View Poll Results: When does Demario Davis take Bart Scotts job?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Week 1-4

8 28.57%
  • Week 4-8

8 28.57%
  • Week 8-12

8 28.57%
  • Week 12-16

4 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At what point does Demario Davis take Bart Scotts job?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

At what point does Demario Davis take Bart Scotts job?

Week 1-4
    Week 4-8
    Week 8-12
    Week 12-16

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You'll see Davis get more and more playing time as the season goes on. By year end, he may be getting the majority of the snaps. But - barring injury - Scott will hold onto the starting job for the rest of this season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with John. Rex is a bit like Dusty Baker - slow to turn the reigns over to youngsters when he has vet options at a position.

I thought we'd see more of Davis in general over the preseason and first game, so - I don't expect him to be a real starter at all this year. Too bad

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John in CT View Post
    You'll see Davis get more and more playing time as the season goes on. By year end, he may be getting the majority of the snaps. But - barring injury - Scott will hold onto the starting job for the rest of this season.
    +1

I agree with this. Is Davis still nursing an injury?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next year...

You guys underrate Bart. And you overrate Davis at this point. While he's lightning fast, you can see that he's not quick to make decisions yet and he's definitely thinking a bit out there. At least via preseason anyway.

Quit looking for the stuff to ***** about and ride the wave a bit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next year. David is not ready.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Next year...

You guys underrate Bart. And you overrate Davis at this point. While he's lightning fast, you can see that he's not quick to make decisions yet and he's definitely thinking a bit out there. At least via preseason anyway.

Huh?

Davis barely played in preseason.

This question is not so much about when will Davis be ready as it is how fast is Scott's level of play deteriorating. Scott is a liability at this point IMO. I was hoping that losing weight in the off season might give him back at least one or two steps but as of now that does not appear to be the case. We need to upgrade the speed at that position and my guess after game-1 is that it will happen during the season despite the fact that Rex is overly loyal to favorite players.

I expect to see Davis on the field more starting as early as this weekend.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now it looks like Mauga would replace Scott if he went down. Scott didn't play that badly. He was over aggressive a few times, but he actually did pretty well in coverage.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Huh?

Davis barely played in preseason.

This question is not so much about when will Davis be ready as it is how fast is Scott's level of play deteriorating. Scott is a liability at this point IMO. I was hoping that losing weight in the off season might give him back at least one or two steps but as of now that does not appear to be the case. We need to upgrade the speed at that position and my guess after game-1 is that it will happen during the season despite the fact that Rex is overly loyal to favorite players.

I expect to see Davis on the field more starting as early as this weekend.
    I agree. Bart is slow and becoming a liability out there, its just a matter of time before he's replaced. No one is *****ing, its a valid question since its bound to happen at some point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Davis will have a chance next year. A chance. But a lot depends on scott. Its all in his court.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully soon

Slow doesn't even begin to describe Bart at this point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think technically Scott will start all season but Davis will just play more and more as time goes on. The coaches can't ignore what's on the tape and Bart is slow as molasses. But Rex is loyal to his guys and will allow Scott to "save face" with his fake starts.

I anticipate Davis playing more even in the next few games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Next year...

While Bart's role "supposedly" is to do a lot of the dirty work, take on blocks etc....what impact plays have you seen him make in 2011 or Sunday? Yes he looks faster, but he misses a lot of tackles.

Id rather have a fast player make mistakes based on inexperience along wtih making some big plays with his speed, then an old player make mistakes and not have the speed/skills to make any big plays.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scott is vastly overrated. Davis didn't really show me anything in the preseason. Hopefully he can get up to speed because we need speed and youth at the LB spot

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not that Bart was ever in Ray Lewis' league, but it's amazing how well Lewis is still playing. He was making plays all over the field on Monday night.

Remarkable at his age.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Not that Bart was ever in Ray Lewis' league, but it's amazing how well Lewis is still playing. He was making plays all over the field on Monday night.

Remarkable at his age.

_
    did he give ed reed a concussion?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not davis that would take his spot imo. Scott is the thumper that takes on blocks, Davis isn't that type of player. Unless they move Harris to that spot, which brings me to another point.

Harris seems off to me. For all his faults, Scott was all around the field attempting to make plays (unsuccessfully mind you). Where was Harris? Why is Scott, the thumper, seemingly getting more action than the guy who is supposedly running around free?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

Remarkable at his age.

_
    Steroids are a beautiful thing

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Right now it looks like Mauga would replace Scott if he went down. Scott didn't play that badly. He was over aggressive a few times, but he actually did pretty well in coverage.
    Scott reacted well to the pressure and played one of his better games in recent times. His lack of speed is still glaring though. I'm worried about him against the Pats twin titans