Thread: That feel when you got Stephen Hill off waivers in Fantasy Football

That feel when you got Stephen Hill off waivers in Fantasy Football

In the words of Tebow, "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!"

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

In the words of Tebow, "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!"
    I find out at midnight if I got him. Doubt it. I pick 12th in waiver order

All Pro
    In one of my leagues, I drafted him, dropped him after the preseason to pick up Kenny Britt, then picked him up again after week 1.

In the other, my co-worker (who's a Giants fan) drafted him and won't trade him to me

Yea, I had dropped him in a bunch of leagues after the preseason. Then I picked him up after Week 1 and got him in every single league (I was low on the waiver wire after winning in all but 1 NFL.com league).

Hall Of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    OH! CLASSIC PENNY!

All League
    I can pick him up, but I'd have to drop Holmes. Do it?

Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    I can pick him up, but I'd have to drop Holmes. Do it?
    Yes. Holmes isn't gonna be picked up (most likely), so you'll most likely be able to get him back any time.

Drafted him very late in my draft and everyone laughed.........

So, should we pick up Sanchez, too?

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    So, should we pick up Sanchez, too?
    If your starting QB has a bye week later in the season, Sanchez probably wouldn't be a bad option for that week. Sanchez had a solid Fantasy performance last week, so the Sanchez2Hill connection against a weaker D would be a good move.

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez2Hill
    You just gave me an idea for a new username, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    You just gave me an idea for a new username, lol.
    lol, I da bess.

We drafted in him in the 12th round of a 10 team league. Dropped him before week 1. Had the first waiver claim last night and we got Spiller AND Hill.

Anytime someone has that kind of game he's obviously worth a waiver claim/free agent add, but let's just keep the emotions in check for a minute here. The kid has played one game and someone is talking about dropping Holmes for him? With the way the plays seemed to be designed to actually get receivers in space, you really don't think Holmes is going to have a significantly better year than last season's mess? Another guy up there is fuming for dropping Hill to pick up Kenny Britt...seriously? Did you also draft Patrick Turner last year?

If you have someone droppable, I'd take a flier on Hill (especially in keeper league formats). But lets not go TOO crazy just yet with who he's worth a spot over.

Quote Originally Posted by unchartedm0nkey View Post
    Anytime someone has that kind of game he's obviously worth a waiver claim/free agent add, but let's just keep the emotions in check for a minute here. The kid has played one game and someone is talking about dropping Holmes for him? With the way the plays seemed to be designed to actually get receivers in space, you really don't think Holmes is going to have a significantly better year than last season's mess? Another guy up there is fuming for dropping Hill to pick up Kenny Britt...seriously? Did you also draft Patrick Turner last year?

If you have someone droppable, I'd take a flier on Hill (especially in keeper league formats). But lets not go TOO crazy just yet with who he's worth a spot over.
    In most leagues, I drafted good starters (Rodgers, Peyton, Brady, Brees, Megatron, etc.), but my bench was lacking. He's definitely worth a backup spot and possibly a starter roll if he can continue to have performances similar to what he had in Week 1.

Veteran
    I dont remember a time when a Jet really was worth a spot on a fantasy squad. Maybe Laverneus?

Veteran
    Claimed hill dropped Santana Moss.

All League
    I have the first waiver wire pick nothing but scraps..on the wire.
    I can get Ogletree, Hill....but I'm takin Randall Cobb.
    It's Fantasy Football not I'm a Jet fan Fantasy Football...IMHO

In most leagues, I drafted good starters (Rodgers, Peyton, Brady, Brees, Megatron, etc.), but my bench was lacking. He's definitely worth a backup spot and possibly a starter roll if he can continue to have performances similar to what he had in Week 1.
    what are you in 9 leagues? must be fun to every time a guys scores a touchdown to have him in one league and be playing him in a next. and really? that guy complaining about dropping Hill for Britt? why was Britt even a FA?