Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Jets secondary ....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So that strategy only applies to the Jets?

Last year when the Pats were up +20 points in 11 out of 16 games, all you guys said was the Pats defense sucked because they gave up so much yardage.

So which is it?
    Yeah if only it was true that in those games they were up 20 points ALL THE TIME. Also thats awesome that you compare the Pats pass defense of last year to the Jets pass defense this year. If you guys had any of our secondary's of the last 3 years you'd be going for ya 4th straight superbowl this year. Gimme a break

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So that strategy only applies to the Jets?

Last year when the Pats were up +20 points in 11 out of 16 games, all you guys said was the Pats defense sucked because they gave up so much yardage.

So which is it?
    Yeah if only it was true that in those games they were up 20 points ALL THE TIME. Also thats awesome that you compare the Pats pass defense of last year to the Jets pass defense this year. If you guys had any of our secondary's of the last 3 years you'd be going for ya 4 straight superbowl this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Yeah if only it was true that in those games they were up 20 points ALL THE TIME. Also thats awesome that you compare the Pats pass defense of last year to the Jets pass defense this year. If you guys had any of our secondary's of the last 3 years you'd be going for ya 4th straight superbowl this year. Gimme a break
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Yeah if only it was true that in those games they were up 20 points ALL THE TIME. Also thats awesome that you compare the Pats pass defense of last year to the Jets pass defense this year. If you guys had any of our secondary's of the last 3 years you'd be going for ya 4 straight superbowl this year.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I think we need to be realistic about the player Fitzpatrick is when evaluating week 1. He's been below league average since he signed that contract. I'll even give you that his first 2 INTs were nice plays by the secondary (especially Revis's) and maybe he felt a little pressure on the throws. But you look at his 3rd INT and that's where the grain of salt comes in. Legit NFL starters do not make that throw right to Cro. Fitzpatrick is a shaky player and proclaiming this to be Rex's best D off of his mistakes is dubious. Because I didn't see anything else to support this as Rex's best D. I saw their RB gash us and without Revis's shoestring tackle (and concussion), Spiller is over 200 for the day. I need to see a lot more from our front 7 before I make judgments. Right now, I'd say we're a solid top 10 D with potential to be top 5. Which is plenty to win it all if your offense plays like ours did in week 1.
    the NFL Redzone dude said "the jets showed man coverage before the snap. confused Fitz and played a zone". This secondary will confuse QBs all year!!!