Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: " Jets haven't proved anything yet....Is Gang Green for real ? " ? ?

Hall Of Fame

Question " Jets haven't proved anything yet....Is Gang Green for real ? " ? ?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Jets are still mediocre until they show us otherwise. They're still a team devoid of a franchise quarterback until further notice. There's still the potential of a quarterback controversy as long as zealots are out there clamoring for Tim Tebow and his humility-on-Broadway persona.
    Translation: Because I said so. No reason, no proof, but they suck, no matter what the scores say, I'll keep saying it until they lose then I'll scream SEE, TOLD YOU!

Hall Of Fame

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    LMAO!!!

Against that "same bad team" all the media including A.Smith picked to come in second in the AFC East and to win week 1 against the jets. Classic.

I've met SAS.

Have nothing to say about him.

laughing so hard at 3:30.... i love how when the women sitting there tries to say one thing during the whole segment SAS who i would love to shut up continues to say the same thing over and over and over again

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I've met SAS.

you too !

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Hahah, nice.

Funny thing is that "franchise QBs" don't get identified til after they win a SB or take their teams to the playoffs for 5 or 6 straight years. Just ask Eli Last year alone he went from being a goat that many people wanted to run out of town, to an "elite QB" in the NFL.

All League
    its true the jets still have more to prove (like whether they are a serious playoff contender), but they did prove they aren't going to have the worst offense in the league, as some predicted. they also proved they are much better than the bills, even though most predicted the bills were as good or slighty better than the jets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    but they did prove they aren't going to have the worst offense in the league.
    How did they prove that in one friggn' game?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    because they moved the ball with relative ease all day against a decent defense.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    One might believe that the worst offense in the league couldn't hang 34 pts on ANY team in the NFL, without even getting into how easy it was to do it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    One might believe that the worst offense in the league couldn't hang 34 pts on ANY team in the NFL, without even getting into how easy it was to do it.
    exactly. i didn't say they proved to be a decent offense (they could still be bad). just not the worst. there were people talking about how the jets might rival some of the worst offenses of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    exactly. i didn't say they proved to be a decent offense (they could still be bad). just not the worst. there were people talking about how the jets might rival some of the worst offenses of all time.
    Yep yep.

Historically big production on offense in week one of a season, has been a good predictor of having a top 10 offense in the NFL for the season.

It's been a fairly rare occurrence, where a team has dropped 30-40+ points week one, and then been a dud the remainder of the season...could it happen? sure.....but it would be statistically anomalous.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I've met SAS.

My father worked with Howard Cosell at WABC; based on all the things my pops told me, I'd bet the stories are similar.