Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, and more Tebow (merged)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John in CT View Post
    Granted...Tebow did get those six rushing TDs in fewer starts than Sanchez.

But, point it, Sanchez has been very effective running the ball - particularly in the redzone.

To me, the only reason to use the wildcat is if the defense is giving you a particular look that you know the wildcat formation should give you an advantage in. Whether that be at mid-field or in the red-zone.
    True, but your point was valid.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    The more Sanchez hands it off to Greene inside the 7, the more effective play-action will be in the same down and distance. Back of the endzone to Keller, fade to Hill, whatever.

And maybe, just maybe, wouldn't it just be nice to be able to hand the ball off to our running back inside the 7 and score TDs like a normal offense.

_
    Like we did on Sunday???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I will now leave this thread until someone starts to troll the BS that Tebow somehow is responsible for Sanchez's demeanor, the shape he's in, his taking leadership of this team, the zip on his ball, his increased accuracy, lighting a fire under him, the success he had on Sunday, etc.

_
    Stop being such a little *****

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John in CT View Post
    Why do people not seem to understand that Sanchez is just as effective as a runner in the red zone as Tebow? Same exact number of rushing TDs (6) as Tebow last year.

A normal QB draw, or a bootleg, with Sanchez is likely to be as effective as lining Tebow up in the Wildgimmick and having him run up the middle or off tackle.

And, with Sanchez in the game, the defense has to be in it's toes because a pass play is an actual possibility.
    Good post

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I agree. I think the greatest value he has is inside the 10 yard line. There is a lot you can do with him in those situations. I have zero issue with using him around the goal line.
    Also in fairness to Tebow, I think once the Jets opened a big lead the Bills knew that the Jets weren't going to show the Steelers the rest of the Tebow package and that he was just going to run the ball up the middle. If I were the Jets this sunday, the first play where Tebow touches the ball I would have him throw. Even if he throws it away OB it will give the Steelers so much more to think about next time he's in a package.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Also in fairness to Tebow, I think once the Jets opened a big lead the Bills knew that the Jets weren't going to show the Steelers the rest of the Tebow package and that he was just going to run the ball up the middle. If I were the Jets this sunday, the first play where Tebow touches the ball I would have him throw. Even if he throws it away OB it will give the Steelers so much more to think about next time he's in a package.
    I can see that. I actually think the unknown is more dangerous than the known when it comes to this whole Tebow package. The threat is greater than the actual play in my opinion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see that. I actually think the unknown is more dangerous than the known when it comes to this whole Tebow package. The threat is greater than the actual play in my opinion.
    If the "Tebow package" gets us even ONE win, it's worth having.

If by the end of the year we find we never needed it, that can only be a GOOD thing because it means our offense has matured light years from where it's been the past few seasons.

Win, win . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddtoBarkum1615 View Post
    At that point, will it disrupt Sanchez's rhythm?
    Will it?

I seem to remember Mark scoring a TD after Tebow was put in for a play...

Who knows...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The whole Tebow package was useless. It did nothing but waste downs on Sunday. And is it just me or did Tebow look really slow?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't disagree. Wasn't much difference with Brad Smith. He basically threw the ball in the playoffs. That being said, I'm sure Tebow will throw the ball more than Smith did. Just not all that much more.

As the season progresses, the use of the WC/Spread (or "The Tebow") will probably be dictated by how successful it is. If its working, they'll go to it. If not, they won't.

Sunday's wasn't particularly inventive nor extensive, but I don't think they will take the ball out of Sanchez's hands all that much more than what they did.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Tebow "time"

Just thinking out loud...... but maybe use Tebow a bit differently in the upcoming games. Let Sanchez drive the ball all the way to the endzone and sprinkle in Tebow in other locations on the field. I'm not a fan of always pulling Mark inside the 20. What do you all think?

jf

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some games he'll be a decoy, others the focal point. Pretty sure we haven't shown everything yet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Some games he'll be a decoy, others the focal point. Pretty sure we haven't shown everything yet.
    as long as he is never put behind center with a planned play involving the passing of the football, pretty much anything else is OK

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    as long as he is never put behind center with a planned play involving the passing of the football, pretty much anything else is OK
    I have a feeling you are going to be very disappointed.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    I have a feeling you are going to be very disappointed.
    If we're going on feelings instead of the act that the guy lined up at TE on one play, then your feelings are the opposite of what happened.

They asked him to bulk up to 250 lbs, which he did.

Sounds like more of a running threat to me than anything.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfellow View Post
    Just thinking out loud...... but maybe use Tebow a bit differently in the upcoming games. Let Sanchez drive the ball all the way to the endzone and sprinkle in Tebow in other locations on the field. I'm not a fan of always pulling Mark inside the 20. What do you all think?

jf

I like the way we're using him just fine

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is exactly on point.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the way we use him to distract the media. Gives our important players more free time to focus on football.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If we're going on feelings instead of the act that the guy lined up at TE on one play, then your feelings are the opposite of what happened.

They asked him to bulk up to 250 lbs, which he did.

Sounds like more of a running threat to me than anything.

And they also asked him to pass the ball in the preseason, which he did. Missed quite a few, but nearly all those were either bad decisions, or easily correctable mechanic issues (put more arm behind cross body throws).

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the Jets are good the useless Tebow package will be what makes the Jets the Jets