Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, Jenkins - 61 yards 0 TDs

Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, Jenkins - 61 yards 0 TDs

Hill the Thrill - 89 Yards 2 TD's.

Oh yea, he was under the weather and puking on the sidelines.

http://deadspin.com/5942002/superlat...-the-sidelines

Tanny is a bean counter. He did not get us any playmakers yet again this offseason.

Wait, what

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Tanny is a bean counter. He did not get us any playmakers yet again this offseason.

Wait, what
    tanny's picks yesterday got 3 td passes, 3 td catches and 1 punt return td.

And a rushing TD. He also traded for a pick 6.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    tanny's picks yesterday got 3 td passes, 3 td catches and 1 punt return td.
    True, but Tebow didn't rush or pass for a TD and only fielded one onside kick the entire game!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Schatz
    If any surprise performer on the Jets might be able to duplicate his performance against Buffalo, it likely would be Stephen Hill. The rookie wide receiver caught five passes in only six targets for 89 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

Who saw this kind of production coming? Well, to a degree, we did. In "Football Outsiders Almanac 2012," we released the latest version of Playmaker Score, our prediction system for wide receivers and their success in the NFL based on collegiate production and combine results. The study was based on receivers who entered the NFL between 2005 and 2009. The top 10 Playmaker Score projections include Roddy White, Vincent Jackson, Sidney Rice, Hakeem Nicks, Braylon Edwards, and Santonio Holmes. Greg Jennings and Mike Wallace both made the top 15. The best Playmaker Score in that time frame was put up by Calvin Johnson.

Until this year, that is. Between his stellar production at Georgia Tech and his dazzling performance at the NFL combine, Hill wound up with a higher Playmaker Score than any other prospect we've found. Initially we guessed that Hill's statistics might have been skewed by Georgia Tech's triple-option offense, a run-dependent scheme in which most passing plays were deep lobs to Hill in single coverage. However, based on his performance against Buffalo, it seems that Playmaker Score has found a winner in Hill.

The headlines are focusing on Sanchez right now, but when we look back at this game in future seasons, it may be better remembered as the day the Jets' breakout receiving star was born.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...ensive-success

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Picked him up for my fantasy team after that second TD

Knew this kid was going to be good, but didn't expect big receiving stats this year. Only one game so far, but double-digit TD's for the season is a possibility.

He also was lucky enough to have Stephen Gilmore on him frequently, who was horrid.

Hall Of Fame
    Best thing about Hill is his personality. Nothing diva about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Picked him up for my fantasy team after that second TD

Knew this kid was going to be good, but didn't expect big receiving stats this year. Only one game so far, but double-digit TD's for the season is a possibility.
    He's off to a cracking start!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    True, but Tebow didn't rush or pass for a TD and only fielded one onside kick the entire game!
    That's on Woody!

FWIW, I thought Kendall Wright looked very good against the Pats, although he certainly wasn't as impressive as Hill.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Best thing about Hill is his personality. Nothing diva about him.
    +1

Seems to have very good character with a very good work ethic

After yesterday i think the Jets found their future #1 WR, Hes going to open the field for Holmes and Keller (when hes healthy) when teams pay more attention to him giving those guys room to work with underneath.

The better Hill performs the better this offense will perform overall

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    He also was lucky enough to have Stephen Gilmore on him frequently, who was horrid.
    It's funny how quickly things turn. All we heard was how Gilmore was tearing up the pre-season and that he, along with Byrd and McKelvin made for an aggressive group. Jets burn them and all of sudden they're pikers. Maybe it was actually that the Jets were really that good... not many solid secondaries in the league, TBH. Jets are among the few.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

Wait, what
    Exposes our Landin-Hole Strip f*cks for what they are.

Overweight, chicken wing and Dorito stained idiots whose hardest daily physical activity is straining to take a sh*t after they've eaten too much.

And RG3 is going to the HoF while Luck is the next Ryan Leaf. It's one game. Jenkins is buried in the 49ers depth chart. Blackmon plays with Blaine Gabbert.

I'm pleased with Hill's debut, but the "I told you so" stuff is absurd after week 1.

Bewildered Beast
    Great thread; glad to see FO calling one that works out for us. Very nice.

Honestly, this stat says (to me) more about our OLine.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Exposes our Landin-Hole Strip f*cks for what they are.

Overweight, chicken wing and Dorito stained idiots whose hardest daily physical activity is straining to take a sh*t after they've eaten too much.
    Dorito sh*ts do make for good physical excersise

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    And RG3 is going to the HoF while Luck is the next Ryan Leaf. It's one game. Jenkins is buried in the 49ers depth chart. Blackmon plays with Blaine Gabbert.

I'm pleased with Hill's debut, but the "I told you so" stuff is absurd after week 1.
    Well it's all we have to go off so why can't we enjoy it?

Hope he shows up and plays just as good these next few weeks against the some of the best defenses.

okay, okay. great game all around. i can't remember when i saw such a complete jet game. they were good everywhere and certainly did much better than expected passing. but it's only one game and there are 15 more. we need them to keep it up. one game at a time. next up pittsburgh and they are a pig ready for slaughter.