Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: That feel when you got Stephen Hill off waivers in Fantasy Football

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    That feel when he went undrafted and I picked him up during the game, and a couple of the other owners said I just beat them to it

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JI View Post
    I have the first waiver wire pick nothing but scraps..on the wire.
    I can get Ogletree, Hill....but I'm takin Randall Cobb.
    It's Fantasy Football not I'm a Jet fan Fantasy Football...IMHO
    Randall Cobb is a GREAT pickup. What's your format?
    In my 12 team, 2wr/1flex, no PPR League, Cobb was drafted in a late round...I remember the guy taking him right before I picked, and i was upset but got over it quickly cuz Evan Royster was still available and I thought I had the inside track on the next big shanny project

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    I dont remember a time when a Jet really was worth a spot on a fantasy squad. Maybe Laverneus?
    Thomas Jones was a fantasy monster in 08 and 09. I had him both years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Randall Cobb is a GREAT pickup. What's your format?
    In my 12 team, 2wr/1flex, no PPR League, Cobb was drafted in a late round...I remember the guy taking him right before I picked, and i was upset but got over it quickly cuz Evan Royster was still available and I thought I had the inside track on the next big shanny project
    I'm in a leauge with the same format as you have.
    I know everyone will be after Ogletree who will do well, but I'll get points for return yards as well as rushing and receiving yards with Cobb..
    That's why I think he's the way to go. No other receiver avalible on the wire returns Punts/Kickoffs..
    I need another RB but there is nothing worth while on the wire...with the exception of Jacquizz Rodgers...but he's still a back up to Turner and I might be able to grab him after the waiver wire passes if I'm quick..
    As well as grabbing Alshon Jeffery..that receiver is a big time sleeper for another week or so..
    I do have the only Jet worth having on my team...The Defense.
    Last edited by JI; 09-13-2012 at 03:34 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JI View Post
    I have the first waiver wire pick nothing but scraps..on the wire.
    I can get Ogletree, Hill....but I'm takin Randall Cobb.
    It's Fantasy Football not I'm a Jet fan Fantasy Football...IMHO
    Agreed.

I took R. Cobb in both of my leagues and cut P. Hillis and T. Gerhart. But in of my leagues Hill is still on the clock, just can't decide to cut V. Jackson.

Gonna take the Jets D after the Steelersgame - the Gints have to serve this week against the Bucs. :/

/e: What's your opinion: RG3 or Cam Newton? -.-
    Last edited by Green + White; 09-13-2012 at 06:03 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Agreed.

I took R. Cobb in both of my leagues and cut P. Hillis and T. Gerhart. But in of my leagues Hill is still on the clock, just can't decide to cut V. Jackson.

Gonna take the Jets D after the Steelersgame - the Gints have to serve this week against the Bucs. :/

/e: What's your opinion: RG3 or Cam Newton? -.-
    The Jets D is on waivers in your league???

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    That feeling when you trade up to acquire a late first round pick in your dynasty league rookie draft to select Hill, and now own him as a free keeper for the next three years.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hill's production is going to drop quickly then fall off almost completely as the season goes on. You can bet he's going to get shutdown this sunday.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Hill's production is going to drop quickly then fall off almost completely as the season goes on. You can bet he's going to get shutdown this sunday.
    For the Jets as a team, focusing on Hill's production to gauge his value will be a mistake.....I think the best thing about Hill's debut wasn't so much what he provided statistically, but what those numbers mean to how others will have to respect his speed and ability to burn them going forward.

He's going to open things up for Tone, by commanding double teams....as well as open things up underneath for the likes of Kerley and Keller, by stretching the defense. He'll also provide tremendous value to the run game, in a similar manner than Braylon's presence alone, used to.

That said, in a thread about fantasy production, I tend to agree that people shouldn't get out of hand with their expectations for Hill production wise this year.....his primary value could ultimately come from plays where he isn't even targeted this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    The Jets D is on waivers in your league???
    Yeah, 10 man league: BAL, CHI, HOU, GB, NE, SF, DET, CIN, NYG and PIT are taken.

