Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PSL Owners - Changing Sections

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    It's just such a same that the Jets and Giants agreed on a design that puts the mezz and upper deck so g-d far from the playing field. They could have designed more of a stacked stadium that had all the luxury suites and bells and whistles they desired while giving the fans a much better view and their teams a better home field advantage. Way too much end zone and altitude seating. The design gives you even more of an excuse to stay home and watch on the giant flat screen... Didn't have to be that way.
    If you go to stubhub they just added the view from your seat automatically when you click on a section to buy. good luck trying to sell UD EZ sests. Online it makes the view look insanely high.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    I just bought a psl this summer and asked my rep what happens if there is an obnoxious fan around me, am I stuck forever? He told me that they have put "undercover people" in psl holders seats and given them something else for a game and if it's a problem, they can revoke the obnoxious fan's psl...not sure if they ever actually have done this though. As far as moving, I was told you can move based on availability laterally or upwards ($) but not told that in writing. As far as the standing up, I am glad that I only have 2 rows of people in front of me...I almost bought a psl in row 39 llez to be under cover, but went for the row 12 over the tunnel...SAR told me it would save my knees.
    Just curious....you bought a PSL from the Jets directly? If so, did you consider buying one on the secondary market? I can only guess that anything the Jets would offer would be trumped on the secondary market by either location and/or price.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Just curious....you bought a PSL from the Jets directly? If so, did you consider buying one on the secondary market? I can only guess that anything the Jets would offer would be trumped on the secondary market by either location and/or price.
    Not really since many fans purchased PSL's with either 5/15 year plans. For those to transfer they would need to be paid in full prior to the transfer. By buying on the secondary market you would be saving what the seller already paid but the buyer would need to pay the lump sum. I bet the odds of sellers with plans defaulting rather than selling there PSL.

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Not really since many fans purchased PSL's with either 5/15 year plans. For those to transfer they would need to be paid in full prior to the transfer. By buying on the secondary market you would be saving what the seller already paid but the buyer would need to pay the lump sum. I bet the odds of sellers with plans defaulting rather than selling there PSL.
    some of the original PSLs sold in first go around folks had to put 20% down and then had make multiple PSL payments.

For example a guy I rode the train with bought his psl in 2008 in LSL, he had to put down 20%. There were 15K each. So for his 30K PSLs he put down 6k. When they lowered price to 10K each. He ended up with his balance lowered. Plus he has made four PSL payments. Anyone who bought pre-price reduction in an area that had a price reduction has a lot of equity. Anyone who went on five year plan is nearly paid off after next payment. And folks like me just paid off PSL when first payment was due. It was 8% after all. My seats are good and in secondary PSL market sell at a prem so no reason to pay 8% interest as I am never walking away.

Pretty much in around two years most folks will have paid them off. Not many folks are floating a 15 year loan for the full 15 years at 8%

I bought from the Jets directly for a couple of reasons...

1) Security: although there are some legit sites to buy from people....there are also some people out there looking to scam...

2) financing: I took the 15 year deal figuring I can pay it off early or let it go as I see fit..didn't have to pony up the full bill right now.

3) choices were good and toured the stadium which helped me decide which view was for me:
    a) 123 row 39 aisle under cover
    b) 230a row 2 midrow
    c) 232a row 9 aisle
    d) 129 row 12 over the tunnel (this is what I took)...only 2 rows in front of me, close to action and some elevation.

4) offered me choice of bonuses: I took Springsteen tix which I have sold to pay for my parking for the year!

All in all, very pleased.

1) Security: although there are some legit sites to buy from people....there are also some people out there looking to scam...

2) financing: I took the 15 year deal figuring I can pay it off early or let it go as I see fit..didn't have to pony up the full bill right now.

3) choices were good and toured the stadium which helped me decide which view was for me:
    b) 230a row 2 midrow
    c) 232a row 9 aisle
    d) 129 row 12 over the tunnel (this is what I took)...only 2 rows in front of me, close to action and some elevation.

4) offered me choice of bonuses: I took Springsteen tix which I have sold to pay for my parking for the year!

how much were the row 129 PSLs each?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

b) 230a row 2 midrow
    c) 232a row 9 aisle

Impossible. Those are sold out.

Even the Giants have PSLs for sale.

Jets Insider VIP
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    some of the original PSLs sold in first go around folks had to put 20% down and then had make multiple PSL payments.

Pretty much in around two years most folks will have paid them off. Not many folks are floating a 15 year loan for the full 15 years at 8%

I paid in full for 2 of my 3 seats and as of November will only have a small remaining balance on the third. Extremely happy with the great seats I ended up choosing. Was able to sell all the stupid preseason games on stubhub (Giants for above face and Panthers for 75 bucks) and both parking passes too

Had one available forthe Bills game and grossed nearly 300 and the three for Thanksgiving night recently were sold on stubhub for nearly 400 each. Two great benefits for buying great seats--- great views for the games the 95 percent of games you go to and great market value for the few you need to resell PLUS buyers for preseason games as an added bonus

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Even the Giants have PSLs for sale.
    I wasn't serious. My bad, I should've put a smilie in. Wait a minute....

All of those seats were $4000 each. My rep was awesome, we toured the whole stadium and he was very patient. Pm me if you going psl and I will get you info and I can get referral credit. I only looked at $4000 psl so not sure what else available. I also wanted shady side.

Said they were available. Originally thought I was going with 230a row 2 but liked llez more.

standing up has nothing to do with me a good fan or supporting your team unless a player is leaving the field after an injury.

You can make just as much noise sitting down that you can standing up. Sometimes the people behind you can't see if you stand and jump around, you are ruining thier enjoyment of the game. I would think during a game I will stand about 10% of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip View Post
    I don't know what is more annoying, the guys standing up all game, even during time outs...or the guys behind me yelling ''down in front'' all game even during key defensive stands...

If you really want to sit 90% of the game, stay home. Down in front has never worked, and it never will.

I am row 21 lower level, so I am right in the middle of the multiplier effect with 12 rows of pissed off sitters behind me.

So basically, I am annoyed with all of you!

*not my 1st post, but 1st this year...lost my old password which was tied to my old work email so starting fresh...not that anyone cares
    It won't work because some people think that there enjoyment is all that counts and the hell with anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    i just moved from sect 241 row 1 to sect 123 & I couldnt be happier. The club section was so boring- never anyone there, no buzz, basically no fun. Sect 123 is the mutants who make it (respectfully) fun- Club seats SUK!
    I'm also in 123. We have 4 there and 4 in 215 on the 40 in the mezz club. I always sit in 123.