Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: postgame trooper problems

  1. #1
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like

    postgame trooper problems

    We went back to lot J about halfway through 4th, ready to resume tailgating when a state trooper drove up and told us they were clearing the lot at 5. Rather than run the risk of wasting food etc we left. In ten years this was a first. Did anyone else have a similar occurance?
    Also, know someone in LOT 26 with the same story , a trooper asking thme to ' WRAP IT UP ' after the game . WHAT GIVES ?

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obama and his cronies.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vjdbbq View Post
    We went back to lot J about halfway through 4th, ready to resume tailgating when a state trooper drove up and told us they were clearing the lot at 5. Rather than run the risk of wasting food etc we left. In ten years this was a first. Did anyone else have a similar occurance?
    Also, know someone in LOT 26 with the same story , a trooper asking thme to ' WRAP IT UP ' after the game . WHAT GIVES ?
    You don't have a PSL

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you buy your post game tailgate permit pass??

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    1,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Did you buy your post game tailgate permit pass??

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    735
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Did you buy your post game tailgate permit pass??
    what part of game over go home did you miss?

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pigs.

    Got nothing else to do except drive around be a**holes...

    Par for the donut course...


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Pigs.

    Got nothing else to do except drive around be a**holes...

    Par for the donut course...


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    +1

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vjdbbq View Post
    We went back to lot J about halfway through 4th, ready to resume tailgating when a state trooper drove up and told us they were clearing the lot at 5. Rather than run the risk of wasting food etc we left. In ten years this was a first. Did anyone else have a similar occurance?
    Also, know someone in LOT 26 with the same story , a trooper asking thme to ' WRAP IT UP ' after the game . WHAT GIVES ?
    Reading the Meadowlands website, the section about parking, it says the lots will close TWO hours after the conclusion of the game.

    Parking Lot Hours of Operation
    •The parking lots will typically open five (5) hours prior to the start of the game and will close two (2) hours after the conclusion of the game. Ticket holders arriving earlier than five (5) hours prior to the scheduled kick-off time will not be permitted to enter the Sports Complex and may be directed to leave the roadways that service the Sports Complex.
    •The toll plazas will be staffed from 5 hours prior to kick-off until the end of the game.

    I think they were just trying to get you to wrap it up early so they could go home before the second game ended on TV.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,335
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vjdbbq View Post
    We went back to lot J about halfway through 4th, ready to resume tailgating when a state trooper drove up and told us they were clearing the lot at 5. Rather than run the risk of wasting food etc we left. In ten years this was a first. Did anyone else have a similar occurance?
    Also, know someone in LOT 26 with the same story , a trooper asking thme to ' WRAP IT UP ' after the game . WHAT GIVES ?
    i bet if it was a giants home game, the troopers wouldnt care. just the cops harrasing jets fans, which they have been known to do for years.

  11. #11
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Section 229
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had no problem. We were in Lot J and waited for the game to end, and sparked the grill again. No officers came over to say anything to us.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Pigs.

    Got nothing else to do except drive around be a**holes...

    Par for the donut course...


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    Good reasoning. You must have tried to become a cop and got denied. I hope next time you need a cop he doesn't help you. Everyone hates cops till they need one.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    i bet if it was a giants home game, the troopers wouldnt care. just the cops harrasing jets fans, which they have been known to do for years.
    This can't be further from true. Granted I've only been going to jets games for 10 years now, I can't say I've seen this to be true. Not once have I been discriminated against because I'm a jets fan.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,726
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vjdbbq View Post
    We went back to lot J about halfway through 4th, ready to resume tailgating when a state trooper drove up and told us they were clearing the lot at 5. Rather than run the risk of wasting food etc we left. In ten years this was a first. Did anyone else have a similar occurance?
    Also, know someone in LOT 26 with the same story , a trooper asking thme to ' WRAP IT UP ' after the game . WHAT GIVES ?
    He was probably just misinformed.

  14. #14
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hofstra Jet View Post
    We had no problem. We were in Lot J and waited for the game to end, and sparked the grill again. No officers came over to say anything to us.
    Perhaps the Officers referenced were tasked with moving along visibly intoxicated eejits before they could set up drunken tailgate#2 of the day which, if it were allowed to occur, would result in unsafe drivers on the road and prohibitive OT costs as hundreds of employees stood by waiting for the longest day ever... to end.





    -

  15. #15
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rgoltsch View Post
    Reading the Meadowlands website, the section about parking, it says the lots will close TWO hours after the conclusion of the game.

    Parking Lot Hours of Operation
    •The parking lots will typically open five (5) hours prior to the start of the game and will close two (2) hours after the conclusion of the game. Ticket holders arriving earlier than five (5) hours prior to the scheduled kick-off time will not be permitted to enter the Sports Complex and may be directed to leave the roadways that service the Sports Complex.
    •The toll plazas will be staffed from 5 hours prior to kick-off until the end of the game.

    I think they were just trying to get you to wrap it up early so they could go home before the second game ended on TV.
    Thanks for the leg work on this . This new building is bad enough . If they start busting chops on tailgating , it might be time to say SAYONARA and hit the couch for games .

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Good reasoning. You must have tried to become a cop and got denied. I hope next time you need a cop he doesn't help you. Everyone hates cops till they need one.
    Become a cop??

    LMAO!!

    I don't take it in the butt....so no.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In The Cone of Doom
    Posts
    6,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Obama and his cronies.
    "It's Bush's fault!"

    Barack Obama

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In The Cone of Doom
    Posts
    6,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Perhaps the Officers referenced were tasked with moving along visibly intoxicated eejits before they could set up drunken tailgate#2 of the day which, if it were allowed to occur, would result in unsafe drivers on the road and prohibitive OT costs as hundreds of employees stood by waiting for the longest day ever... to end.





    -
    Way harder and less financially rewarding than detail work, ehy?

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,352
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Pigs.

    Got nothing else to do except drive around be a**holes...

    Par for the donut course...


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Become a cop??

    LMAO!!

    I don't take it in the butt....so no.
    Such vitriol. Are you posting this from the prison library?

    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Good reasoning. You must have tried to become a cop and got denied. I hope next time you need a cop he doesn't help you. Everyone hates cops till they need one.
    Actually, there are two types of people who hate cops: those who have run afoul of the law, and those who can't do it but tried.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Such vitriol. Are you posting this from the prison library?

    Actually, there are two types of people who hate cops: those who have run afoul of the law, and those who can't do it but tried.
    This.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us