Thread: Steelers have a reputation

Steelers have a reputation

Steelers have that badazz rep but really, ask yourself this question
    With Harrison likely to miss another game (the guy hasn't practiced full go in weeks)
    What Steeler defenders would you take if you had to give up a Jet starter at the same position?
    It's funny that the Jets defense isn't talked about more in this matchup.
    The Steelers Oline has been bad for years now.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    What Steeler defenders would you take if you had to give up a Jet starter at the same position?

Ryan Clark, Polamalu, Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, Hampton

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    So you would trade Hampton right now for Ellis?
    How old is Hampton?

Harrison is probably not playing that's why I left him out of the discussion, I'm only concerned with this Sunday.

So that's it?
    Those are the only players?
    What does that say about the NY Jets defense vs the Steelers defense in 2012

You made my point
    Big Ben is our biggest problem on Sunday
    D has to take advantage of Steelers shaky Oline & get some turnovers.
    I think Jets have as good of chance as any team heading into Heinz field, we have the players & the coaching staff to get a W.
    Steelers have intimidated teams for years, I just don't think they are as intimidating any more.

Absolutely not Hampton. Not anymore. I wouldn't take him above Kenrick let alone Sione.

Timmons is a monster. Ryan Clark is an extremely good player. Polamalu is not what he was, but still can affect a game.

What I think is notable about the Steelers is their age.

Hampton - 35
    Ryan Clark - 33 in October
    Polamalu - 31
    Harrison - 34
    Larry Foote - 32
    Ike Taylor - 32
    Brett Keisel - 34 in a couple days

People talk about Baltimore and their age on defense, but the Steelers are going to have serious problems soon. Hell, even Lebeau is 75. The one constant in life and especially sports is that father time is undefeated. These guys CANNOT keep it going forever. Not only are a lot of those guys older, but a lot of those guys are older at positions that tend to be younger. Playing zone a lot (like the Steelers do) allows you to keep those guys beyond their normal expiration date, but not much further.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I might exclude Hampton but everyone else I'd agree with.

This is either 5 or 6 (half) of the defense.

All League
    I watch entirely too much Steelers football as a Pittsburgh resident. Let me tell you something, Woodley and Timmons are NOT game changers anymore like they may have been circa 2010. They have both been massive disappointments here in Steelerland. Now, would I rather have those two instead of Bryan Thomas and Bart Scott? Yes. But let's not get carried away with those 2, they're not as special as many may have thought when they first burst onto the scene. Harrison is the only true star in the LB group.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Harrison may still yet play this week. I doubt he'll be 100%, but getting him on the field in whatever capacity will be a boon for them. He's one tough M'fer.

aging or not, they've still got a ton of talent on that D and they're very well coached.

the reputation is earned.

I am much more worried about big ben and our ability to stop the run than their defense.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    aging or not, they've still got a ton of talent on that D and they're very well coached.

the reputation is earned.
    This. While it may not bode well for them down the road, at this point in time they're still pretty f'n good. And while Hampton is probably a shell of his former self, he's still a big truck in the middle that is difficult to move. Ditto with Keisel who is the text book definition of a 3-4 End.

Ziggy Hood is a young guy who is developing for them too. And while I haven't seen much of Heyward, I gotta believe he will end up being a player.

Yeah, they're getting old....that's true. But there is some new blood there as well. Overall, they're still going to be a very tough defense this year.

I'm worried most about seeing that ghey Sidnie Crosby pic in that dude's sig...

Jets Insider VIP
    The Steelers also like to cup nuts and tongue taints.

Reputation? Of what? Their fans being inbred?

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    I am much more worried about big ben and our ability to stop the run than their defense.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    I'm not sure there are EVER circumstances where you should worry more about our D than our O . . .

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    The Steelers also like to cup nuts and tongue taints..
    lol

Ljr

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I'm not sure there are EVER circumstances where you should worry more about our D than our O . . .
    How bout the last two afccgs or anytime they hav a 6 point or less lead with under 3 minutes to go?