Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Foreign Relations

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    The last time a US Ambassador was killed, Jimmy Carter was in the WH...

Now it's happened again under a second Carter term...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody wants Obama out of the White House more than me but Mitt Romney is becoming a real dick-head lately.

I hate the way he walks, I hate the constant smirk on his face.

We hit the $16 trillion debt mark last week. Mitt - just focus on the debt/jobs/economy, please. And calm the F down you arrogant jerk!

Romney better have some good dirt on Obama next month or he can just kiss this election goodbye!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    **** them all! Cut off all their ****ing aid. Let their miserable POS country burn. This ambassador worked his ass off for Libya and he paid the ultimate price, as a consequence of his gracious magnanimity. And the US embassy in Cairo (apparently NOT speaking on behalf of the continental US, which I find incredible) dishonors this dead man by saying, "well gee wiz, we really should t hurt the feelings of Muslims." It almost reads like a political satire.
    I don't think you really understand what happened if this is really what you got out of the situation. The statement by the Egyptian embassy happened well before the attack on the Libyan ambassador.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    Nobody wants Obama out of the White House more than me but Mitt Romney is becoming a real dick-head lately.

I hate the way he walks, I hate the constant smirk on his face.

We hit the $16 trillion debt mark last week. Mitt - just focus on the debt/jobs/economy, please. And calm the F down you arrogant jerk!

Romney better have some good dirt on Obama next month or he can just kiss this election goodbye!

I think we really have to wait for the debates.

Some people are really jumping on him, from both sides, about his quick criticism last night, I don't know if that will stick from now til election day.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    It sounds like you really drank the Romney Kool-Aid before all the facts were in. Normally you're pretty shrewd but to claim a statement made by the embassy before the attack is somehow an Obama apology after the attack is a bit of a stretch.

More than a bit of a stretch i would say.....Not to mention he was so concerned about making political points he jumped into the situation before realizing Stevens and 3 others were murdered.....The only dishonoring of their deaths was done by Romney......

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    Some people are really jumping on him, from both sides, about his quick criticism last night, I don't know if that will stick from now til election day.
    Well, since my post I learned that Obama hasn't had a daily intelligence briefing in almost a week so what happened in Libya caught him by total surprise, he condemned Mitt Romney before he condemned the terrorists who killed four Americans, and he's sending US war ships to Libya only to prove how tough he is.

All of which is a lot worse than anything that Romney said or did. Especially not having daily intelligence briefings.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Looks as though you guys missed that there are now Marines deployed in Australia to respond to China.....

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8F3DU920120404

President Obama is light years ahead of Bush when it comes to foreign relations and Romney is not even close to Bush

Marines in Australia? To respond to China? Did you ever take geography? Look at a map. That's pretty far unless we expect China to be invading Guadalcanal soon.
    Marines? China? Marines are light forces. No match in that situation versus China. And why not the Phillipines which are A). Close to China and B). have Moslem insurgents.
    Obama is STUPID.
    People at least respected Bush. Hated him but respected and feared. Plus he had a REAL staff. Obama/ he's laughed at.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    More than a bit of a stretch i would say.....Not to mention he was so concerned about making political points he jumped into the situation before realizing Stevens and 3 others were murdered.....The only dishonoring of their deaths was done by Romney......

How was it dishonoring. The administration was apologizing for insulting Moslems.
    That's the classic It's teh rape victims fault.

And an update. Out yemen Embassy has been attacked and invaded.
    Why? because THEY CAN. Obama - a do nothing.

If a presiedent apologizes he should be called on it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Marines in Australia? To respond to China? Did you ever take geography? Look at a map. That's pretty far unless we expect China to be invading Guadalcanal soon.
    Marines? China? Marines are light forces. No match in that situation versus China. And why not the Phillipines which are A). Close to China and B). have Moslem insurgents.
    Obama is STUPID.
    People at least respected Bush. Hated him but respected and feared. Plus he had a REAL staff. Obama/ he's laughed at.
    Thats funny.
    You really have no clue.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How was it dishonoring. The administration was apologizing for insulting Moslems.
    That's the classic It's teh rape victims fault.

And an update. Out yemen Embassy has been attacked and invaded.
    Why? because THEY CAN. Obama - a do nothing.

If a presiedent apologizes he should be called on it.
    So armchair President/General... what would you do to stop the attacks? Before you respond, take a moment to think about immediate and long term ramifications of your actions. How many US lives are you willing to sacrifice? How much $$$$ willing to spend? What will the long term effects of your plan be. And please dont say something stupid like nuke em or wipe em all out. Remember we are dealing with grown up problems, so i expect a grown up answer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Thats funny.
    You really have no clue.

And YOU work as a civil servant. Smarter at any age than you will ever be. I can't cut flesh perhaps but I know how to manage, lead and make money. YOU on the other hand are the typical public sector leech.. You are the RED INK part of the equation.
    Try to exist on your own. Doubtful.

You in fact and neither funny nor a joke. You are a tragic result in our society. Hey, I have it Mr. Lib. Volunteer for the Peace Corps and spread the word - let's say in Afghanistan or Somalia. Your lib thoughts will be well received I'm sure.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So armchair President/General... what would you do to stop the attacks? Before you respond, take a moment to think about immediate and long term ramifications of your actions. How many US lives are you willing to sacrifice? How much $$$$ willing to spend? What will the long term effects of your plan be. And please dont say something stupid like nuke em or wipe em all out. Remember we are dealing with grown up problems, so i expect a grown up answer.

