Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Hampur MNF Bengals at Ravens

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, the Ravens look strong.

    Gotta say, for all the crap we (including me) dumped on Flacco, making comparisons to his first 3 years to Sanchez's first 2n he looked outstanding last night.

    He is so tall, has a rocket arm and was totally composed all night. So much more accurate than I've ever seen him.

    And I can't believe how much better we'd be if we had a REAL feature back like Rice. I still believe in Greene, but having a guy that is constantly knocking off 6 and 8 and 12 yard runs, or taking screen passes for 15-20 yards is just such a luxury for an offense.

    Also, their defense looked strong.

    And until the game got away from them, I also though the Bengals looked good, and Dalton looks like he's going to be a player too. Tall, big arm, accurate- I was surprised. That team is going to win a lot of games this year.

    _

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with your assesment outside of Dalton Stokesey.

    This guy fell off a cliff in the 2nd half last year and looked like a deer in headlights last night. Not really high on him at all.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Wow, the Ravens look strong.

    Gotta say, for all the crap we (including me) dumped on Flacco, making comparisons to his first 3 years to Sanchez's first 2n he looked outstanding last night.

    He is so tall, has a rocket arm and was totally composed all night. So much more accurate than I've ever seen him.

    And I can't believe how much better we'd be if we had a REAL feature back like Rice. I still believe in Greene, but having a guy that is constantly knocking off 6 and 8 and 12 yard runs, or taking screen passes for 15-20 yards is just such a luxury for an offense.

    Also, their defense looked strong.

    And until the game got away from them, I also though the Bengals looked good, and Dalton looks like he's going to be a player too. Tall, big arm, accurate- I was surprised. That team is going to win a lot of games this year.

    _


    lolz

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I agree with your assesment outside of Dalton Stokesey.

    This guy fell off a cliff in the 2nd half last year and looked like a deer in headlights last night. Not really high on him at all.
    I'm willing to give him the same benefit of the doubt I have given Sanchez--the guy WAS a rookie last year.

    Idk, in that first half he was making some HUGE throws, on the money, lots of zip, a physical specimen. Wasn't until the Ravens pinned their ears back when they got the big lead that he really got the deer/headlights look.

    Hey, they did the same thing to Sanchez.

    _

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I'm willing to give him the same benefit of the doubt I have given Sanchez--the guy WAS a rookie last year.

    Idk, in that first half he was making some HUGE throws, on the money, lots of zip, a physical specimen. Wasn't until the Ravens pinned their ears back when they got the big lead that he really got the deer/headlights look.

    Hey, they did the same thing to Sanchez.

    _
    Fair points, I just don't think he really has the physical tools Mark possesses, but obviously the book on him is still open.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us