Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Darrelle Revis not cleared for contact

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least we know Bart Scott can still bring the hurt.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I doubt he plays Sunday. Doctors usually don't clear these type of cases right away in fear it could look bad on them should he play and get another.
    I think you're wrong. HDCentStOhio can correct me (I think he's a doctor - I'm definitely not): I think the general idea is that it's a concussion if you have any symptoms. I think a lot of the symptoms are self-reported though, e.g. headaches.

The NFL plan is something like, first wait for symptoms to go away. Then resume non-contact. Verify that symptoms don't return. Then you're cleared for contact.

IOW, it has to take a few days to get cleared, just because of the waiting inherent in the plan. But it's perfectly plausible to get cleared in a week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    I think you're wrong. HDCentStOhio can correct me (I think he's a doctor - I'm definitely not): I think the general idea is that it's a concussion if you have any symptoms. I think a lot of the symptoms are self-reported though, e.g. headaches.

The NFL plan is something like, first wait for symptoms to go away. Then resume non-contact. Verify that symptoms don't return. Then you're cleared for contact.

IOW, it has to take a few days to get cleared, just because of the waiting inherent in the plan. But it's perfectly plausible to get cleared in a week.
    This is more or less correct. Concussion is based upon symptoms. Scans are all negative. Unless the patient is asymptomatic there would be no advancement in activity. The patient is monitored and activity advanced progressively over a 5-6 day time frame as long as remains asymptomatic. These are not just NFL guidelines but general sports medicine guidelines. Only in pediatric patients would a more conservative approach apply.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HDCentStOhio View Post
    This is more or less correct. Concussion is based upon symptoms. Scans are all negative. Unless the patient is asymptomatic there would be no advancement in activity. The patient is monitored and activity advanced progressively over a 5-6 day time frame as long as remains asymptomatic. These are not just NFL guidelines but general sports medicine guidelines. Only in pediatric patients would a more conservative approach apply.
    Thank you. Good info in a thread full of speculation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Are you that naive? They ask him questions about how he is feeling. Guys lie all the time and say they are fine.
    I think it's naive to think that Revis is going to purposefully sit out during a contract year. Maybe you guys don't understand how a contact year works.

You actually have to play. And play well to get paid. Sitting out does nothing for Revis.

Great storyline for the conspiracy theorists though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    If he plays, I want him covering Brown. Cro can handle Wallace's speed, and after not practicing all week, the last thing we need is Revis trying to go stride for stride with Wallace down field and pulling a hammy.
    Correct...

Wilson will have plenty to deal with covering Sanders. Ben throws to Sanders a bunch and if Revis plays (as he probably will) Ben's best option will be throwing to Sanders.

It's not even as though Wilson is bad as some around here think. He's a good player but he's not as good as Revis or Cro.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    What if the independent neurologist is a Steelers fan?
    We'd only worry if the doctor was a Patriots fan. You how the Patriots like to cheat etc.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    What if the independent neurologist is a Steelers fan?
    Ha ha ha; you remind me of that a-hole Arbitrator that was a Redskins fan; and he gave the Redskins everything they wanted from the Jets.

okay okay it was only chad morton.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No long-term contract, no play Sunday.

SAR I
    You may be on to something...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    How many concussions do you need before you talk a little dopey.

Did he even get there yet?

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    I think it's naive to think that Revis is going to purposefully sit out during a contract year. Maybe you guys don't understand how a contact year works.

You actually have to play. And play well to get paid. Sitting out does nothing for Revis.

Great storyline for the conspiracy theorists though.
    Boy, do you have it backwards. "How it works in a contract year". LOL.

If there's one player in the NFL that has nothing to prove it's Darrelle Revis.

Naive? It's naive to think that Revis and his agent won't sit this week out even if he gets clearance. His next contract is the most important, they won't risk it.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    We'd only worry if the doctor was a Patriots fan. You how the Patriots like to cheat etc.
    Doctors or anyone of intelligence would never root for a team like the Patriots.

It's dumb sh1ts who can convince themselves that cheating is meaningless who root for cheaters

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Doctors or anyone of intelligence would never root for a team like the Patriots.

It's dumb sh1ts who can convince themselves that cheating is meaningless who root for cheaters
    Yeah, like Harvard students.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Naive? It's naive to think that Revis and his agent won't sit this week out even if he gets clearance. His next contract is the most important, they won't risk it.

SAR I
    You're so tiring dude... Just give it a rest...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Are you that naive? They ask him questions about how he is feeling. Guys lie all the time and say they are fine.
    So you think he would lie and say he not fine to avoid playing to teach the Jets a lesson? Zero chance. Guy is a competitor. Yeah, he will hold out until he gets his money next year, but I don't think he would be sending any kind of a message by lying to not play on Sunday in Pitt in front of his friends.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John in CT View Post
    Yeah, like Harvard students.
    sorry but Harvard students root for the Bills

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    So you think the doctor's are going to give him clearance, but Revis is going to say, no, I don't want to play just in case.

Hmmm.....I wonder how his teammates will take that?

Of all the stupid things you've said on this board for no other purpose then to start trouble, and make no mistake about it, you've said a lot of stupid things, this one takes the cake.

Revis is going to be cleared then essentially institute a one game hold out.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    sorry but Harvard students root for the Bills
    I'd explain it to you, but it would just be wasted keystrokes.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have an almost long list of draft picks who need to step it up, this week more than most

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets/Steelers National game. Simms/Nantz.

SAR, I like your posts but lately they have been awful. Revis isnt missing this game. The contract stuff is over until the offseason. Sitting this one out does nothing for him.

Revis is in football mode now. He would not miss this game for anything.

Get back to posting good stuff SAR. your still in preseason form.