Thread: Zeppelin countdown

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Zeppelin countdown

On the Led Zeppelin's facebook page is a countdown???? Not sure if its concert annoucement or just new DVD.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012...book-countdown

Led Zeppelin Facebook countdown prompts rumours of new tour
    Fans speculate what the countdown on the band's Facebook page means a set of concert dates? Or just a new DVD?
    Share 166

Email
    Sean Michaels
    guardian.co.uk, Monday 10 September 2012 06.56 EDT
    Jump to comments (12)

Final countdown Led Zeppelin thought to be unveiling live DVD of O2 concert. Photograph: Getty Images
    Led Zeppelin have begun a mysterious online countdown, fuelling speculation that they are planning a new tour or perhaps just releasing a live DVD.

On Saturday, the group posted "FIVE" to their Facebook page, provoking thousands of comments, tens of thousands of Likes, and not one single certainty about what Led Zeppelin were announcing. Fans debated the significance of the number: five concert dates? A five-disc box set? A follow-up to the album Led Zeppelin IV? On Sunday, the band cleared things up a little, posting a new word: "FOUR." Apparently they are counting down to a bigger announcement; the reveal is set for Thursday 13 September.

Led Zeppelin could be up to anything. The band has seemingly been inactive since 2009, when Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones abandoned their plan to replace frontman Robert Plant. The singer had refused to reunite the group, saying he was happy to leave 2007's O2 Arena concert as Led Zep's last stand. Plant remains committed to other projects: recent years saw him performing with Alison Krauss, Band of Joy, and now the Sensational Space Shifters.

Despite some fans' more fanciful theories, Led Zeppelin's forthcoming announcement is almost certainly a live CD/DVD of the 2007 show. The strongest indication comes from Page's manager, Peter Mensch, who tweeted the following on Saturday (via NME): "It's almost here. I've seen it and heard it. almost 5 years to the day." Mensch was even more direct in a post this July: "Today, [producer/engineer Alan] Moulder continues with his stellar mixing of the O2 show. it's been 5 years coming and it's almost here."

John Bonham's son, Jason, who played drums at the show, revealed in 2010 that the gig could be released on DVD. "I really do hope that it eventually will see the light of day," he told KLOS radio. Last week, a Belgian radio station claimed it had received details of Led Zep's forthcoming live set: a double DVD and two CDs, due in November.

Led Zeppelin have released four live albums, including 2003's How the West Was Won, which has sold more than a million copies.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GSqIj0E1sE

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theaters in October. DVD in November.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbusD...layer_embedded

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    Theaters in October. DVD in November.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbusD...layer_embedded
    Thanks for the update, CT. I still get chills seeing/hearing Page.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem. I wish they had released this sooner (after the O2 show). I wasn't old enough to see Zeppelin before Bonham died, but did see Page & Plant when they got back together. Will never forget being in the Continental Arena when the lights went out and the first notes of "Wanton Song" hit me. Still get chills.
    Last edited by CTJetsFanII; 09-13-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    No problem. I wish they had released this sooner (after the O2 show). I wasn't old enough to see Zeppelin before Bonham died, but did see Page & Plant when they got back together. Will never forget being in the Continental Arena when the lights weet out and the first notes of "Wanton Song" hit me. Still get chills.
    Saw Zep opening night at the Garden on their last US tour. Page came sliding across the stage to "The Song Remains the Same" as the lights went up. What exhilaration. I'm getting chills right now thinking back on that moment.