Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do We Now Have The Fastest Receiver Corp in the League?

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Kerley has moves, rarely goes down on first contact and gets YAC, even though he is a slot WR, he can potentially break one every time he touches the ball.

This kid does not get the respect he deserves as an offensive weapon, Kerley reminds me of Leon Washington - in a WR.
    Completely agree....and it isnt said enough on the board about what kerley is now and what he could be.

This offseason there was a lot of chatter that we dont develop playmakers/young guys etc. and often antonio brown was brought up. Is there any doubt that kerley can be as good as brown?

kerley 29 314 1 td
    Brown 16 167 0 td

Browns numbers then take a leapp to 69 catches for 1100+ yards. Kerley put up 4 for 45 on sunday.....4 catches per game comes up to 64 catches this season . Im not saying that is a definite for the kid, but the talent is there, and all this doesnt take into account what he brings to the table in the return game.

Anyway, bottom line....he has a ton of football talent, seems to know how to get open and run with the ball. Great pick in the 5th by Tanny!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post

Our running game should improve dramatically, because of the threat of our down field passing game.
    So after just one game, the Jets have a downfield passing game?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So after just one game, the Jets have a downfield passing game?
    Im not about to start comparing this year's Jets to the '99 Rams, but I think we had more downfield plays/attempts on Sunday than we did all of last season

Fastest? Ummm what?

Our WRs looked good in week 1. Let's just build off that. They aren't the most elite group in the league because they shredded a bottom 5 secondary. Everyone take a deep breath...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Perhaps because he is a tempermental primadonna doosh who has exhibited no patience with the young QB.

-
    Sanchez is not a young QB anymore. This is year 4.

Lat year our offense was one giant bruised vagina. Plenty of blame to go around.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Fastest? Ummm what?

Our WRs looked good in week 1. Let's just build off that. They aren't the most elite group in the league because they shredded a bottom 5 secondary. Everyone take a deep breath...
    Thanks Einstein. LOL, Where did anyone say our WR were elite? They are young, fast, somewhat raw, extremely talented and motivated. The go up against the best secondary in football everyday in practice so I think they will be okay.

We really don't know just how good they can be but I am sick of tired of the "lets take a deep breath" crowd. You take a deep breath if you need to, I will get excited imagining the possibilities for this group as the season progresses.

Holmes isn't fast, Gates is a non factor, schilens is a walking band aid, kerley is not super fast (though he is elusive.)

Hill is our fast guy.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So after just one game, the Jets have a down field passing game?
    Yes; thanks for playing. This not Shotty's predictable offense any more, as your team will find out soon enough.

Thanks Einstein. LOL, Where did anyone say our WR were elite? They are young, fast, somewhat raw, extremely talented and motivated. The go up against the best secondary in football everyday in practice so I think they will be okay.

We really don't know just how good they can be but I am sick of tired of the "lets take a deep breath" crowd. You take a deep breath if you need to, I will get excited imagining the possibilities for this group as the season progresses.
    The Truth!!

Yes; thanks for playing. This not Shotty's predictable offense any more, as your team will find out soon enough.
    LOL

All Pro
    I don't really care if they are or aren't the fastest group in the league because that's kind of irrelevant.

Speed isn't everything at WR.

The Jets WRs have enough speed. As long as Kerley and Hill work on maturing as players and work on the nuances of the position, they have the potential to be great.

Kerley and Holmes aren't that fast... Prolly both 4.5 guys.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    fear the Clowney.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I don't really care if they are or aren't the fastest group in the league because that's kind of irrelevant.

Speed isn't everything at WR.

The Jets WRs have enough speed. As long as Kerley and Hill work on maturing as players and work on the nuances of the position, they have the potential to be great.
    I agree of course speed is not everything but if you have the choice between having players with game breaking speed and those without, I think you will chose the speed everytime. It is far from irrelevant. It is very early but I think you will see Gates have a role in this offense and if you think speed is irrelevant you will be in for a very pleasant surprise when you see him blowing by defenders.

Kerley is more quick than fast but Hill is a mismatch waiting to happen. Holmes is still fast, probably 4.4. If Schilens can stay healthy he can also stretch the field. When is the last time the Jets had 3 players on the active roster (just a matter of time before Gates is activated) with 4.3 speed? The fact that both Hill and Schilens are also 6'4 and in Hills case very physical gives them a whole additional dimension.

We have to see how everything plays out but I have a very good feeling about this group,.

All League
    NO?

All League
    This is assuming Gates is...:
    Stopped reading after noticing avatar...

All Pro
    I agree of course speed is not everything but if you have the choice between having players with game breaking speed and those without, I think you will chose the speed everytime. It is far from irrelevant. It is very early but I think you will see Gates have a role in this offense and if you think speed is irrelevant you will be in for a very pleasant surprise when you see him blowing by defenders.

Kerley is more quick than fast but Hill is a mismatch waiting to happen. Holmes is still fast, probably 4.4. If Schilens can stay healthy he can also stretch the field. When is the last time the Jets had 3 players on the active roster (just a matter of time before Gates is activated) with 4.3 speed? The fact that both Hill and Schilens are also 6'4 and in Hills case very physical gives them a whole additional dimension.

We have to see how everything plays out but I have a very good feeling about this group,.
    Most NFL WRs are 4.4 or 4.5 guys (so are CBs). So assuming the players are fast enough, and to make it in this league they have to be... straight line speed is the most overrated attribute for WRs. Every year we see a WR who blows up the combine with a 4.2 or low 4.3 and he fails to make an impact in the league because speed is all he's got.

I'll take quickness and smarts over straight line speed any day. Guys like Kerley and Holmes have it. I'm happy to have them. Guys like Gates and Dexter Jackson often rely too much on speed and have trouble running routes/getting open. DBs get paid too and they're also very fast most of the time. You can't expect to just run past them like in college ball.

Mike Wallace and DeSean Jackson do that, but they also have elite quickness and the smarts to get open on top of high end speed.

I really do hope you're right about Gates though.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    That title belongs to Oakland...when they're all healthy.
    No No thats why we brought over Sanjay Lal from Oakland... he is going to recruiter Oakland speed to the Jets every year... lol