Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets release Patrick Turner

Turner stinks, what does he have like 4 NFL catches in two years?

Rather have a developmental guy on the roster, Turner's upside is not much higher than a #4 WR

Maybe another corner just to cover our bases with revis.

No big loss. If we have to rely on Turner in the passing game we're in trouble. Hopefully Hill/Kerley/Cumberland can show us Week 1 wasn't a fluke.

Surprised Landolt is still on the 53 man.

Shout out to Ray Ray he called both of these in his other thread about roster changes that might be coming following week 1. Well done sir!

maybe we bring Antonio Allen back to the 53 for Sunday's game?

I shouldnt waste the keystrokes, but I really hope this is for jordan shipley....much more upside then turner.

Glad to see sapp on the PS.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    CMart, has he practiced at all since he was injured?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Agreed...

Someone there must REALLY like his long term potential.

As for Turner being let go, very likely to add a corner.

And I'm pretty sure the main point behind Lankster and Trufant are for their special teams prowess.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Turner stinks, what does he have like 4 NFL catches in two years?

Rather have a developmental guy on the roster, Turner's upside is not much higher than a #4 WR
    Stinks is a little harsh....I think he's the epitome of JAG. But your characterization of his upside is not inaccurate though. I'd stretch to say 3.5. His upside is to be the Black Greg Camarillo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    probably means his injury will take a while to heal.

i don't know if he's still eligible for the Practice Squad if/when he gets healthy.
    I'm thinking this might be the reason. He was active all last year so I don't think he's eligible.

I always liked Turner and thought he could step up and be a contributor. But, can't get too bent out of shape - he's a bottom of the roster type guy.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Odd we didn't simply take advantage of the system and put him on IR until week 7.
    You can only do that once time. Its basically reserved for if a marque player goes down but has a chance of coming back later in the year. like if Cromartie breaks his foot, and is out for 8 weeks, we could stash him on the IR until he's healed without having to carry him on the active roster.

If we use that spot for Turner (who know one is going to pickup) and someone significant goes down we are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    CMart, has he practiced at all since he was injured?
    Not that I've read anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Agreed...

Someone there must REALLY like his long term potential.

As for Turner being let go, very likely to add a corner.

And I'm pretty sure the main point behind Lankster and Trufant are for their special teams prowess.
    Lankster was playing lights out in TC before pulling his quad. Really solidified himself as the #4 CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    You can only do that once time. Its basically reserved for if a marque player goes down but has a chance of coming back later in the year. like if Cromartie breaks his foot, and is out for 8 weeks, we could stash him on the IR until he's healed without having to carry him on the active roster.

If we use that spot for Turner (who know one is going to pickup) and someone significant goes down we are screwed.
    Brilliant, I wasn't aware of that......cheers for bringing it to my attention.

All Pro
    haha... RayRay called this in his other thread....

All League
    The Ravens released RB Bobby Rainey yesterday, and RayRay mentioned him in another thread. Here's a clip of him in a catch and run TD in the preseason.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ouchdown-catch

All League
    I think think our RT and blocking-TE ineptness was a big reason Turner was on this roster. With the additions of Austin Howard, Jason Smith, and Reuland... plus productive WRs, I think Turner became largely expendable.

I think/hope White or Allen get added to the 53

Maybe we are signing TO?? :hide: LOL

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Stinks is a little harsh....I think he's the epitome of JAG. But your characterization of his upside is not inaccurate though. I'd stretch to say 3.5. His upside is to be the Black Greg Camarillo.
    Perfect comparison, was looking for a guy with the same skillset as Turner, tall, slow possession type, couldn't really think of any, at best you are talking about a limited player, not going to lose any sleep on letting Patrick Turner go.

At best hes as you put it like a black Joe Jurivicious (sp?)

Veteran
    Don't we have to pay him in full because he was on the roster week #1?