Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, and more Tebow (merged)

Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, and more Tebow (merged)

Would like to start off by saying for the record, (like the majority here) I hated the acquisition of Tebow and the whole 'circus' that ensued...and watching the game i was getting annoyed that Sanchez had been pulled for the wildcat while he was in such a groove...HOWEVER...when they put Tebow in at the 7 to punch it in at the end, i was cool with. Giving him the ball inside the 10 moving forward i think is a really good idea. What's the difference if Sanchez hands it off to Greene or let Tebow get the touch whether it be wildcat or line him up in the backfield, ala a Peyton Hils? At that point, will it disrupt Sanchez's rhythm? I don't know.... but it does give us that 1 2 punch down there we haven't had since Thomas Jones/Greene.....just keep him on the bench for the other 90 yards.

Veteran
    Said it before Tebow's effectiveness will be stengthened by how well Sanchez plays. The less Tebow is used the more he makes an impact. I believe he averaged around 4 yds per carry which are positive yds. Let Tebow run these basic plays and eventually he's going to burn a low safety.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Said it before Tebow's effectiveness will be stengthened by how well Sanchez plays. The less Tebow is used the more he makes an impact. I believe he averaged around 4 yds per carry which are positive yds. Let Tebow run these basic plays and eventually he's going to burn a low safety.
    He had 5 carries for 11 yards.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Just saw your topic ... I started a thread on that play as well ... I haven't made up my mind yet on if the subbing in and out of Tebow is hurting Sanchez ... But watching the replay we should have scored a td there

Ljr

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He had 5 carries for 11 yards.
    Really, thought it was more than that I stand corrected. Still think he has value here if limited.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Really, thought it was more than that I stand corrected. Still think he has value here if limited.
    I agree. I think the greatest value he has is inside the 10 yard line. There is a lot you can do with him in those situations. I have zero issue with using him around the goal line.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Conner hasn't shown the ability to get the tough yards on 3rd or 4th and short ... Tebow is def an improvement from him

Ljr

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Conner hasn't shown the ability to get the tough yards on 3rd or 4th and short ... Tebow is def an improvement from him

Ljr
    This to me is where Tebow will be most helpful....3rd and short...The Jets haven't been very good in those situations lately. Tebow will simply be more efficient at getting a yard or two than any traditional running play.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddtoBarkum1615 View Post

What's the difference if Sanchez hands it off to Greene or let Tebow get the touch whether it be wildcat or line him up in the backfield, ala a Peyton Hillis
    The more Sanchez hands it off to Greene inside the 7, the more effective play-action will be in the same down and distance. Back of the endzone to Keller, fade to Hill, whatever.

And maybe, just maybe, wouldn't it just be nice to be able to hand the ball off to our running back inside the 7 and score TDs like a normal offense.

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    The more Sanchez hands it off to Greene inside the 7, the more effective play-action will be in the same down and distance. Back of the endzone to Keller, fade to Hill, whatever.

And maybe, just maybe, wouldn't it just be nice to be able to hand the ball off to our running back inside the 7 and score TDs like a normal offense.

_
    and here we go...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    and here we go...
    What, now I can't give a reasoned opinion?

_

Why do people not seem to understand that Sanchez is just as effective as a runner in the red zone as Tebow? Same exact number of rushing TDs (6) as Tebow last year.

A normal QB draw, or a bootleg, with Sanchez is likely to be as effective as lining Tebow up in the Wildgimmick and having him run up the middle or off tackle.

And, with Sanchez in the game, the defense has to be in it's toes because a pass play is an actual possibility.

and here we go...
    The point about increasing the effectiveness of playaction is a good one.

Why doesn't every team direct snap the ball to a power running back when they're inside the 5?

Because there's a (perceived) better way to do it.

All League
    If the tebow package continues to look as anemic as it did sunday we won't need to worry about who gets the ball in the redzone

What, now I can't give a reasoned opinion?

_
    reasoned opinions are great.

whats not so great is what happens after 3-4 pages of going back and forth and exhausting all reasoned and reasonable opinions

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John in CT View Post
    Why do people not seem to understand that Sanchez is just as effective as a runner in the red zone as Tebow? Same exact number of rushing TDs (6) as Tebow last year.

A normal QB draw, or a bootleg, with Sanchez is likely to be as effective as lining Tebow up in the Wildgimmick and having him run up the middle or off tackle.

And, with Sanchez in the game, the defense has to be in it's toes because a pass play is an actual possibility.
    I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but I think the issues with Sanchez and the offense last year were due primarily to the line and some Schotty.

With a good line and Sparano mixing it up, we might actually have a pretty decent offense with Sanchez.

Let's see if he's the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The point about increasing the effectiveness of playaction is a good one.

That was my only point, no need to jump on me.

I'm sorry if I'm not a fan of the Read Option/Spread Option/Wildcat in the NFL.

Will it score TDs?

Probably. Doesn't mean that a conventional offense would not also score those same TDs--so lets build a conventional offense and develop some consistency.

Sheesh.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John in CT View Post

Great point.

Hall Of Fame
    reasoned opinions are great.

whats not so great is what happens after 3-4 pages of going back and forth and exhausting all reasoned and reasonable opinions
    I will now leave this thread until someone starts to troll the BS that Tebow somehow is responsible for Sanchez's demeanor, the shape he's in, his taking leadership of this team, the zip on his ball, his increased accuracy, lighting a fire under him, the success he had on Sunday, etc.

_

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Great point.
    Granted...Tebow did get those six rushing TDs in fewer starts than Sanchez.

But, point it, Sanchez has been very effective running the ball - particularly in the redzone.

To me, the only reason to use the wildcat is if the defense is giving you a particular look that you know the wildcat formation should give you an advantage in. Whether that be at mid-field or in the red-zone.

Hall Of Fame
    I will now leave this thread until someone starts to troll the BS that Tebow somehow is responsible for Sanchez's demeanor, the shape he's in, his taking leadership of this team, the zip on his ball, his increased accuracy, lighting a fire under him, the success he had on Sunday, etc.

_
    Or a dissertation on the history of the spread option offense and all its variations.....LOL