Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Plagiarist Joe Does It Again....

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like

Plagiarist Joe Does It Again....

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/3831...itter-sept.htm

Joe Biden Ripped On Twitter For Calling 9/11 'Bittersweet': Gaffe Or Fitting Within Context?

By Howard Koplowitz: Subscribe to Howard's RSS feed

September 11, 2012 3:34 PM EDT

Gaffe-prone Vice President Joe Biden offended many Twitter users while describing Sept. 11 as "bittersweet" during a ceremony Tuesday for those who lost their lives on United Flight 93, which crashed in a Pennsylvania field.

"And its an honor, a genuine honor to be back here today, but, like all of the families, we wish we weren't here. We wish we didn't have to be here. We wish we didn't have to commemorate any of this." Biden said. "It is a bittersweet moment for the entire nation, for all of the country, particularly for those family members gathered here today."

Some questioned the use of "bittersweet" during the somber ceremony in Shanksville, Pa., but as Charlie Sperling of the conservative Washington Examiner noted, Biden was speaking at the site where United Flight 93 crashed. The heroic efforts of the plane's 40 passengers and crew members prevented the aircraft from reaching the U.S. Capitol building, believed to be the terrorists' target.

"If you are commemorating Flight 93, that specific event is one of both heroism and tragedy," Sperling noted.

Biden also shared his personal loss during the ceremony, when he described losing his first wife and daughter in a 1972 car accident. He told families of the victims of Flight 93 that he hoped their pain would ease with time. There has been no official word yet from Biden's office on what exactly the vice president meant by "bittersweet."

Follow us

Conservative pundit Michelle Malkin, who usually doesn't miss a chance to bash the administration, held back on criticism.

"Lots of stupid going around today, but I'm not jumping on Biden for his 'bittersweet' remark," Malkin tweeted, adding a link to a Politico story on Biden's speech. "Full context==> http://is.gd/2q26RI."

Other Biden bashers on Twitter didn't hold back.

"Hey Biden, there's nothing 'bittersweet' about today you ignorant moron," said @olliblog.

"9/11 is 'bittersweet'? Biden is a dope," said @Twin66.

"That idiot Joe Biden did it again. 'Today is a bittersweet.' What part is sweet about today?" wrote Jason Fry.

"Just when you thought there were hardly words to describe 9/11's significance, our illustrious Veep Joe Biden: 'It is a bittersweet moment,'" said Jess Fields.

"In speech to #9-11 families, #Biden says today 'bittersweet' moment for America. Someone needs to get that man a dictionary. #alwaysremember," wrote Terri Mallioux.

Follow @HowardKoplowitz

To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail: h.koplowitz@ibtimes.com
    To contact the editor, e-mail: editor@ibtimes.com
    911 was bittersweet?

This moron makes Sarah Palin look like Einstein...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    A conservative pundit answers your question right in the very article you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by your own damn post
    Some questioned the use of "bittersweet" during the somber ceremony in Shanksville, Pa., but as Charlie Sperling of the conservative Washington Examiner noted, Biden was speaking at the site where United Flight 93 crashed. The heroic efforts of the plane's 40 passengers and crew members prevented the aircraft from reaching the U.S. Capitol building, believed to be the terrorists' target.

"If you are commemorating Flight 93, that specific event is one of both heroism and tragedy," Sperling noted.
    It's hard to be taken seriously when you're so overtly biased that a liberal's blue sky is absolutely, positively gray.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    It's hard to be taken seriously when you're so overtly biased that a liberal's blue sky is absolutely, positively gray.
    I try.

God knows I try.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No matter what the context is, the word "bittersweet" should never be used to describe anything about 9/11.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 09-12-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No matter what the context is, the word "bittersweet" should never be used to describe anything about 9/11.
    But...that plainly makes no sense. It's apt for describing Fallen Heroes. The loss is very bitter, but they left us with an example of solid gold behavior; we look up to them, and mourn losing them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lolz...

Oh, conservatives. Even your VP realizes the ship is sinking and is running for re-election in Wisconsin...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect! Once again, Joe (fredo) Biden strikes again.
    Last edited by acepepe; 09-13-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    A conservative pundit answers your question right in the very article you posted.
    I mean, even without that guy ridiculing the article, the first sentence gives one enough information to say "oh, so Biden's context was heroism combined with tragedy";

Gaffe-prone Vice President Joe Biden offended many Twitter users while describing Sept. 11 as "bittersweet" during a ceremony Tuesday for those who lost their lives on United Flight 93, which crashed in a Pennsylvania field.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is phoney outrage at its core. It is obvious there is no slight and this in no gaffe, but let's be honest. if this were Romney or Paul liberals would be doing the same thing. You'd be able to hear Chris Matthews salivate as the words came out of their mouths.

twisting an opponents words and meaning isn't new, or monopolized by the right.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    ...let's be honest. if this were Romney or Paul liberals would be doing the same thing. You'd be able to hear Chris Matthews salivate as the words came out of their mouths.

Fer sure.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    This is phoney outrage at its core. It is obvious there is no slight and this in no gaffe, but let's be honest. if this were Romney or Paul liberals would be doing the same thing. You'd be able to hear Chris Matthews salivate as the words came out of their mouths.

+1.

I was pissed until I heard the context.

Can I still think that Biden is a boob, though?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    +1.

that kind of ruins boobs for me

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we all do, on some level. Part of me was kinda hoping he'd come down with a case of Forhealthreasons and gracefully sit this one out.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    He's the Will Ferrall in the Eddie Murphy White House!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1.

Biden always has one foot in his mouth. Its easy to see why people reacted the way they did on this one...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Its easy to see why people reacted the way they did on this one...
    +1

Same crowd always attacking (D) no matter what.