PHI just got available because one guy switched to the Bengals (bc vs. CLE). I know the Giants D is worse, but I don't want to switch to the Jets right now, since the they're are playing against TB.
    Last edited by Green + White; 09-13-2012 at 01:00 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    For the Jets as a team, focusing on Hill's production to gauge his value will be a mistake.....I think the best thing about Hill's debut wasn't so much what he provided statistically, but what those numbers mean to how others will have to respect his speed and ability to burn them going forward.

He's going to open things up for Tone, by commanding double teams....as well as open things up underneath for the likes of Kerley and Keller, by stretching the defense. He'll also provide tremendous value to the run game, in a similar manner than Braylon's presence alone, used to.

That said, in a thread about fantasy production, I tend to agree that people shouldn't get out of hand with their expectations for Hill production wise this year.....his primary value could ultimately come from plays where he isn't even targeted this year.
    I have a feeling it will go back and forth. Those plays Sunday were designed with Hill as the number one option. Sporano new they would be shading Santonio. Holmes was very close to having a big game as well anyway. Once they get some more practice time those throws to Holmes will connect. They can't double everyone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, 10 man league: BAL, CHI, HOU, GB, NE, SF, DET, CIN, NYG and PIT are taken.

PHI just got available because one guy switched to the Bengals (bc vs. CLE). I know the Giants D is worse, but I don't want to switch to the Jets right now, since the they're are playing against TB.
    Who would take GBs defense? TB played pretty well last week. The Giants did not. The Giants will get sacks, but give up yardage, and points. Factor in Pittsburgh's Oline and it's a ? The Jets Defense will be gone by next week. Phily is probably already gone. GB, Cincy, and NE will all be available. I would either take Phily, or the Jets.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 09-13-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drafted Hill and Sanchez and both were on my bench

I did start Greene over MJD tho.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Who would take GBs defense? TB played pretty well last week. The Giants did not.
    Some people are blindly trusting cheat sheets?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those plays Sunday were designed with Hill as the number one option. Sporano new they would be shading Santonio.
    Actually according to Sparano, Hill's two biggest plays...the 33 yard TD, and the 27 yard flea flicker, were both on plays that were originally drawn up with Santonio as the primary option.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j3ts83 View Post
    what are you in 9 leagues? must be fun to every time a guys scores a touchdown to have him in one league and be playing him in a next. and really? that guy complaining about dropping Hill for Britt? why was Britt even a FA?
    Wasn't complaining at all, and I now I have them both

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Actually according to Sparano, Hill's two biggest plays...the 33 yard TD, and the 27 yard flea flicker, were both on plays that were originally drawn up with Santonio as the primary option.
    You're right on those, but the beginning of the game was all Hill, I guess to catch them by surprise, and his other TD was actually the same play that bounced of his chest for a int in the preseason. Also Santonio had those two plays that could have went for big yardage if their timing wasn't off, plus the one that was reviewed. If they hit 2 of those Santonio is player of the week...or Sanchez is.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right on those, but the beginning of the game was all Hill, I guess to catch them by surprise, and his other TD was actually the same play that bounced of his chest for a int in the preseason. Also Santonio had those two plays that could have went for big yardage if their timing wasn't off, plus the one that was reviewed. If they hit 2 of those Santonio is player of the week...or Sanchez is.
    One thing I was real encouraged by was that after Hill had a pass bounce of his hands on the first series......Mark went right back to him on third down the next series to get a first down. The fact Mark had the confidence to target him on that next series while in coverage, was a nice sign that both he and the coaches really believe in the kid.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did not want to waste a waiver claim on hill so i passed. Luckily, he cleared waivers and i added him and dropped greg little.

So i got hill and kept my spot on waivers. Best of both worlds.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

R u kidding? Jets D is money in fantasy most weeks. Have you seen the late season schedule? Get them and don't look back.