Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roster moves to be made post week 1...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Isn't Ryan Grant that guy whom someone said had sickle-cell anemia and wasn't able to play in Denver's high altitude or something like that?

I remember reading that somewhere here....
    You're thinking of Ryan Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Looks like Sapp is heading to the PS - but they also cut some CB off the squad. Which of course begs the question - what are they doing with that open roster spot . . .
    Especially cutting a corner, when Revis may be ruled out due to lingering concussion symptoms. Rex usually would want as many corners available as he can get...when you're playing against Big Ben and his speedy receivers.

My guess is corners, or revving up the pass rush, would be what Rex would want for the D. Or maybe another RB for the offense. Greene carried it a ridiculous 27 times against the Bills...and with two fumbles(both recovered.) So Rex may be wanting to add another heavy duty back to run against the nasty Steelers D.

That's what I'm thinking.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4591061]
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    He was in there, but didnt do much.
    QUOTE]

You can't just count sacks. When Maybin was in front of us on the twenty I noticed he was chasing Fitz, making him run, almost every play. Seems to me disrupting the QB and distracting him is pretty valuable as well.
    Yeah, he also missed a sack by a shoestring when Fitz was running for his life.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Because there was a time when he was mentioned in the same class as von miller in college. A player who had the speed to both rush the passer and cover in space.

He is never healthy, so maybe his talent is a moot point, but no one is saying we should tie up a spot on the 53 with him, simply that he should be resigned to the PS, which is virtually riskless for a player with his potential.
    He's more fragile than Schillens who is universally despised on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The RB? No, he played for Green Bay.

Oh okay. Got confused there for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    You're thinking of Ryan Clark.
    Well damn.....