Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat will go 16-0, again?

I watched the Pats game last weekend, as the Jets game was on my laptop (local coverage was Pats).

Their run offense was much improved. Ridley ran hard. I have to give credit.

BUT, their pass protection broke down A LOT. Unlike previous years.

The defense was aggressive. It looked a lot better.

Brady got his ass kicked, but when he had time, he was like normal Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Nah.

16-0 is a once in a lifetime (or two) proposition. That's why it was such a huge slap in the face to Colts fans when they sat Manning and most of the starters in "09.

Against the Titans, Brady averaged 2.5 seconds to get rid of the ball. A pass rush has to be VERY quick to beat that speedy release. Plus, the OL is not the hot garbage as its made out to be here. Your O-line only has ONE game of experience with Howard, a guy who's team wanted to get rid of so badly they traded him for The Turnstile. I wouldn't proclaim it All World after one decent showing, although there is certainly reason for optimism after last Sunday.
    While I remain cautiously optimistic about Howard, let's not act like he wasn't going up against a pro-bowl DE and shut him down. Come on, be fair.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    when he had time, he was like normal Brady.

You mean..... like he enjoyed having his ass touched?

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    You mean..... like he enjoyed having his ass touched?

-
    I'm so turned on right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Nah.

16-0 is a once in a lifetime (or two) proposition. That's why it was such a huge slap in the face to Colts fans when they sat Manning and most of the starters in "09.

Against the Titans, Brady averaged 2.5 seconds to get rid of the ball. A pass rush has to be VERY quick to beat that speedy release. Plus, the OL is not the hot garbage as its made out to be here. Your O-line only has ONE game of experience with Howard, a guy who's team wanted to get rid of so badly they traded him for The Turnstile. I wouldn't proclaim it All World after one decent showing, although there is certainly reason for optimism after last Sunday.
    Our OL is light years better than the NE OL. Howard wasn't traced for, he's been here since the early part of last year. Your nonsense theory goes out the window on two fronts.

Decent showing? He completely shut down one of the best defensive players in the NFL.

Just kills you to say good job, on any level doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Our OL is light years better than the NE OL. Howard wasn't traced for, he's been here since the early part of last year. Your nonsense theory goes out the window on two fronts.

Decent showing? He completely shut down one of the best defensive players in the NFL.

Just kills you to say good job, on any level doesn't it.
    lol, he confused Howard for Smith. He clearly doesn't do his research.

Hall Of Fame
    Nah.

We traded Hunter for Smith. Howard was already on the roster.

If you gonna hate on the best RT in the league, get yo facts straight.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Their OL is atrocious.
    Brady was hit exactly once last week for a sack and the Pats rushed for 162 yards.

Yep, that OLine is atrocious.
    Last edited by PatsFanTX; 09-12-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I watched the Pats game last weekend, as the Jets game was on my laptop (local coverage was Pats).

Their run offense was much improved. Ridley ran hard. I have to give credit.

BUT, their pass protection broke down A LOT. Unlike previous years.

The defense was aggressive. It looked a lot better.

Brady got his ass kicked, but when he had time, he was like normal Brady.
    It is going to take some time probably 1/2 the season for the oline to gel and get used to playing together.

But Ridley will have better luck than Green Ellis in keeping the defense honest.

Solder had a couple of whiffs and being 6-8 he is going to have a hard time with the Harrisons, Dumerivil, 6-1 types of DE based on what Whimbley did. But that was his first game at LT also.

Brady got his ass kicked? He was hit 4 times the whole game. and only sacked once. They also did not throw a lot of 3 steps the whole game and threw more 10yd plus passes than they had in the past. I think Welker was only targeted 5 times and some of those were 15yd plus plays.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Brady was hit exactly once last week for a sack and the Pats rushed for 162 yards.

Yep, that OLine is atrocious.
    The thing is, while Jet fans need to temper their expectations since it was "just the Bills", it isnt like the Titans defense scares anyone. Wimbley is a goood pass rusher, and akeem ayers showed promise last year, but who else in their front 7 is considered near the top at their position? Same with the secondary...they lost finnegan, and while mcourty and griffin are good, they arent very strong vs the run.

At the end of the day, the pats are gonna win 12 games minimum probably 13-14 baring an injury to brady. However that doesnt mean that we dont stack up well against them.

Their defense appears vastly improved, but IMO their line is far from as strong as it has been in years past and the only way brady has ever been beaten is when he can be pressured by 4 guys (or in the case of our playoff win 3 guys, when Ellis had the game of his life).

Fortunately we might have the talent to do that this year...will have to wait and see.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The thing is, while Jet fans need to temper their expectations since it was "just the Bills", it isnt like the Titans defense scares anyone. Wimbley is a goood pass rusher, and akeem ayers showed promise last year, but who else in their front 7 is considered near the top at their position? Same with the secondary...they lost finnegan, and while mcourty and griffin are good, they arent very strong vs the run.

At the end of the day, the pats are gonna win 12 games minimum probably 13-14 baring an injury to brady. However that doesnt mean that we dont stack up well against them.

Their defense appears vastly improved, but IMO their line is far from as strong as it has been in years past and the only way brady has ever been beaten is when he can be pressured by 4 guys (or in the case of our playoff win 3 guys, when Ellis had the game of his life).

Fortunately we might have the talent to do that this year...will have to wait and see.
    As long as Brady delivers the ball as quickly as he did Sunday, the OLine will not be an issue.

I think we will bring Landry down into the box to cover the quick slants .... Or more likely make them pay after the catch.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I think we will bring Landry down into the box to cover the quick slants .... Or more likely make them pay after the catch.
    Then who will cover Gronk, Hernandez and Welker in the open seam in the middle of the field?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The whole premise of this thread basically kisses the Pats* arse. Yet you have to be a doosh.

For no reason at all other than I can, take a hike.

Oh oh, 32 had a bad day.

Then who will cover Gronk, Hernandez and Welker in the open seam in the middle of the field?
    Some combination of the players that did in with success in the Jets playoff win. Unless you are coming out of the gate saying the Pats offense cannot be stopped.

This thread is honestly ridiculous, no one knows what will happen when we play, especially after 1 game.

All League
    Who covered them on Jan 16th, 2011?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Who covered them on Jan 16th, 2011?
    Please, that fluke playoff game was 2 years ago.

What about the most 2 recent games last year where the Pats averaged 34 points on that supposedly "elite" defense?

All League

What about the most 2 recent games last year where the Pats averaged 34 points on that supposedly "elite" defense?
    flukes.

All Pro
    Oh oh, 32 had a bad day.
    WTF is oh oh?

Well the ravens did a good job last year keeping all Gronk, welker and hernandez out of the endzone during your "back into the SB win".

Also, just so ya know, welker did virtually nothing the entire playoffs last year and basically put up a goose egg in week 1 this year. That covers his last 4 games, all of which had less then 60 yards and 1 meaningless TD vs denver.

I have no problem letting him get his 8 for 60 yards and doubling gronk and hernandez.