Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat will go 16-0, again?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    flukes.
    Up until that game, the Jets were 0-3 all-time against the Pats in the playoffs.

The Jets have not finished with more wins then the Pats in the AFCE in over a decade.

The last time the Jets swept the Pats is over a decade.

A fluke game?

You bet it was.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Please, that fluke playoff game was 2 years ago.

What about the most 2 recent games last year where the Pats averaged 34 points on that supposedly "elite" defense?
    You guys at the very top of the highest mountain and the Jets, the lowest of the low, bottom feeding somewhere in the Marianas trench. I love it

Please don't play the cowardly lion and disappear (or conveniently manufacture a banning) like the rest of your ilk if we manage to beat you guys in week 7.

All League
    Up until that game, the Jets were 0-3 all-time against the Pats in the playoffs.

The Jets have not finished with more wins then the Pats in the AFCE in over a decade.

The last time the Jets swept the Pats is over a decade.

A fluke game?

You bet it was.
    Chill out, bro. I don't need a history lesson. Besides, I'm more concerned with the present...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post

Please don't play the cowardly lion and disappear (or conveniently manufacture a banning) like the rest of your ilk if we manage to beat you guys in week 7.
    You just exposed my strategy.

Seriously, win or lose, I'll be here.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Mark my words, the Broncos will have the best record in the AFC this year (and will beat the Pats).

The Jets scored 48 points after showing no offense all preseason and you're worrying about the Patriots going undefeated after one week? Stop being so negative and focus on the JETS.

And, DUMP THIS THREAD before PatsFanTx gets in here.
    I predicted Broncos and Redskins in the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I watched the Pats game last weekend, as the Jets game was on my laptop (local coverage was Pats).

Their run offense was much improved. Ridley ran hard. I have to give credit.

BUT, their pass protection broke down A LOT. Unlike previous years.

The defense was aggressive. It looked a lot better.

Brady got his ass kicked, but when he had time, he was like normal Brady.
    Good post and agree with your assessment. They have great interior and linebackers; however, I think they are lacking on the secondary like they did last year.

Hall Of Fame
    You just exposed my strategy.

Seriously, win or lose, I'll be here.
    As much as week-1 is only week-1, I think the result of the Jets/Bills game has to have people seriously reevaluating the pigeon holes where they had placed the Bills and possibly even the Jets too before the season began. I honestly don't think anyone (including Jets fans) has any real idea what this team can be this year. And once again, coming off week-1 this Jets fan cannot help but like that.

They will have at least two losses at the hands of the Jets

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    I predicted Broncos and Redskins in the Super Bowl.
    Skins? That's a bold statement considering the strength of the division and conference. I wouldn't be surprised to see Washington finish last in NFCE.

It could happen. And if it does, you're the man. But I just don't see it.

I totally agree about the Broncos. They can be scary good. Might be the best supporting cast Manning ever had. Best defense he's had for sure, and their D with Elvis and Miller are going to crush QBs this year. The Pats will have lots of trouble with that team.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    As much as week-1 is only week-1, I think the result of the Jets/Bills game has to have people seriously reevaluating the pigeon holes where they had placed the Bills and possibly even the Jets too before the season began. I honestly don't think anyone (including Jets fans) has any real idea what this team can be this year. And once again, coming off week-1 this Jets fan cannot help but like that.
    Sunday afternoon will be a real good test for the Jets.

Let's see how they respond after a big win against the Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Well the ravens did a good job last year keeping all Gronk, welker and hernandez out of the endzone during your "back into the SB win".

Also, just so ya know, welker did virtually nothing the entire playoffs last year and basically put up a goose egg in week 1 this year. That covers his last 4 games, all of which had less then 60 yards and 1 meaningless TD vs denver.

I have no problem letting him get his 8 for 60 yards and doubling gronk and hernandez.
    Well Gronk did get hurt early in the 3rd quarter in that game and he had almost 90 yds at the time.

Then who is going to cover Lloyd? Welker is now the 4th option in the offense.

Don't look at last year offense and expect the same this year, the addition of Ridley, Lloyd and McDaniels will change the focus quite a bit. Thepats will not fight this years battles with last years weapons and plans.

And how does a winning team back into the SB?
    Last edited by patman; 09-12-2012 at 09:44 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    When the opponent clearly DROPS the game winning TD? The Pats won the playoff games and they did beat the Ravens, but they wouldn't have won that game if Evans makes a simple, routine catch.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Well Gronk did get hurt early in the 3rd quarter in that game and he had almost 90 yds at the time.

Then who is going to cover Lloyd? Welker is now the 4th option in the offense.

Don't look at last year offense and expect the same this year, the addition of Ridley, Lloyd and McDaniels will change the focus quite a bit. Thepats will not fight this years battles with last years weapons and plans.

Off the top of my head.....4 lineman 2 LBs, 5 Dbs

Cro on Hernandez
    Revis on Lloyd
    landry on Gronk
    wilson on welker

Safety and LB helping on hernandez or Gronk, 4 man rush, and Harris in the middle.

Can even play a guy like eric smith in this game as a 6th DB and underneath coverage for a TE with Bell and Landry on the line.

I truly believe this is exactly what Rex meant when he said we will be playing soem 46 defense this year.

4 lineman (preferably, wilk and coples at DE, pouha and ellis at DT)

And some combo of harris, landry, bell, and BT or pace playing near the line with a deep safety and cro and revis playing man coverage.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    When the opponent clearly DROPS the game winning TD? The Pats won the playoff games and they did beat the Ravens, but they wouldn't have won that game if Evans makes a simple, routine catch.
    Did you bother watching the game?

A simple, routine catch is when you are standing wide open in the end zone.

Sterling Moore made a great defensive play knocking the ball out of Evans hands.

Sterling Moore made a great defensive play knocking the ball out of Evans hands.
    LOL... Blatant drop. All he had to do was tuck the ball away, or fall down. Horrible play by Evans. Moore did nothing but get beat and then desperately swipe at the ball late.

The Pats will not go 16-0. Right now I think the Niners and Ravens are better than them on a neutral field and the Texans are at least neck and neck. We know them well and I think we go back to getting a split with them this season. I think they lose 3-4 games.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    LOL... Blatant drop. All he had to do was tuck the ball away, or fall down. Horrible play by Evans. Moore did nothing but get beat and then desperately swipe at the ball late.
    And knocked the ball out of Evans hands.

Isn't that what DB's get paid to do?

Yes it was good defense, but should have been a catch no doubt.

Guess the fact that the pats goosed the score board, leading to a missed chip shot FG to send it to OT, doesnt count as part of the "backing in".

All League
    Since the first Superbowl the Pats MOST years win no more than 11 games. Look it up. So please stop with these threads. 11-5 at best

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Since the first Superbowl the Pats MOST years win no more than 11 games. Look it up. So please stop with these threads. 11-5 at best
    What?

The last 9 years:

Four 14+ win seasons
    Five 13+ win seasons (more than half)
    Six 12+ win seasons

That's 6/9 years with more than 11 wins. Of the three years they didn't win 12, they didn't have Brady for one year, and another was his first year back after blowing out his knee. The last two years they've won 13 and 14 games.

The Patriots are winning 14 games this year, people. Deal with it.
    Last edited by JB1089; 09-12-2012 at 11:01 AM.