Thread: Struggling Steelers "D" Faces Powerful Jet Offense-Wait, That Can't Be Right, Can It?

Struggling Steelers "D" Faces Powerful Jet Offense-Wait, That Can't Be Right, Can It?

Who are you, Kelly? Post the article.

Struggling Steelers Defense Prepares For Challenge Of High Powered Jet Offense… Wait, That Can’t Be Right, Can It?
    September 12, 2012 **·**

By PFM Staff

“Huff… puff.. come back… stop… please.”
    In what may be the highest profile matchup of the NFL season’s second week of contests, the struggling Pittsburgh Steelers defense must brace itself against the onslaught of the New York Jets high-powered offense and, no wait, that can’t be right, can it?

The porous Pittsburgh defenders currently rank 25th in the league in points-per-game allowed, and 17th in third down conversions surrendered. *While recording a mere two sacks on the year, the floundering unit has yet to recover a single fumble, intercept one pass, or, hang on here a second this can’t possibly be accurate? *Is it? *Really?

“Highest rating in the division, *****es. Suck it, Brady.”
    The Jets, meanwhile, surge into the match boasting the NFL’s highest scoring offense with a whopping 48 points. *QB Mark Sanchez and his lofty 123.4 rating is currently tied for the league lead in touchdown passes and okay hold on, there’s no way in HELL that’s correct? *It is? *What the f…?

The game will be critical to both teams as New York attempts to stay in first place in the AFC East, while the Steelers hope to climb out of the AFC North’s basement and, no, that’s it, stop, we’re going to need some fact checkers on this because none of this can possibly be true. *Jesus Christ, it IS?

Well there you have it, apparently. So expect the much-maligned Pittsburgh defense to, we suppose, crumble and collapse as the mighty Jets offensive machine attacks them through the ground, the air, whatever. The once-proud Steel Curtain will learn the hard way that in today’s bizarro NFL landscape, you don’t stop Mark Sanchez, you can only hope to contain him, obviously.
    Other than the sarcastic undertone, it doesnt really say anything interesting.

They are all nuts,

I swear to god

Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

And drawing any conclusions after only one game is stupid.

Banned

Bewildered Beast
    Eh, Sanchex is 1 for 2 over there.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    As happy as I am in the way we won, this statement is true.

Jets Insider VIP
    yep...I got a few bets, into the several hundred on this game. Bets were made blind, weeks ago. I am happy but I haven't spent the money yet.

Don't feed the troll

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    +1

Sad reality is, if the Jets could build us up just to break us down, this would be the game where our offense would find a way to get shut out

All League

What was with all the ?????

Did this guy go to the DWC school of Journalism?

The Steelers defense will be fine (i assume), but the offensive line is horrific. They all graded poorly this past Sunday and Roethlisberger's QB rating when denver blitzed was around 20. Not to mention they have sub-par RB's (with Mendenhall out) and I really think the Jets have a shot in this one (assuming Revis plays)

Make no mistake, the Steelers will be ready for the Jets. Last weeks game was certainly am eye opener but if anyone thinks we put up that many points on Pit, there crazy!!

This Jets fan would be happy to get out of that town with a one point win. One thing is certain after that game Sunday, we as Jets fans will have a better feel for the true talent level of this 2012 team.

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Make no mistake, the Steelers will be ready for the Jets. Last weeks game was certainly am eye opener but if anyone thinks we put up that many points on Pit, there crazy!!

This Jets fan would be happy to get out of that town with a one point win. One thing is certain after that game Sunday, we as Jets fans will have a better feel for the true talent level of this 2012 team.
    I agree ... Last week, surprise played a lot into how bad we made Buffalo look. Laboe won't be fooled ... At least I don't think he'll be fooled ... Find out Sunday.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 09-13-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Jets Insider VIP

Caption under Sanchez's picture:

“Highest rating in the division, *****es. Suck it, Brady.”