Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 9/12

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    Tomlin says the #Jets safeties, specifically Landry, brings an awesome demeanor to the D & thinks his energy is infectious thru the team

But Tomlin also says once a month won't be good enough for this game & they'll need to spend more time focusing on it

Tomlin says Wildcat is not as obscure as it once was, so you always have to prepare yourself for it about once a month.
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-12-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber
    Cotchery on last year's departure from Jets: "I donít think anyone really knows everything that transpired between myself and the Jets."

Cotchery on talking with Jets in off-season: "At the end of the day, Pittsburgh really wanted me back here. I really wanted to come back."
    I would really love to know what went down with that.

So weird.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    ask plax i think he was the rotten apple in that batch and it didnt take much to sour homles fast we will see how he holds up this year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kyle Wilson would start outside opposite Cromartie if Revis can't play vs Steelers
    Oh god no.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Correct..

As Steiny reported yesterday it will be Sapp if his ankle is ready, which will be determined within the next few days at practice
    That was my fist response when I heard that Jets resigned Sapp. But then found out it was to the PS.

Steelers OL is very vulnerable to the pass rush. And...IMO...a healthy Sapp can really help Jets get good pressure on Rothlisberger.

This is Big Ben...not Fitzy, that the Jets D is facing. So if Jets can put consistent pressure on Rothlisberger, then the secondary might be able to have another very good game.

The Jets offense isn't going to light up the scoreboard in this one. Jets D has to have a very good game. Get a couple of picks on Big Ben, and stop the run cold dead. Win the turnover battle in a low scoring game, is the best chance for Jets to pull out a win in Pitt.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Interesting, thanks

I get that Sapp is fragile, but if he can rush the passer and hang at 250, could HE be a guy to take PT from Scott?
    Not Scott (Davis is the guy to do that), but hopefully he can take some snaps away from Pace and Thomas. Both players are solid, but neither seems to have any kind of closing speed when they have the QB in their sights. Then there's Maybin, who has the speed but seems to trip over an invisible gopher every time he gets on a beeline.

Jets need a player who can actually put hands on the QB. Coples looks like one, maybe Sapp is another.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Not Scott (Davis is the guy to do that), but hopefully he can take some snaps away from Pace and Thomas. Both players are solid, but neither seems to have any kind of closing speed when they have the QB in their sights. Then there's Maybin, who has the speed but seems to trip over an invisible gopher every time he gets on a beeline.

Jets need a player who can actually put hands on the QB. Coples looks like one, maybe Sapp is another.
    BT is hurting so sapp could get his snaps.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber
    Cotchery on last year's departure from Jets: "I donít think anyone really knows everything that transpired between myself and the Jets."

Cotchery on talking with Jets in off-season: "At the end of the day, Pittsburgh really wanted me back here. I really wanted to come back."
    Biggest mistake they made last year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    maybe last year, but they don't really need him anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Eric Smith said he's progressing every day, trying to get back as soon as possible. #jets

Thats OK Eric, dont rush. Take as much time as you need.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Exactly. And I 100% understand and agree with Cotchery. He was unnecessarily pushed out in order to bring in a taller, but slower unknown quantity in Plaxico. The Jets should have kept Cotchery at WR2 IMO. He went to war for the Jets and then we signed Braylon, signed Plaxico, gave Tone a longterm deal and drafted Kerley. I'd be pretty pissed off too quite frankly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    +1

And unless he was going to have a MAJOR impact in the locker room, I doubt he would've made much difference last year either . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cotchery had 16 catches last year and is the 4th wr on his team. Its not like we let go of the guy and hes a number 1 somewhere. He can hardly get on the field.

We needed to get younger and faster at the receiver position. Cotch is neither young nor fast.

Thanks for your time here but it was the right move to let him go when we did.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Eric Smith said he's progressing every day, trying to get back as soon as possible. #jets

Thats OK Eric, dont rush. Take as much time as you need.
    Lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Cotchery had 16 catches last year and is the 4th wr on his team. Its not like we let go of the guy and hes a number 1 somewhere. He can hardly get on the field.

We needed to get younger and faster at the receiver position. Cotch is neither young nor fast.

Plus people forget Cotch was not 100% healthy last pre-season. There was no guarantee he would be ready for the start of the season. The Jets were bringing in Plax no matter what, it was the Mason signing that really replaced Cotch.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for turning this into a Cotchery thread. My point was mainly in reference to his leadership. Although I do think he was terribly underrated as a WR. He has terrific hands and ran very good routes. He was very reliable for Sanchez.

And yes, I think he would have made a major difference in our locker room.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

Agreed. Cotch was never going to be 2 next to Holmes. They both do the same thing, but Holmes does it better. The Jets needed a big taller guy or speed guy opposite Holmes and they thought Plax was the bigger/taller guy they needed (and he did help us in the RZ).

If Cotch returned he would have been the slot guy, instead it was Kerley. The end of Cotch brought about the begining of Kerley and in one game last week Kerley did more than Cotch could do all season at his age.

Loved cotch when he was in college, loved him when he was here, but this team never missed him (Except for maybe in the locker room).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cotchery had a pretty bad year in 2010 outside of the catch against the Browns, and I can't get on the Jets to bad for letting him go, however as others have mentioned, I definitely think it hurt the chemistry of the team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I would really love to know what went down with that.

So weird.
    Reports were that he couldn't stand to be in the receivers meetings with Santonio, and that he asked to be traded right after the season ended. Apparently had nothing to do with his place on the depth chart or Plaxico being signed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    Since Cotchery has moved on to Pitt, he's been nothing more than a spot player, serving in the role of #4 and #5 WR, that is one of the reasons why he left the Jets, because of the role he was going to play.

I loved Cotchery, but obviously, the team knew something about him too, it's the way it is in the NFL. Anybody labeling this as a Jets mistake isn't thinking straight.