they'd remain in the parking lots instead of entering the stadium.
    Last edited by Dcat; 09-13-2012 at 10:42 AM.