Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 180

Thread: Darrelle Revis not cleared for contact

  1. #81
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    The Jets are 3-0 in games Revis hasn't played in his career. Is he going to sit out 4 games and hope the Jets lose all 4?

    Again, you get money and contracts by performing on the field and winning. This isn't a hard concept to understand.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    This is right. You get paid to perform on the field. that being said, i wouldnt be surprised if he does sit out as a precautionary matter.

  2. #82
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

    First, no one here is more full of themselves than you.
    No, there's you Jordy.

    "Full of themselves" when it comes to opinions on the Jets is one thing- it's what we're here to do. But being "full of themselves" on their opinions of other posters is a crime. We're here to discuss the Jets. We're not here to discuss ourselves. Figure out the differentiation because you 8 are ruining the experience for the rest of us.

    SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 09-12-2012 at 06:31 PM.

  3. #83
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,907
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    This is right. You get paid to perform on the field. that being said, i wouldnt be surprised if he does sit out as a precautionary matter.
    Sure. But it'll be because he's actually hurt and can cause more harm to himself and be out longer, not because it's a contact year.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  4. #84
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    It can go both ways. He can lie to the doctors about his symptoms so he can play. Or he can slow play it b.c he does not want to risk further injury b.c of how it may effect his future. I can see both sides of the argument. I do not think there is anything outrageous being suggested. Just a difference of opinion. And we know what that means on JI.

    IMO Revis' next contract can only get hurt by him playing this week or remain the same. There is little to be gained by playing this week. He has nothing to prove. His value is not going to get any higher than it is. He is going to get paid unless he gets injured. So it would be wise for him to err on the side of caution.

    I don't see what all the fuss is about. It is a legitimate topic of conversation.

  5. #85
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,391
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

    I don't see what all the fuss is about. It is a legitimate topic of conversation.
    +1.

    The "fuss" is that there are 8 posters who gang up on SAR and, in doing so, disrupt conversation and bring the board down for the rest of us who are minding our business and using the forum for it's intended purpose.

    SAR I

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1.

    The "fuss" is that there are 8 posters who gang up on SAR and, in doing so, disrupt conversation and bring the board down for the rest of us who are minding our business and using the forum for it's intended purpose.

    SAR I
    +1

  7. #87
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    Sure. But it'll be because he's actually hurt and can cause more harm to himself and be out longer, not because it's a contact year.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    absolutly. i was making the point that with this type of injury, you gotta be careful. if not you wont be on the field when it counts. 15 games this season is better than risking it and having a crosby like set back

  8. #88
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    And you're the Joseph McCarthy of JI, running around trying to censor and discriminate against posters you don't agree with.

    We get it. You 8 Homers don't like SAR. But dozens of posters like SAR along with hundreds of lurkers who click and read his posts. How about you 8 find another hobby, leave the couple of hundred of the rest of us alone. You're so worried about the integrity of the board, then do the board a favor.

    SAR I
    LOL. Just like you, who can post whatever self absorbed rhetoric you want, I can post whatever i want, especially in response to the garbage you write meant to incite the masses. I believe your analysis of the team, individual players, and the coaching staff is unfair and wrong. I can disagree with you, and if you don't like it, too bad. I'm here to stay. We're allowed to have fun on here, too, is that ok? This isn't Burger King. You can't have it your way.

    I disagree with your medical opinion on Revis, and the proposed conspiracy underneath. Your posts lack facts, IMO. Please provide links.

  9. #89
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Week Knees Willie View Post
    +1
    I'd check the IP address on this one.

  10. #90
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Please ban this troll. It has become clear that his objective on JI is now to instigate confrontation. Time to send a message Mods.
    To the Receiver? Hope for a answer someday?


    You gotta put your own work in aroun' here, holmey. Square up your shoulders, dust off that "Logic" workbook from high school and get busy proving sar wrong...

  11. #91
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Week Knees Willie View Post
    +1
    LOL

    You can't hide behind fake spelling mistakes; goodness you crack me up. I still can't tell if that's a solid double entendre.

  12. #92
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    To the Receiver? Hope for a answer someday?


    You gotta put your own work in aroun' here, holmey. Square up your shoulders, dust off that "Logic" workbook from high school and get busy proving sar wrong...
    In SAR's mind he's so right, even when he knows he's wrong.

    Which is always. Almost.

  13. #93
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    And you're the Joseph McCarthy of JI, running around trying to censor and discriminate against posters you don't agree with.

    We get it. You 8 Homers don't like SAR. But dozens of posters like SAR along with hundreds of lurkers who click and read his posts. How about you 8 find another hobby, leave the couple of hundred of the rest of us alone. You're so worried about the integrity of the board, then do the board a favor.

    SAR I
    I would say that less than 5% of posters here like you.

    You are by far the worst troll on this board.

  14. #94
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,954
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I would say that less than 5% of posters here like you.

    You are by far the worst troll on this board.
    Someone had to say it...

  15. #95
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I doubt he plays Sunday. Doctors usually don't clear these type of cases right away in fear it could look bad on them should he play and get another.

    Revis wont play Sunday. It's out of the Jets and Revis's hands.
    yeah! thats right! I agree.

  16. #96
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1.

    The "fuss" is that there are 8 posters who gang up on SAR and, in doing so, disrupt conversation and bring the board down for the rest of us who are minding our business and using the forum for it's intended purpose.

    SAR I
    +2

  17. #97
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    And you're the Joseph McCarthy of JI, running around trying to censor and discriminate against posters you don't agree with.

    We get it. You 8 Homers don't like SAR. But dozens of posters like SAR along with hundreds of lurkers who click and read his posts. How about you 8 find another hobby, leave the couple of hundred of the rest of us alone. You're so worried about the integrity of the board, then do the board a favor.

    SAR I
    If you say the Jets are going to lose ("reverse jinx" franchise duly noted ) you have to take the shots. Maybe you need a sidekick; some tackling dummy to stand up and take the blows.

    NOTE TO ALL TOWEL-SNAPPERS: the Mods don't go into the locker room, except to get ready for either a game or going home.

  18. #98
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j3ts83 View Post
    +2
    Oh no

  19. #99
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Oh no
    Are all these new posters who agree with SAR a new generation of Jets fan?

    They must all be miserable too.

  20. #100
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    If you say the Jets are going to lose ("reverse jinx" franchise duly noted ) you have to take the shots. Maybe you need a sidekick; some tackling dummy to stand up and take the blows.

    NOTE TO ALL TOWEL-SNAPPERS: the Mods don't go into the locker room, except to get ready for either a game or going home.
    LOL...we all have our own battles to fight around here. No need to take any unnecessary shrapnel if you dont have to.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us