Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Darrelle Revis not cleared for contact

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Good idea.

Shut down the thread, let's not have any conversation on the subject. Let's not use the discussion forum for its intended purpose.

SAR I
    And deprive you of your playground right?

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And deprive you of your playground right?
    Stay on toothpick please

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Stay on toothpick please
    As long as that toothpick is spearing 3 olives and is submerged in a dirty martini.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    He'll definitely be playing, no worries here

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as that toothpick is spearing 3 olives and is submerged in a dirty martini.
    See how that works?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    ...saying he "doesn't feel quite right" or even saying he's not comfortable with playing is, according to my understanding of the new protocols, enough for the doctors to not clear him.
    Exactly. Which is why Revis will say that he doesn't quite feel right, whether it's true or not.

Revis wants to be declared inelligible so that he can sit out against Pittsburgh, a game in which the Jets are considerable underdogs on the road and will likely lose. That way, when his agents sit down with Jets management this offseason, they can say - "Hey look, you didn't have Revis against Pittsburgh and you lost. Imagine not having him at all, ever."

It's an extra bargaining chip in Revis's pocket. And, all you'll ever officially hear on TV is, "Revis was not cleared to play."

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Week Knees Willie View Post
    Exactly. Which is why Revis will say that he doesn't quite feel right, whether it's true or not.

Revis wants to be declared inelligible so that he can sit out against Pittsburgh, a game in which the Jets are considerable underdogs on the road and will likely lose. That way, when his agents sit down with Jets management this offseason, they can say - "Hey look, you didn't have Revis against Pittsburgh and you lost. Imagine not having him at all, ever."

It's an extra bargaining chip in Revis's pocket. And, all you'll ever officially hear on TV is, "Revis was not cleared to play."
    The Jets are 3-0 in games Revis hasn't played in his career. Is he going to sit out 4 games and hope the Jets lose all 4?

Again, you get money and contracts by performing on the field and winning. This isn't a hard concept to understand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    But you just said:

Everyone's naive and he won't risk it. Statement of fact.

OR

You'd be incredibly impressed if he played. Covering your ass in case your statement of fact is wrong.

So which one is it?
    Everyone's naive to think that he's not considering sitting out the game. I personally don't think it makes sense for him to risk another concussion and I'd be impressed if he decides to play.

I'm not trying to be right or wrong. I'm offering an opinion. Not sure what it is with you, thinking everything's a contest, like there's poster 'bonus' points for being 'right'. We're just a bunch of fans shooting-the-sh-t on a fanboy forum. Get over yourself.

I'll go hire someone to spend an hour rifling through every post you've ever made, every draft pick you decided was going to be a 'great one' and then bore the entire JI community in a pitiful attempt to besmirch you. Sound like a constructive use of time?

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or, he tanks the test now so that he's guaranteed to miss the week.

Look, we're going to lose anyway. As a fan, I don't want Darrelle playing this game. There's no need to have him re-injured in a blowout.

SAR I
    Please ban this troll. It has become clear that his objective on JI is now to instigate confrontation. Time to send a message Mods.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Sounds plausible; however I bet there is language in the contract that would address this issue (since Revis is so highly valued) before it arises; ie playing time/concussions.
    Good point.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    But you just said:

Everyone's naive and he won't risk it. Statement of fact.

OR

You'd be incredibly impressed if he played. Covering your ass in case your statement of fact is wrong.

So which one is it?
    SAR I, M.D., PhD, CEO, CPA, ASS, MBA, LDS, M&M, ESQ

Don't argue, he knows better.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Please ban this troll. It has become clear that his objective on JI is now to instigate confrontation. Time to send a message Mods.
    Please ban this stalker. It has become clear that his objective on JI is now to dog SAR from thread to thread and instigate confrontation. Time to send a message Mods.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    +1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    +1
    +1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    +1
    He funny part of his sig, Rookie Hall of Shame, is that the last four coaches were 9-7, 10-6, 10-6, and 9-7 in their rookie years, the last 3 going to the playoffs in their first year.

Just saying.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    +1
    +1

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone's naive to think that he's not considering sitting out the game. I personally don't think it makes sense for him to risk another concussion and I'd be impressed if he decides to play.

I'm not trying to be right or wrong. I'm offering an opinion. Not sure what it is with you, thinking everything's a contest, like there's poster 'bonus' points for being 'right'. We're just a bunch of fans shooting-the-sh-t on a fanboy forum. Get over yourself.

I'll go hire someone to spend an hour rifling through every post you've ever made, every draft pick you decided was going to be a 'great one' and then bore the entire JI community in a pitiful attempt to besmirch you. Sound like a constructive use of time?

SAR I
    I'm tired of your conspiracy theories....your the National Enquirer of Jets Insider....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    I'm tired of your conspiracy theories....your the National Enquirer of Jets Insider....
    He's the Skip Bayless of JI.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    He's the Skip Bayless of JI.
    And you're the Joseph McCarthy of JI, running around trying to censor and discriminate against posters you don't agree with.

We get it. You 8 Homers don't like SAR. But dozens of posters like SAR along with hundreds of lurkers who click and read his posts. How about you 8 find another hobby, leave the couple of hundred of the rest of us alone. You're so worried about the integrity of the board, then do the board a favor.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Take a good look in the mirror Scott.

First, no one here is more full of themselves than you.

Second, no one purports to be right more than you do.

Third, you're now backtracking. First, you said we'd all be naive to think Revis won't sit out. Now it's " naive to think that he's not considering sitting out the game."

So, don't insult everyone's intelligence with your BS. Thank you. Have a nice evening. I'm going to a concert with my wife.