Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jets release Patrick Turner

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) I hate seeing anyone get fired. It sucks for him and only dooches take joy in the misery of others. Seemed like a decent guy.

2) On prior threads, I got a load of crap for writing that Turner was a JAG who was not going to amount to much. Sadly, I was right.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Jordan White maybe??
    I hope.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    1) I hate seeing anyone get fired. It sucks for him and only dooches take joy in the misery of others. Seemed like a decent guy.

2) On prior threads, I got a load of crap for writing that Turner was a JAG who was not going to amount to much. Sadly, I was right.
    What do you base that on?

He's fired and still making more than 99% of this board, except Sar, he drives a 328 BMW, he's rich.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Oh well. Can we target Schillens a few more times this week, want to see what he can do.

inb4 he'll just get injured running a route!!1!
    Clear it through Santonio first..

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Damn it. Beat me to it.

But it is a distinct possibility.

Seriously, him and Hill on the outside would draw a lot of attention from opposing safeties. [Raider90210] TWO 6'4", 4.3 40 guys! [/Raider90210]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A. There's no reason to have six receivers on our 53 man roster. Not with the way we play football.

B. His release is probably a short term move. They probably released him to sign a CB in case Revis can't go on Sunday.

Still don't get why we need six receivers, but whatever.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    A. There's no reason to have six receivers on our 53 man roster. Not with the way we play football.

B. His release is probably a short term move. They probably released him to sign a CB in case Revis can't go on Sunday.

Still don't get why we need six receivers, but whatever.
    Usually if a team has 6 WRs, one or possibly two of them play on specials.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not real shocking he will end up in SL or Miami. The minute we signed Gates I'm shocked we didn't cut him. He was over paid for a #5 and had very little ST ability. We all knew this team was only keeping 5 WRs. Royce and Riley were injured and White didn't look good. Turner simple won the spot but I don't think he was in their future plans. I still think we will see Royce at some point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Gonna have to trust Lal until we have reason to do otherwise.

Only upsetting if we don't have something BETTER to replace him with. Hopefully we do . . .
    Also need to trust Sparano too...since Gates was on last year's phins team. He should be familiar with the Sparano playbook.

Injuries happen in a long grinding 16 game season...

Gates has 4.28 speed. Gives the Jets some possible depth in a few positions. Filling in for McKnight or Kerley as a KR/PR. And if Kerley gets injured...can possibly be used in the slot. He would be a tough match up for a nickle back or safety to cover.

Last year...the Jets didn't have a deep threat at WR...cause Burress couldn't do the job. And it had a negative rippling effect on the entire offense. With the defenses easily deciding to crowd the box most of the time.

So having Hill, Schilens and Gates...capable of running various deep routes, should take care of that problem this year. Allowing the Jets to maintain a better balanced offense.

Hill is an impressive talent. But he will have his ups and downs I'm sure. Schilens is familiar with the NFL route tree. But a player that has been half the time injured. And Gates is hopefully and insurance policy...that the jets won't have to rely on very much.