Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, and more Tebow (merged)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    as long as he is never put behind center with a planned play involving the passing of the football, pretty much anything else is OK
    Dude you schtick is so old ... Have a sex change operation already and have Sanchez's baby ... Soon so I don't have to read your crap.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    And maybe, just maybe, wouldn't it just be nice to be able to hand the ball off to our running back inside the 7 and score TDs like a normal offense.

_
    but that wouldn't be the Jets man. we signed up for the idiosyncratic...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I can see that. I actually think the unknown is more dangerous than the known when it comes to this whole Tebow package. The threat is greater than the actual play in my opinion.
    Agreed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The whole Tebow package was useless. It did nothing but waste downs on Sunday. And is it just me or did Tebow look really slow?
    So what your saying is that you want more Tebow ? Is that right ? Just checking. I could not tell from your past 100 posts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

A Football Life: Tim Tebow

Anyone watching?

I'm watching out of sheer curiosity

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    no, no, noooooooooooooo.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm watching it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "He has the arm talent to be good at it....and even GREAT at it"

lol, that's it for me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing in watching his bronco highlights was last year, he was speedy and elusive.

This year he looks prodding and slow.

If we want to run this wildcat, tebow needs to drop the 15lbs he put on in the offseason.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Helluva story.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    One thing in watching his bronco highlights was last year, he was speedy and elusive.

This year he looks prodding and slow.

If we want to run this wildcat, tebow needs to drop the 15lbs he put on in the offseason.
    Usually it would be a head scratcher to make a "backup QB" bulk up to 250lb, but that's all the evidence i needed to see that the plan is not for him to do a lot of throwing.....

yes he does look somewhat slower than last year, but he may need the extra muscle to absorb the beating he's gonna take this year in the many roles he will play....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amusing they're trying to compare Flutie to Tebow. One was a very smart QB who could read defenses, throw the ball well, and was extremely accurate but happened to be short, the other is physically gifted and can run, and that's it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You gotta love how smart NFL Films is: They make a film about other guys and find a way to sell it by using Tebow.

Smart.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Dude you schtick is so old ... Have a sex change operation already and have Sanchez's baby ... Soon so I don't have to read your crap.
    That's a little harsh. SG's sentiments may be expressed crudely, but they are valid.

Tebow had a 37% compl. percentage in the preseason, while Sanchez was 65% and 70% against the Bills.

Why would anyone want to have a 37% passer throw the ball in a real game situation?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    And they also asked him to pass the ball in the preseason, which he did. Missed quite a few, but nearly all those were either bad decisions, or easily correctable mechanic issues (put more arm behind cross body throws).
    It's much more than that mechanically. Tebow still "hides the ball" pitcher style. When he cocks his arm back at his head the back of his hand is facing forward and the ball is sideways.

That's part of the reason it takes him about .5 seconds to release the ball while most QBs in the NFL take sub .4 seconds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    And they also asked him to pass the ball in the preseason, which he did. Missed quite a few, but nearly all those were either bad decisions, or easily correctable mechanic issues (put more arm behind cross body throws).
    Problem with that is he's in his THIRD year and still has those mechanic issues. If they were so easily correctable, they would have been by now.

As far as the preseason, I'll just say this. Most of the time in preseason, we had him throwing the ball instead of running. Now, we all know you don't show your hand in the preseason, right? Right. So, why the sudden flip? We NEVER had him pass on Sunday. Why? Because that's not what he's here to do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    So what your saying is that you want more Tebow ? Is that right ? Just checking. I could not tell from your past 100 posts.
    What, do you want me to lie and say it was a huge game changer where Tebow stole the show and scored 100 points?

Sorry, but I'm just being reality-based, and the reality is that Tebow was invisible out there and didn't help the game outside of maybe the onside kick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are they really comparing Tebow to Steve Young?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't against bringing him to the Jets since the ramifications shouldn't derail a team but I'm enamored with his passion in his faith. I didn't even know about the whole Tebow story until the Jets connection started, interesting person..JMO
    Last edited by JETFAN1; 09-13-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I think its disgusting. And I like Tebow.

Why the heck are we having a show on a "Football Life" when Tebow has done NOTHING special in the NFL!!!! (Yes I know why) Satistically he was the WORST QB in the NFL last year!!!

Winning a playoff game is nothing special, I am sorry... Nothing great enough for him to have a special on his life this is ridiculous!!!