Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Billsí fans rustled as hell about LaRon Smash

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Not even close. it was just bad luck that jackson was planting his foot at the same time as the hit. If Jackson's leg was not planted he would have just done and had a little bruise on his thigh the next morning. If he can't hit like that and you can't hit up high you are left with flag football.
    I stand corrected. The tackle was clean after watching it again...and the still photo confirms.

All League
    Is it legal to have a safety this big? hope he's not getting drug tested any time soon

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    Right, never hit his knee, hit the thigh and the knee buckled...this shot is the only still I could find and shows after he hit him in the pad...never touched the knees...

Looks pretty clean to me

Veteran
    Bills are a joke, enjoy that wasted $100 million on a declining player.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    To be fair if you read through the thread there are plenty of Bills fans on there who defend the play saying it was clean.
    thats the funny part about the whole thread. There are some that are grasping for straws with the whole ordeal. my favorite was the guy who asked why didnt his teammates have a problem with the hit...........duh, because it was a legit hit. Stupid

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    a couple that I had to comment on...

This is just funny!

This one, I thought people would think that when Landry clapped, but you can see, his head was down and hit the thighpad and he never saw what his Knee did when he hit him...he was just celebrating the play....that being said, if it was me, I'd reach out to Jackson, just to make sure it wasn't misconstrued.

So you can't hit around the head, and now we can't hit around the legs???
    I am seriously concerned that Goodell will outlaw lower leg hits if this becomes the new trend. In my opinion, you can reconstruct a knee, but you can't repair a concussed brain. So I really hope Goodell can buy this logic and look the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt39 View Post
    breaking down and wrapping up is a textbook tackle....directly spearing your head at the ball carriers knee from the side is dirty. Landry knew what he was doing....attacking that part of the knee is trying to hurt someone.
    Why is legal then...

breaking down and wrapping up is a textbook tackle....directly spearing your head at the ball carriers knee from the side is dirty. Landry knew what he was doing....attacking that part of the knee is trying to hurt someone.
    Wrong...Landry came full speed at Jackson...contacting him with his shoulder into the thigh. That's a legal hit with force. A snot-knocker for sure.

Hope Landry and Bell brings it with same force to the Pats and all Jets opponents too. No more feasting on the Jets, in the middle of the field. Make them pay.

It ain't a fantasy league...yet...for now...it's still the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    Any chance you can edit out the JI logo? Want to use this on another forum.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Any chance you can edit out the JI logo? Want to use this on another forum.
    Maybe. I'll take a look at it tonight.

I originally thought Landry hit Jackson dorectly on the knee, which would have been a little "dirty," but free watching the game again today, Landry hit him about hip/thigh level, but the blow was so powerful that Jackson got upended hard. The replay doesn't show his knee get bent back or anything, so it's not even clear how the injury occurred.

Hall Of Fame
    Leading with your shoulder into a ball carriers thigh is perfectly legal and another way tackling is taught.

All League
    Jack Tatum
    Ronnie Lott
    Steve Atwater
    Rodney Harrison
    Brian Dawkins

I've seen guys like this on the other side of the line of scrimmage... tough sh1t if we have one now...

When Decastro from Pitt got injured, Rapistberger commented on how his foot got caught up in the Field Turf and it seemed to be a complaint.

If this hit by Landry had occurred on grass, is it possible/probable that the injury wouldn't have occurred or been as severe?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    To be fair if you read through the thread there are plenty of Bills fans on there who defend the play saying it was clean.
    so you're saying every team has its knucklehead fans? hmmmm....interesting hypothesis, sir!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Watch the video again. thats not what happened. Check the Bills site above, there's a link to the video. Clean hit to the thigh.
    Thank you!!!

Some people are crazy.... it is so much more DRAMATIC to say he LUANCHED himself helmet first at a player's knee....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Jack Tatum
    Ronnie Lott
    Steve Atwater
    Rodney Harrison
    Brian Dawkins

I've seen guys like this on the other side of the line of scrimmage... tough sh1t if we have one now...
    +1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The Landry hit on Jackson was dirty though
    Nope. You can tackle a player at his legs...in fact, other than the waist/hips it's exactly the right place to tackle someone.

If Landry gets a suspension, fine or even a warning I'd be SHOCKED. Let's see what happens. The League reviews this stuff all the time after the game and hands out penalties if it's dirty. Let's see what they say, right?

Hall Of Fame
    Was it vanilla dirty?

Make up your mind, Buff-a-holes....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Completely legal hit........textbook perfect! Just a shame RB planted at that same exact time. Stuff like this happens! It's the NFL for crimmy sakes!

jf