Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm so torn....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    How far is your phone from the couch?
    was it really ghay that I LOL'd at this? I hope not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    was it really ghay that I LOL'd at this? I hope not.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Makes no sense, but it looks like the iPhone 5 will be the only VZW LTE phone that DOESN'T support simultaneous voice and data:

http://mashable.com/2012/09/13/veriz...k-even-on-lte/

Apparently you need a second radio, which all other VZW LTE smart phones have, which is why I can V&D over 3G in my Galaxy S3 too.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Currently with Sprint using a iPhone 4S. I am going to hod out until June when I can get it for $199. In 3G coverage areas, I have been able to use voice and Data at the same time with the Sprint network.

In general, I have had better data performance with Sprint, maybe because they have a smaller data customer base???

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Currently with Sprint using a iPhone 4S. I am going to hod out until June when I can get it for $199. In 3G coverage areas, I have been able to use voice and Data at the same time with the Sprint network.

In general, I have had better data performance with Sprint, maybe because they have a smaller data customer base???
    The article I referenced above says Sprint and VZW have the same single radio version, and both are CDMA networks, so would require 2 radios to do voice and data - are you sure you weren't on WiFi and Voice?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    The article I referenced above says Sprint and VZW have the same single radio version, and both are CDMA networks, so would require 2 radios to do voice and data - are you sure you weren't on WiFi and Voice?
    I dont think I was. I generally shut off wifi to save on battery consumption.