Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gates and Arukwe are Sanjay's type of guys...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Did Gates dress last week? Do we know if he is going to play soon?
    He didn't

If Kerley can't go he will this week

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He didn't

If Kerley can't go he will this week
    Thanks C Mart

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The Jets don't have any weapons.
    Opps! My Bad! lol!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Hill...with only 49 career college receptions...is as raw as it gets. How's he doing?

IMO...what we saw last Sunday...was the result of Hill's physically gifted talents...accompanied by his attitude and work ethic...being coached up by Lal. Which resulted in an impressive impact performance, by a very inexperienced Hill.

What a player is made up of...what he has inside him...has a lot to do with what a coach can get out of him.

I would not judge Lal too harshly, on what results he was able to get out of his players, in that dysfunctional Raiders environment.

What he's doing with Hill, is of more immediate importance, then theories on his Raiders accomplishments...or lack of.

And the 5-10; 190; Gates...with 4.28 speed in the slot...has me salivating with the possible results.
    ++++++1

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Hill...with only 49 career college receptions...is as raw as it gets. How's he doing?

IMO...what we saw last Sunday...was the result of Hill's physically gifted talents...accompanied by his attitude and work ethic...being coached up by Lal. Which resulted in an impressive impact performance, by a very inexperienced Hill.

What a player is made up of...what he has inside him...has a lot to do with what a coach can get out of him.

I would not judge Lal too harshly, on what results he was able to get out of his players, in that dysfunctional Raiders environment.

What he's doing with Hill, is of more immediate importance, then theories on his Raiders accomplishments...or lack of.

And the 5-10; 190; Gates...with 4.28 speed in the slot...has me salivating with the possible results.
    I think you're spot on. tony_TFY from the draft board said the jets would be targeting "high character" individuals in this draft after last year's debacle. hill is exactly that, everybody knows about the kid's talent but he isa really hard worker and has a great professional attitude

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    I am REAL excited to see what Gates can do.
    The guy definitely looks like a poor mans Mike Wallace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkW8QoHGNoo
    Speed kills, and so does Hill