Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Billsí fans rustled as hell about LaRon Smash

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    Is it legal to have a safety this big? hope he's not getting drug tested any time soon

I think I've seen that advertisement with the headline "Fitness Trainers Hate Him"

All Pro
    Boys...boys.

Landry hit Jackson on the left leg.

Jackson's injury was to the right knee.

The picture explains all.

Can we be done now?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt39 View Post
    breaking down and wrapping up is a textbook tackle....directly spearing your head at the ball carriers knee from the side is dirty. Landry knew what he was doing....attacking that part of the knee is trying to hurt someone.
    It wasn't a cheapshot. Stop being a homer.
    the hit on jackson was not dirty at all. he hit him on the thigh shoulder first.
    It wasn't a cheap shot. It was a legal hit. I remember some of you being the same people justifying Steve Johnson after week 1 last year on his chop block on Eric Berry as a legal play. This was just as legal.
    Looks like the fans have taken on the same whiny, soft, excuse laden attitude as the team and coaching staff. George Wilson is a good guy and a decent player. Landry is a mean sob and a decent player. I'll take Landry everytime.
    not a helmet, it was his shoulder. and not his knee, it was his thigh. your really trying to spin this around but thats just not what happened.
    And those are quotes from Bills fans on the first page of the thread.

Landry attacking players low like this is a result of Goodell's over zealous fines and penalties for hitting players high. I said all along, any player would rather get hit high than low... That's why teams don't hit low in practice, everything is wrapping up high. Goodell is an idiot, and this is an example of how he is ruining the game. Look what Landry has done over the course of a few weeks with these devastating, low hits. Just imagine if every player did this. F-Goodell, and cudos to Landry for following Goodell's rules and exposing their danger.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Landry attacking players low like this is a result of Goodell's over zealous fines and penalties for hitting players high. I said all along, any player would rather get hit high than low... That's why teams don't hit low in practice, everything is wrapping up high. Goodell is an idiot, and this is an example of how he is ruining the game. Look what Landry has done over the course of a few weeks with these devastating, low hits. Just imagine if every player did this. F-Goodell, and cudos to Landry for following Goodell's rules and exposing their danger.
    As far as knee injuries v. head injuries, knee beats head everyday. I'd rather have my mind and live with knee pain than have a 100% perfect joint and not have a mind to pick up my kids anyway.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's the increasing threat and likelihood of numerous lawsuits by former players that was Goodell's main motivation in sanctioning high hits.

All Pro
    The Landry hit on Jackson was dirty though
    They should be thanking him for that IMO. That team was going no where with a 32 year old back. Spiller will have a great year and it will work out better for the Bills. Fact is Spiller should not be doing ST he should have been the prime back day one. I don't get how a team can draft a guy that high and not use him right.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    LANDRY SMASH !!!

[/QUOTE]

Rookie
    let them eat wings

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Any chance you can edit out the JI logo? Want to use this on another forum.
    Here you go.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Any chance you can edit out the JI logo? Want to use this on another forum.
    Bills message board?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    As far as knee injuries v. head injuries, knee beats head everyday. I'd rather have my mind and live with knee pain than have a 100% perfect joint and not have a mind to pick up my kids anyway.
    Ask any player in the NFL or played serious football at any level, and they will disagree with you. If given the choice, they will take a hit around the head area over a hit to the knees, especially if they don't see it coming. Reason being is that a much lesser blow to the knee can end a season, where as it takes multiple big hits to the head to scramble your brain.

You can come back from a concussion in a week, but a knee can shelf you for a year or longer.

When a jets player is down on the field, the first thing I hope is that it's not a lower body injury.

Like I said, if everyone hit defenseless WRs low, there would be a lot more injuries than with hitting high. Stewart and Fred Jackson are wishing Landry hit them in the face rather than the legs, and that's a fact. I'm sure Revis is much happier he suffered a concussion this week rather than a knee injury.
    Last edited by Gastineau99; 09-11-2012 at 09:27 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Jack Tatum
    Ronnie Lott
    Steve Atwater
    Rodney Harrison
    Brian Dawkins

I've seen guys like this on the other side of the line of scrimmage... tough sh1t if we have one now...

Truth.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Here you go.

You dat dude, thank you.

Hall Of Fame
    You dat dude, thank you.
    No problem.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

breaking down and wrapping up is a textbook tackle....directly spearing your head at the ball carriers knee from the side is dirty. Landry knew what he was doing....attacking that part of the knee is trying to hurt someone.
    You might be close if thats what happened, but it's not what happened.

He him him on the thigh with his shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You might be close if thats what happened, but it's not what happened.

He him him on the thigh with his shoulder.
    You didn't get the memo ? Facts should NEVER stand in the way of a good argument

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The Landry hit on Jackson was dirty though
    Nope.

NFL fined 3 Safeties for rough play last weekend. None of them named Landry!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83...-nfl-roughness

League doles out fines for Week 1
    Updated: September 14, 2012, 5:30 PM ET

Safeties Madieu Williams of Washington, Taylor Mays of Cincinnati and Rahim Moore of Denver have been fined $21,000 each by the NFL for unnecessary roughness in Week 1.

Williams made helmet-to-helmet contact with Jimmy Graham when the Saints' tight end was defenseless with about three minutes remaining in Sunday's game at New Orleans. Mays did the same to Baltimore tight end Ed Dickson in a Monday night game. Rahim unnecessarily struck defenseless Steelers receiver Emmanuel Sanders in the head and neck area Sunday night.

Houston defensive end Antonio Smith says he's been fined $21,000 for kicking Miami guard Richie Incognito.

Smith missed two practices this week with a sore right ankle. He says he was only retaliating when Incognito tried to twist his ankle after the whistle.

The Texans (1-0) play at Jacksonville (0-1) on Sunday. Smith practiced on Friday, and coach Gary Kubiak expects him to play against the Jaguars.

Smith said he's "disappointed" in the fine and plans to appeal. Smith was fined $7,500 last season for pulling off Baltimore guard Andre Gurode's helmet in a game against the Ravens.

"If you're going strictly by the rule book, me kicking him was breaking the rules," Smith said Friday. "But I want them (the NFL) to look at why I was kicking him, trying to get him off of my ankle. You see on the film, the moment my ankle came free, I stopped. I was just trying to get my ankle free from him mauling it."

Incognito said he was innocent of wrongdoing and argued videotape supported his contention. The NFL agreed: He wasn't fined.

"The eye in the sky doesn't lie," Incognito said Thursday.

Drawing $15,750 fines were Minnesota defensive end Everson Griffen for helmet-to-helmet contact with Jacksonville quarterback Blaine Gabbert, and Dallas tackle Tyron Smith for a horse collar tackle (Smith's fine was reported Thursday). Vikings defensive tackle Letroy Guion was fined $7,875 for roughing Gabbert.

Kansas City running back Shaun Draughn was fined $7,875 for unnecessary roughness against Atlanta, while Miami center Mike Pouncey drew the same amount for the same act against Houston.
    I stand corrected. The tackle was clean after watching it again...and the still photo confirms.
    Cool.

Landry just brings so much devastation on his tackles that it's pretty easy to assume it was an illegal hit of some sort.

Bottom line - I'm glad he's in green and playing for us!
    Last edited by jetstream23; 09-15-2012 at 10:38 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Nope.

Matt's been quiet.

I guess when everyone disagrees with you, it's best to walk away.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Nope.

Haters irate that LARON SMASH doesn't need to do illegal things to beat you down.