Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope Rex uses this stuff for motivation

Hope Rex uses this stuff for motivation

http://nfl.si.com/2012/09/11/trend-o...2_a0&eref=sihp

Mirage: The Jets’ offense being unstoppable

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice …

The Jets had just about everyone proclaiming their demise after a miserable preseason in which they scored all of 31 points. So, their Week 1 breakthrough — a 48-28 blowout of Buffalo — came as a major surprise. Mark Sanchez threw for 266 yards and three touchdowns and Shonn Greene rushed for 94 yards, while Tim Tebow played only sparingly.

Maybe Sanchez, suddenly and unexpectedly, turned the corner in Week 1 and became the QB the Jets have been hoping would arrive. The better bet is that New York’s offensive line has a tougher time holding up in Week 2 at Pittsburgh and that Sanchez winds up making a couple of mistakes as a result.
    The team should be motivated w/o this, but still it might help to remind them that media still doesn't like this team. I hope that the players never take what the media is selling, they love to kick this team when they are down. They only praise us when they are hoppin on the bandwagon.

All Pro

Why so serious?

I LOVE this theme BTW....

Kudos to McGinley and the others who brainstormed this in the other thread....

Veteran
    Just like the Jets didn't get any respect during the PS it will continue throughout the regular season until proven wrong. The Jets have to beat the better teams or atleast be competitive in there loses to garner respect. First step was accomplished for the offense and team moral by beating the Bills. Step 2 is competing against a good team Sunday and so and so on. Within that is how the Jets react to a bad lose. Like I said before this is a work in progress team, so lets see what there record and play is after 4 games..

No problem, Carlito.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post

Why so serious?

I LOVE this theme BTW....

Kudos to McGinley and the others who brainstormed this in the other thread....
    Got a feeling we will be seeing that clown quite a bit this year

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Got a feeling we will be seeing that clown quite a bit this year
    Clown car swag, ya hearrrrrd?

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    DeVito said this is the best defense the #Jets have had under Rex. Said the Bills comeback will be a motivator.
    Well atleast this will motivate them. I'm glad they just haven't brushed that little come back off.

As for the offense, we'll see what their true colors these next few weeks. The way Sparano has them going though, I have to say, gives me a lot of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Clown car swag, ya hearrrrrd?
    hehehe, that's another project you can work on. Put this one and the Joker pic in a clown car. That would be funny.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Steelers are favored by 6 points this week. Seems kind of odd..

All League
    the oline just held super mario to one tackle and that "great" d line to no sacks, they ain't scared

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I hope that the players never take what the media is selling, they love to kick this team when they are down.
    Lets not forget Rex's big mouth drew attention we didnt need, when he should have been focusing on his decaying lockeroom and bickering Offense.

The media runs with whatever crap we give them, so maybe give them nothing....except the stats associated with convincing wins....and you wont be a target.

Sounds dooshy to be crying about the media now.

Shut up, play ball, win. Rinse repeat.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Steelers are favored by 6 points this week. Seems kind of odd..
    It makes me think that vegas thinks the steelers are going to stomp us. That line is begging you to take the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Lets not forget Rex's big mouth drew attention we didnt need, when he should have been focusing on his decaying lockeroom and bickering Offense.

The media runs with whatever crap we give them, so maybe give them nothing....except the stats associated with convincing wins....and you wont be a target.

-
    you know what else sounds dooshy??

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    It makes me think that vegas thinks the steelers are going to stomp us. That line is begging you to take the Jets.
    Not really. If the line was steelers -3 or 4 most people would be on the Steelers. If the line was 7.5, most people would be on the Jets.

Think of it this way, if the game was played on a neutral field the line would be steelers -3 which is a pretty fair line for these two teams considering HArrison and Clark are returning.

Vegas never overreacts to one game. If the Jets had lost to the bills 17-14, the line in this game would probably be about the same or maybe Pitt-7 (at most).

-
    I suppose, but the thing is he hasn't said anything completely ridiculous this offseason, yet they continue to destroy this team. The media (NY in particular) seems to revel in our failure and then are all singing praises when we start to look good. No benefit of the doubt and there have been some loudmouth/attention-drawing teams that don't seem to draw that kind of ire (Saints- bounty, Ravens, Lions, sometimes Steelers).

All League
    Charter JI Member

I love this.

As of 12:59 on Sunday all you heard about was how the Jets weren't going to be able to handle the dominant Bills defensive line, especially with the additions of Anderson and Williams.

Now all of a sudden instead of giving props to the Jets O-Line.....they are being questioned because the Steelers present a "true test".

Oh well........

Send in the clowns........

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    you know what else sounds dooshy??

Most of your posts?

-

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I suppose, but the thing is he hasn't said anything completely ridiculous this offseason, yet they continue to destroy this team. The media (NY in particular) seems to revel in our failure and then are all singing praises when we start to look good. No benefit of the doubt and there have been some loudmouth/attention-drawing teams that don't seem to draw that kind of ire (Saints- bounty, Ravens, Lions, sometimes Steelers).

Its the nature of the beast here in NY.....

You cant court the press with outrageous attention seeking nonsense, and then cry when the press doesnt conform to your views of yourselves.

Just shut up and win games.

Most of your posts?

-

no.....

most of YOUR posts!! haha!

BOOM. roasted!!

wooo...

Most of your posts?

-

Its the nature of the beast here in NY.....

You cant court the press with outrageous attention seeking nonsense, and then cry when the press doesnt conform to your views of yourselves.

Just shut up and win games.

"Just win games."

I believe that being +.500 implies that one is 'just winning games.' And only five coaches have 'just won games' at a better rate than Rex since he became HC.

The 'circus' and 'clown shows' were brought on by Tebow.

But by all means, continue to place blame on Rex's outward confidence, and detracting from what he's done with his team on the field...all because of the three game skid at the end of last season.

Whether you and Dirt are just enacting some inside hampur humor, or whether he was serious, I'd have to agree with him. There's something....different....about you this season.

edit: I'm all for showing it on the field. Just not sure why you came in here to take a pot shot at Rex for something he didn't do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I don't want any respect or anyone in the media to believe in us. **** 'em.