Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here comes the media again

Here comes the media again

Now that the first week of the NFL is history there seem to be two camps when talking about the Jets. One says the Jets are for real and are a team to be reckoned with the other says that the Jets beat a very bad team.

Looking back at the history of this team you can see a lot of instances where they beat a team and then lost a game they should have won the next week. Rex needs only to hold up the cover of the Post last week that shows the Jets as clowns to motivate this team. If the Jets win they will sending a message to the league that they are for real and are going to be a team to be reckoned with. If they loose a lot of media people are going to come out and say "I told you so".

Winning has to be learned and the one of the first steps to building a great team is to consistently perform at a high level week after week. The Steelers are going to us the slant to Wallace to bring the corners in and they are going to test the Jets run defense as Buffalo has some great break away running.

Does anyone know what to expect from the Jets on Sunday ? No. But it will go a long way to show a lot of people just how good this team CAN be.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You still think shotty was thrown under the bus?

Ljr

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The media thats whining about the Jets having proved nothing is the same group that thought the Jets would lose last week. Instead of saying they underestimated the Jets they're saying they overestimated the Bills.

This was its not their fault, its the Bills fault.

Veteran
    Jets will not get respect until they prove they can compete with the better teams and beat the bad teams. Nothing more to it..

Jets Insider VIP
    I can't stand the way the media sways back and forth. You play like crap and you're a bum. The next week you win and you're redeemed.

I don't think we're as good as we looked last week on offense.

It's a marathon, not a 100 yard dash.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    The media thats whining about the Jets having proved nothing is the same group that thought the Jets would lose last week. Instead of saying they underestimated the Jets they're saying they overestimated the Bills.

This was its not their fault, its the Bills fault.
    This is exactly what's happening. Great post.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Now that the first week of the NFL is history there seem to be two camps when talking about the Jets. One says the Jets are for real and are a team to be reckoned with the other says that the Jets beat a very bad team.
    After week 1, there is no way to determine either.

And who cares what the media thinks.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I can't stand the way the media sways back and forth. You play like crap and you're a bum. The next week you win and you're redeemed.

I don't think we're as good as we looked last week on offense.

It's a marathon, not a 100 yard dash.
    Thats the media now in this day and age. They want to declare a champion in week one. They have hours upon hours of air time to fill, so they have to come up with stuff to talk about.

The media has wanted a Qb controversy with the Jets since the second Tebow was traded for. They ignored the strong comments from Rex and Tanny saying he is the back up from day one. The media wants their boy, they want to lead every highlight show with a Tebow play, so in order to perpetuate the story they need to keep preaching the Jets are in chaos, and a circus so they think they have some basis to keep banging the Tebow drum. Sanchez had a great game in game one, and what does Tim Hasselback say on ESPN? He still thinks Tebow will be starting by week 6...LOL. Watch what happens if Sanchez has a bad game this week in Pittsburgh, it will be 24/7 QB controversy, the team is in chaos and the circus is back in town.

Sports were a lot more fun before 24/7 media coverage. Back in the day, you could just root for your team, and not be constantly bombarded with "analysis" and opinions from the so-called experts. I kind of feel sorry for kids growing up today, they will never have the same innocent appreciation for sports as we did growing up. They can't turn on the television, radio, or get on line without being constantly told that - despite their impressive win last weekend - their favorite team still sucks, because some talking head with a microphone says so.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Great point.

Keep in mind, the same goes for the Pats defense. After 1 game, the media is claiming the Pats defense is going to be incredible this year. how do we know it's not because they played a lousy titans team?

you see your boy Heath Evans ranting about the Jets on NFLN yesterday?

he certainly was NOT impressed, lol

All League
    Charter JI Member

Who cares what the media thinks.

But it's certainly ironic that when the Jets supposed weak offense puts up big numbers against a Buffalo defense that was supposed to be much improved and even some saying dominant, the story is that Buffalo is a weak team and the Jets proved nothing.

Meanwhile, the Pats defense which was bad to questionable all last year shuts down a Titans team missing thier best WR ,with Jake Locker at QB (replaced by the ancient Matt Hasselbeck) and Chris Johnson who's done nothing in this league in two years and the Pats defense is now dominant.....

....go figure.....

I hope Rex goes back to the old Rex. NOT the Rex that was talking super bowls, and not the Rex that was laughing it up with the media, dressing like disturbingly accurate rendition of his brother. I want the Rex that walked in and said, "We are here to win" and "Play like a Jet". I want a Rex who tells the media to go stick a thumb up their a$$, and not with his words, but with his lack thereof.

I want the Rex who's neither friendly nor reactionary to the media, I want the Rex who couldn't give a ****, what they're saying on the outside bc in the locker room all that matters is playing like a team.

Then...maybe....just maybe the media will find another team to exploit all offseason.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by townsell83 View Post
    Great point.

Keep in mind, the same goes for the Pats defense. After 1 game, the media is claiming the Pats defense is going to be incredible this year. how do we know it's not because they played a lousy titans team?

Totally agree with you.

One game is virtually meaningless.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Who cares what the media thinks.

But it's certainly ironic that when the Jets supposed weak offense puts up big numbers against a Buffalo defense that was supposed to be much improved and even some saying dominant, the story is that Buffalo is a weak team and the Jets proved nothing.

Meanwhile, the Pats defense which was bad to questionable all last year shuts down a Titans team missing thier best WR ,with Jake Locker at QB (replaced by the ancient Matt Hasselbeck) and Chris Johnson who's done nothing in this league in two years and the Pats defense is now dominant.....

....go figure.....
    This

Totally agree with you.

One game is virtually meaningless.
    Absolutely, I'm all for getting amped up after a good week 1 victory (it's the start of football season, let yourself have it!), but you also have to temper your expectations.

That being said, did I mention how excited I am to have football back?

Regardless of what happens the Jets just can't win right now. They beat the Bills; "Well the Bills aren't a good team the Jets are supposed to beat them" If we beat the Steelers; "It's a down year for the Steelers they have a ton of injuries" And it'll just go on and on, I don't care the us against the world thing seems to be motivating this team so keep it up.

If the jets beat the steelers it will be from some: "steelers not what they once were", "not a playoff team this year".

U know it.

Jets won't get credit until they euthanize the Patriots once and for all....or at least make the division crown competitive.

We have one of the least competitve division races year in year out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    If the jets beat the steelers it will be from some: "steelers not what they once were", "not a playoff team this year".

U know it.

Jets won't get credit until they euthanize the Patriots once and for all....or at least make the division crown competitive.

We have one of the least competitve division races year in year out.
    ^this

The media only swings wildly back and forth because most of them are terrible with their preseason analysis.

The Chiefs were going to win the AFCW, the Falcons were overrated, the Bills were going to make a huge jump, the Eagles were the best team in the NFCE, the 49ers were going to crash back to earth, Newton and the Panthers were going to make a big jump, etc.

When you do such a bad job forecasting, you wind up scrambling after Week 1.