Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hope Rex uses this stuff for motivation

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    "Just win games."

I believe that being +.500 implies that one is 'just winning games.' And only five coaches have 'just won games' at a better rate than Rex since he became HC.

The 'circus' and 'clown shows' were brought on by Tebow.

But by all means, continue to place blame on Rex's outward confidence, and detracting from what he's done with his team on the field...all because of the three game skid at the end of last season.

Whether you and Dirt are just enacting some inside hampur humor, or whether he was serious, I'd have to agree with him. There's something....different....about you this season.

edit: I'm all for showing it on the field. Just not sure why you came in here to take a pot shot at Rex for something he didn't do.
    We'll agree to disagree then.

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    We'll agree to disagree then.

-
    Fair enough.

I wholeheartedly agree with Buzz, in that I actually love the hate from the media, and am not one of the ones complaining that "we aint get no luv."

I just found it odd that...well...eh tu?

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Fair enough.

I wholeheartedly agree with Buzz, in that I actually love the hate from the media, and am not one of the ones complaining that "we aint get no luv."

I just found it odd that...well...eh tu?
    Yea I actually don't like when they are on our side. Freeloaders, the whole lot of them!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Yea I actually don't like when they are on our side. Freeloaders, the whole lot of them!
    Now that's something we can all agree on.

-

Now that's something we can all agree on.

-

Let's just wait and see what Rex "the clown" has up his now roomy sleeve.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Let's just wait and see what Rex "the clown" has up his now roomy sleeve.

That...is....freakin...awesome!

-

That...is....freakin...awesome!

-
    McGinley's work.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Just like the Jets didn't get any respect during the PS it will continue throughout the regular season until proven wrong. The Jets have to beat the better teams or atleast be competitive in there loses to garner respect. First step was accomplished for the offense and team moral by beating the Bills. Step 2 is competing against a good team Sunday and so and so on. Within that is how the Jets react to a bad lose. Like I said before this is a work in progress team, so lets see what there record and play is after 4 games..
    The irony is that the Bills were sort of media darlings in the OS/PS. They were supposedly the competition for the Pats in the division and Wildcard favorites. Jets, meh, 7-9 if they're lucky. We put a sound whooping on them and the media lowers them to below average with us, rather than considering the Jets may actually be good. Is it Jet hate? Is it media spin? Is it Pre-season performance? Hard to say, but it just seems strange.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    The irony is that the Bills were sort of media darlings in the OS/PS. They were supposedly the competition for the Pats in the division and Wildcard favorites. Jets, meh, 7-9 if they're lucky. We put a sound whooping on them and the media lowers them to below average with us, rather than considering the Jets may actually be good. Is it Jet hate? Is it media spin? Is it Pre-season performance? Hard to say, but it just seems strange.
    Did anyone catch the ESPN pregame predictions for the game? 3 out of the 5 predicted (including the "swami" Chris Berman and Tom Jackson) predicted the Bills would win. Amazingly, Keyshawn Johnson Mr Jet hater himself was 1 of the 2 who actually picked the Jets to win.

I thought the Bills defense looked pretty bad in preseason. No Secondary, LB's are mediocre, if Mario isn't getting to the QB (which he didn't on Sunday) they have nothing.

And on offense, aside from Fitz being mediocre they have no O-line (Cordy Glenn at LT? I thought he was supposed to be a RG?) How the hell did Berman think the Bills would "leapfrog the Jets"?