Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, Jenkins - 61 yards 0 TDs

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Tanny is a bean counter. He did not get us any playmakers yet again this offseason.

Wait, what
    and don't forget that he failed to address the RT problem!

Jeffery and Sanu both had a good day too.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Tanny is a bean counter. He did not get us any playmakers yet again this offseason.

Wait, what
    Bah! Tanny is still a nitwit for not bringing back Braylon.

The fact that Stephen Hill is the #2 receiver, a rookie, has Holmes on the other side, has Keller in the middle, and has very good chemistry with Mark already I would say that his numbers will probably be pretty good this year.

I'm not expecting this kid to catch 2 TDs a game. That's ridiculous. However, based on his talent and what he's shown us at this moment I'd expect that he's probably gonna be around 1000 yards receiving. If he keeps catching 5 passes a game he's gonna be pretty damn productive. He's shown he can get open. Everyone already knows he's physical. These guys have to respect his speed and that's the X-Factor. That alone will have guys not as willing to try and jam him at the line and even when they do try that he's strong enough and physical enough to still get free, which he showed on his first catch of his career.

I'm optimistic. On paper, he's exactly what we were hoping for an ideal situation. If Holmes is getting doubles then that's going to leave him in 1v1's and plenty of mismatches. He's already a mismatch because of his size/speed. Try not giving help to the guy covering him and you'll see that he'll be catching a lot of passes. Maybe not all of them deep, but eventually the defense will start to concede the soft routes. That stuff will add up. Then think about after he catches it he's a mismatch because he's not easy to tackle, as you saw he can break tackles. There's a lot to get excited about with this kid. I think you're already seeing the results paying dividends with Kerley being in the slot and getting a good matchup because of Hill and Holmes on the outside. Again, this used to be all in theory and on paper. But yesterday the Jets showed that they can turn that "on paper" theory into real life production.
    Last edited by southside; 09-10-2012 at 06:15 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Picked him up for my fantasy team after that second TD
    yikes what kind of league has an open FA market while games are on?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Hill the Thrill - 89 Yards 2 TD's.

Oh yea, he was under the weather and puking on the sidelines.

http://deadspin.com/5942002/superlat...-the-sidelines
    i noticed you kept Jeffrey out of your comparison thread.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    yikes what kind of league has an open FA market while games are on?
    Undrafted players can be taken at any point in Yahoo leagues. The owner who's quickest has the advantage. Different with players on waivers though

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Picked him up for my fantasy team after that second TD

Knew this kid was going to be good, but didn't expect big receiving stats this year. Only one game so far, but double-digit TD's for the season is a possibility.
    Watching the game with the wife she asked about this Hill kid, told a little bit (of course as a fan). Fourth quarter comes along and I'm still into the game as I have the Jets D and was getting pissed at the garbage TDs they were giving up. Look over and she's on her phone asked what she was doing,"nothing". back to the game getting pissed. she's still on the phone. I asked again what are you doing? She sets down her phone and says "I dropped L Robinson and picked up Hill"... Never should have let her in the league, Damn Giants fan.

2nd Q 6:40
    Jets ball 3rd and 2

Bills had just made score 21-7 thanks to Spiller.

Anyways, Hill runs a short zig zag route, he is bumped by smaller DB , comes of bump easily but slips, he stumbles, Sanchez has already thrown him he ball, the rookie has a split second to recover balance just as ball is closing in.
    He makes the catch and gains 4 yards. For the first down.

If u have game on dvr check this play out. Good stuff.

Defenses will soon roll double coverage to hill if he keeps it up.

He is a much more dangerous player than holmes if he is as good as he may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    i noticed you kept Jeffrey out of your comparison thread.
    Jeffrey is the only player you should compare Hill to really. It was between those two at where we picked, and why we moved up those 4 or 5 spots cuz Chicago was supposed to take Hill if we didn't jump ahead. They settled for Jeffery and still got a good player, but Hill has more upside I think. I love how he can adjust in mid play and comes back to the ball, he also uses his body well. Hard to teach that.