Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any of you *****s wondering what this is all about?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Heh?

Since when is southslide so exestential?
    +1

At 12:44am I'm asking myself "Why am I awake," not "Why am I here?"

All League
    Did anyone check on philosophicalside this morning? Make sure he's not at the end of a rope in his closet?

Doesn't he live in Atlanta? Maybe Kelvin can check on him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I'm not in that kind of state of mind. If anything it's more of a "what the hell is the point" to all of this type of mind.

Buy this. Borrow for that. Save for retirement. Blame x,y,z for problems.

This entire world seems backwards anymore. All anyone wants is your money. They want you to be in debt. They want you to let them get rich off your "retirement" money so that in the end the people up top can just take it all anyway. Want that money out of your 401K? How about a nice tax up the ass-hole to get it!

Seriously, what's the point? Live. Breathe. Eat. Work. Possibly find someone that doesn't make you miserable. Find someone that eventually makes you miserable but you didn't pull out and that b!tch lied about birth control so now you have a 18 year payment plan. Work 60 hours a week to spend your only free time being distracted with pro sports and hypnotized into hating your "rival" team.

Meanwhile there are horrible injustices in the world, the rich and powerful are literally stealing everything that you own on paper (ie banks, funds, etc...) while they distract you with politics. Really all they are doing is taking turns by playing one side vs the other over and over and over while they pass laws to empower corporations to continue stealing resources.

But here I am, supposed to follow the mold. Work hard, save money (so the money can disappear later in a paper trail), buy a house (helping mortgage and bank fraud), find a partner (who is brainwashed by propaganda 24/7 of what married life is "supposed" to be like or what you are entitled to own), have a couple kids (costs thousands... better have insurance), then raise those kids to hopefully be smart enough to get into higher education (college, which you will pay for... thousands per semester), and then watch your kid go through the same bullsh!t cycle while you wonder how the fck your life savings could disappear at the drop of a hat.

I'm not unstable my friend, I'm looking at the big picture.
    totally understand, and agree to a point.

But that's life on this planet unfortunately. We do ok technologically, but we're a very immature, somewhat crappy species. We're like the galaxy's 12 year old girls.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Sh!t just got real

Hall Of Fame
    Sounds like none of you built it.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    There is no point. You are born, you live, you procreate, you die...then you become worm food.
    in the purely biological sense, PlumberKrack is right.

the meaning of life, in its most basic form, is just more life. the primary reason for a human or any other organism to exist is to procreate and therefore contribute to the perpetuation of its species.

alas, humans require a mate in order to reproduce -- which would explain downside's confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    in the purely biological sense, PlumberKrack is right.

the meaning of life, in its most basic form, is just more life. the primary reason for a human or any other organism to exist is to procreate and therefore contribute to the perpetuation of its species.

alas, humans require a mate in order to reproduce -- which would explain downside's confusion.
    Holy philosophical burn batman!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Seriously, what the hell are we doing here? People live their lives, miserable. All they do is complain about their families, their past, their foreseeable future. Is anyone really content? Is anyone really happy with their lot in life? Is it really that satisfying or do you feel like there should be something more and we're just here to live out some sad existence where we are bound to encounter painful tragedies time and time again.

I don't know. Enlighten me, but most of you jerks seem to be going through the motions too.

Back on the sauce, huh?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Assignment for Cro:

Photoshop southslide as Forrest Gump jogging out in front of 20 hampurites.

He gets it, man.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WaffleShark View Post
    Sh!t just got real
    every time I see your username get the visual of a blue waffle

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Gross. Stop that. No.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    +1.

_

There is no point. You are born, you live, you procreate, you die...then you become worm food. There's no mystical place in the sky that the ghost in your body floats away to upon death.

Life has no "meaning". We're all just organisms on a planet with trillions and trillions of other organisms. We're not special...anymore than a single ant in your front lawn is "special".

Sure...people want to be remembered, but what's the point? It's not like you're gonna be around to see whether or not you get remembered. And even if you weren't, what difference does it make?
    This.

And really, all the "woe is me they're all controlling me and want me in debt" whining is just that, whining. No one controls you, if anything you, me, we allow ourself to be controlled because it's easier and more comfortable. We have choice over the course of our life and how we choose to live it.

If you do not like your current lot in life, then stop posting on an internet message board about it, stand up and take action to change it. Nothing will behanded to you, nor should it. If you want change, make change.

All of which, of course, is far easier said than done for the average head, hence why so few of us actually do it, myself included in the "not really doing it" group too, sadly. That doesn't change the truth of things.

TLDR: Life exists to create another generation of life, but the level of enjoyment you get to experience between start and finish is up to you. So make the most of it while you can and screw the haters.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    +1.

_
    Maybe I'll change the avatar to a pic of that...make the visual easier for all. that would go smashingly well...Eck

Hall Of Fame
    I think the tag sums it up.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

There is no point. You are born, you live, you procreate, you die...then you become worm food. There's no mystical place in the sky that the ghost in your body floats away to upon death.
    So you're saying the gods suck?

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    So you're saying the gods suck?
    This post soooo multidimensionally gets it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WaffleShark View Post
    Maybe I'll change the avatar to a pic of that...make the visual easier for all. that would go smashingly well...Eck
    I will come at you with a great vengeance. Now let me eat my grilled salmon in peace

Just got done reading the responses, and I must say it's been an interesting exercise. I find it interesting that some have found happiness in their families, some have found comfort in accepting man's overall fate, some have a little bit of both. I think the differing opinions on what life means to them has been the most intriguing result of this exploration.

And of course a few hampuresque jokes. I'd call this a success thus far.

I found it interesting that man's longing for "forever" or immortality was rarely brought up as I think that is one of the biggest factors in the human psyche that motivates fears and successes. Interesting as well the thought that life is painful and death exists in order to give life importance. Never thought of that before but it would then make for a special meaning.

As could be seen, I have a very bleak outlook on today's society and how the world is forcing man to conform into the mold. Riddled with selfishness, greed, and shocking horrors I believe that the pattern currently set can not and will not sustain itself. That said, one can't help but wonder what the hell all of this is for. All of these solutions begs the question, why? From the religious aspect, what's the point of being born into pain and atrocities only to live a short amount of time on the planet all while dealing with the stresses of life and knowing your eventual end? What's the point? To one day tell your Creator, hey look at how I responded to this horrible situation I was put in? Does an Almighty Creator really need such reassurance?

How about the fact that we're only here to perpetuate a life cycle. Ok, well if that is the case then why are we the only beings that can contemplate our existence? And why is it that we have so many questions and no answers if we already know that it's merely to keep spreading the seed and keep churning the human race? There's no point to having this intellectual ability and in fact works against the very natural laws that sustain life. Does an ant, a virus, a bear, etc contemplate it's existence and wonder why? No, they are instinctual. They have triggers for existence. They continue their existence just fine without having the ability to reason, "Why us? Why here? Why now?" So it doesn't make any sense that our only existence would be to continue having children and perpetuating that life cycle. The fact that we can even identify that as a possible answer would leave one to think it couldn't be the answer because life continuing by any means necessary would be threatened by the fact that you could identify that power and effectively eliminate it if you chose. Instinctual reproduction can not be the reason we are here and if it was mankind wouldn't have developed the pleasure of eliminating each other's existence since we would all be living by the same burning desire to keep life going at all costs.

This is fun.
    Last edited by southside; 09-13-2012 at 01:52 PM.