Thread: Tebow package - 1st & goal from the 7

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Tebow package - 1st & goal from the 7

Nfl am just showed a replay of the Tebow package on 1st & goal from the 7 with 2 minutes left in the game ... The play had Greene to tebows left and McKnight to tebows right ... This was designed perfectly & should have scored a td.

The wr lined up next to brick ... On the snap he crashed down and blocked bricks man ... Brick and mangold rolled out to the left side creating some space ... Greene came down to block the inside traffic ... And McKnight came from tebows right with only the cb left to make the tackle over in that area ... I'm not sure if McKnight was supposed to make a read and decide whether to block the cb or not ... But he looked like he was following the rest of the jets expecting Tebow to throw it to him ... He had a clear lane into the end zone if Tebow threw the ball 5 yards to him ... The play would also have scored a td if McKnight blocked the cb and Tebow ran it

Long story short ... I look forward to seeing this play call again making sure Tebow & McKnight are on the same page

Ljr
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 09-12-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Nfl am just showed a replay of the Tebow package on 1st & goal from the 7 with 2 minutes left in the game ... The play had Greene to tebows left and McKnight to tebows right ... This was designed perfectly & should have scored a td.

Jordon white lined up next to brick ... On the snap he crashed down and blocked bricks man ... Brick and mangold rolled out to the left side creating some space ... Greene came down to block the inside traffic ... And McKnight came from tebows right with only the cb left to make the tackle over in that area ... I'm not sure if McKnight was supposed to make a read and decide whether to block the cb or not ... But he looked like he was following the rest of the jets expecting Tebow to throw it to him ... He had a clear lane into the end zone if Tebow threw the ball 5 yards to him ... The play would also have scored a td if McKnight blocked the cb and Tebow ran it

Long story short ... I look forward to seeing this play call again making sure Tebow & McKnight are on the same page

Ljr
    I dont think that was White, he is not on the team.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    You and I posted about this play at the same time. I love the idea of using him inside the 10, that's where he'll be most effective for sure. Otherwise let him sit and let opposing DC's spend their precious time all week preparing for him. That actually might be his most valuable asset!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    As for McKnight; he's unbelievably horrible at blocking. On one play Tebow got a carry from inside the ten. The play was well designed, the Jets had one more blocker that the Bills had defenders. McKnight, the lead blocker was supposed to hit the safety (or LB?) who had containment on the outside. Mangold went inside to provide an additional push towards the goal line. All other Bills defenders were bottled up. McKnight completely ignored the block and headed upfield with Mangold. Well, the Safety (or LB) tackled Tebow for a 1 yard gain. Why this guy refuses to block at all is completely irritating.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...=247616&page=2

I would guess LJR means TE Konrad Reuland not JWhite

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I dont think that was White, he is not on the team.
    Good stuff ... It looked like it was #17 ... I may have read the jersey # wrong ... Figured maybe he was activated for the game and then practice squad'd afterwards ... Anyway, will change original post to say wr, thx!

Ljr

(thx c-mart as well)
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 09-12-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddtoBarkum1615 View Post
    let him sit and let opposing DC's spend their precious time all week preparing for him. That actually might be his most valuable asset!
    Lol, very true

Ljr

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Solid analysis, that's been Tebow's problem in the past though. On most of those plays where Tebo runs around and throw some miracle pass to one of his backs for a big gain, its usually because he hesitated too long to hit them when they were wide open and instead improvised until he saw an open man standing in sight.

This isn't the worst criticism in the world, and I think we all know that Tebow wasn't brought here to be a top notch pocket QB, but if he can hammer these things out in the Wildcat, (where the plays and coverage complexities are dumbed down due to the trickery/short yardage nature of the WC and the situations it's used in) Tebow can be a real threat on plays like this. Thanks for the nice tidbit OP

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure it was a designed run because the lineman were blocking downfield. Still should have went for a TD if McKnight or Mangold blocked the CB, rather than running by him.

I've it was run/pass option, that would be pretty hard to stop.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post

The wr lined up next to brick ... On the snap he crashed down and blocked bricks man ... Brick and mangold rolled out to the left side creating some space ... Greene came down to block the inside traffic ... And McKnight came from tebows right with only the cb left to make the tackle over in that area ... I'm not sure if McKnight was supposed to make a read and decide whether to block the cb or not ... But he looked like he was following the rest of the jets expecting Tebow to throw it to him ... He had a clear lane into the end zone if Tebow threw the ball 5 yards to him ... The play would also have scored a td if McKnight blocked the cb and Tebow ran it

Ljr
    Bills didn't seem fooled with Tebow on the field.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Totally unrelated, but.....did you see Notre Dame is joining the ACC in everything except football??? Looks like they fooled Swofford and dangled the "maybe we will join in football down the road" card.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    As for McKnight; he's unbelievably horrible at blocking. On one play Tebow got a carry from inside the ten. The play was well designed, the Jets had one more blocker that the Bills had defenders. McKnight, the lead blocker was supposed to hit the safety (or LB?) who had containment on the outside. Mangold went inside to provide an additional push towards the goal line. All other Bills defenders were bottled up. McKnight completely ignored the block and headed upfield with Mangold. Well, the Safety (or LB) tackled Tebow for a 1 yard gain. Why this guy refuses to block at all is completely irritating.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...=247616&page=2

I would guess LJR means TE Konrad Reuland not JWhite

Thanks CMart!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do not let Tebow throw.

Especially when we're up by several touchdowns.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    It's hard to fool someone if the play isn't executed properly . . .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    It's hard to fool someone if the play isn't executed properly . . .
    Yep. The plays that Tebow actually ran on were good, old fashioned, Power O plays that are in every team's playbook, only difference being that the QB is in the shotgun and is the one doing the running.

Playside line downblocks, offside guard pulls and kicks out or leads, HB follows him through the hole, QB/RB comes through. It's classic, short yardage power football. If guys don't block, then it won't be successful.