Was neither a president nor a general. I, unlike Obama, do not pretend to be something I am not.
    At this point, damage has been done. It takes awhile to restore credibility. Reagan did it after Carter. But it took a bit. The Moslems still tried nonsense under Reagan. He retaliated harshly on more than one occasion. Ultimately we got the point across. The people understand and respect only violence. Playing pitty pat is viewed as weakness.
    I do not beleive in ground conflicts in that situation. We have substantial air and naval assets to create havoc. Create economic strife. Nuke? You really are a uninformed leech.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Looks as though you guys missed that there are now Marines deployed in Australia to respond to China.....

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8F3DU920120404

President Obama is light years ahead of Bush when it comes to foreign relations and Romney is not even close to Bush

oh wait - you're serious?!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And YOU work as a civil servant. Smarter at any age than you will ever be. I can't cut flesh perhaps but I know how to manage, lead and make money. YOU on the other hand are the typical public sector leech.. You are the RED INK part of the equation.
    Try to exist on your own. Doubtful.

You in fact and neither funny nor a joke. You are a tragic result in our society. Hey, I have it Mr. Lib. Volunteer for the Peace Corps and spread the word - let's say in Afghanistan or Somalia. Your lib thoughts will be well received I'm sure.
    I was in private practice for nearly a decade. I chose to work at the VA for personal reasons. I know how to make money and have and its not through practicing medicine. You my friend are a typical loudmouth know nothing who bashes things you have a childlike knowledge about. You are a cartoon character. Archie Bunker in real life.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was neither a president nor a general. I, unlike Obama, do not pretend to be something I am not.
    At this point, damage has been done. It takes awhile to restore credibility. Reagan did it after Carter. But it took a bit. The Moslems still tried nonsense under Reagan. He retaliated harshly on more than one occasion. Ultimately we got the point across. The people understand and respect only violence. Playing pitty pat is viewed as weakness.
    I do not beleive in ground conflicts in that situation. We have substantial air and naval assets to create havoc. Create economic strife. Nuke? You really are a uninformed leech.
    And then Reagan supplied Iraq, Iran and the Taliban with arms including chemical arsenal that we criticized Saddam for having. You conveniently left all that out

If we had gotten the point across back then we would not have the problems we are faced with today.

Children like you never think about the future consequences. You act without thinking. It might me more macho, but it results in unnecessary hardships down the line. You praise Reagan about the way he handled the ME?? Thats funny b/c when it come to the ME Reagan was an absolute failure.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just my opinion, Romney looks like a complete fool in this situation. His reaction, along with the neocons throwing a tantrum, are a perfect illustration of the dangerous implications their power would have on our foreign relations.

In all honesty, it reminds me of the shenanigans they threw last year by playing chicken with the country's debt ceiling and credit rating.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    He was referring to Egypt which happened before Lybia right! Obama dishonors this country every time he goes on his apology tours!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was in private practice for nearly a decade. I chose to work at the VA for personal reasons. I know how to make money and have and its not through practicing medicine. You my friend are a typical loudmouth know nothing who bashes things you have a childlike knowledge about. You are a cartoon character. Archie Bunker in real life.

Private to VA?
    You either failed or got sued out out of practice. Or just got lazy.
    Using a modified phrase - "You are one of the few people climbing DOWN the ladder of success."
    Glad I dont use the VA. I like living.
    I ddon't care if I know about medicine. I go to QUALIFIED and successful doctors.
    Call names. YOU are the loser.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    And then Reagan supplied Iraq, Iran and the Taliban with arms including chemical arsenal that we criticized Saddam for having. You conveniently left all that out

Karl Kobe, a German company sold Saddam the ingredients for his first chemical weapons. Five other German firms also sold him supplies to make germ and biological weapons...

Britain paid for the Iraqi chlorine plant where mustard gas was manufactured.

Brazil provided around 100 tons of mustard gas in the early 80's before the British funded plant was up and running.

Singapore and India provided the ingredients for VX nerve agent and Tabun.

Egypt and Spain both provided the majority of Iraq's munitions that were designed to carry and disperse the chemical weapons..

Stick to looking down people's throats and telling them to say aaahhh...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

If we had gotten the point across back then we would not have the problems we are faced with today.

Children like you never think about the future consequences. You act without thinking. It might me more macho, but it results in unnecessary hardships down the line. You praise Reagan about the way he handled the ME?? Thats funny b/c when it come to the ME Reagan was an absolute failure.

And of course Russia, China and Germany provided nothing? You sure know your stuff. And we gave the Taliban chems? Really? Keep on BSing. Maybe a doctor at the VA will buy it. LOL.
    I am a child? Really?
    I have actauuly done things in MY life. Not been a sponge. Been responsible in my community. And not by being a condom distributor like you.
    Reagan a failure? I would expect a si$$y like yourself to say that.

You would be one of those who would surrender in a moment. And na an earler time convert in a second to Islam to save your worthless a$$.