Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any of you *****s wondering what this is all about?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Just got done reading the responses, and I must say it's been an interesting exercise. I find it interesting that some have found happiness in their families, some have found comfort in accepting man's overall fate, some have a little bit of both. I think the differing opinions on what life means to them has been the most intriguing result of this exploration.

And of course a few hampuresque jokes. I'd call this a success thus far.

I found it interesting that man's longing for "forever" or immortality was rarely brought up as I think that is one of the biggest factors in the human psyche that motivates fears and successes. Interesting as well the thought that life is painful and death exists in order to give life importance. Never thought of that before but it would then make for a special meaning.

As could be seen, I have a very bleak outlook on today's society and how the world is forcing man to conform into the mold. Riddled with selfishness, greed, and shocking horrors I believe that the pattern currently set can not and will not sustain itself. That said, one can't help but wonder what the hell all of this is for. All of these solutions begs the question, why? From the religious aspect, what's the point of being born into pain and atrocities only to live a short amount of time on the planet all while dealing with the stresses of life? What's the point? To one day tell your Creator, hey look at how I responded to this horrible situation I was put in? Does an Almighty Creator really need such reassurance?

How about the fact that we're only here to perpetuate a life cycle. Ok, well if that is the case then why are we the only beings that can contemplate our existence? And why is it that we have so many questions and no answers if we already know that it's merely to keep spreading the seed and keep churning the human race? There's no point to having this intellectual ability and in fact works against the very natural laws that sustain life. Does an ant, a virus, a bear, etc contemplate it's existence and wonder why? No, they are instinctual. They have triggers for existence. They continue their existence just fine without having the ability to reason, "Why us? Why here? Why now?" So it doesn't make any sense that our only existence would be to continue having children and perpetuating that life cycle. The fact that we can even identify that as a possible answer would leave one to think it couldn't be the answer because life continuing by any means necessary would be threatened by the fact that you could identify that power and effectively eliminate it if you chose. Instinctual reproduction can not be the reason we are here and if it was mankind wouldn't have developed the pleasure of eliminating each other's existence since we would all be living by the same burning desire to keep life going at all costs.

This is fun.
    Jeebus, now I want to kill myself.

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

-
    Don't do that. That's not the point of this exercise.

All League

-
    I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

getting creepy now...

All League
    I think psychoside has ditched booze and taken up acid instead.

Mods please move to the misery forum.

I'd REALLY like to get DWCs thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I'd REALLY like to get DWCs thoughts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Just got done reading the responses, and I must say it's been an interesting exercise. I find it interesting that some have found happiness in their families, some have found comfort in accepting man's overall fate, some have a little bit of both. I think the differing opinions on what life means to them has been the most intriguing result of this exploration.

I found it interesting that man's longing for "forever" or immortality was rarely brought up as I think that is one of the biggest factors in the human psyche that motivates fears and successes. Interesting as well the thought that life is painful and death exists in order to give life importance. Never thought of that before but it would then make for a special meaning.

As could be seen, I have a very bleak outlook on today's society and how the world is forcing man to conform into the mold. Riddled with selfishness, greed, and shocking horrors I believe that the pattern currently set can not and will not sustain itself. That said, one can't help but wonder what the hell all of this is for. All of these solutions begs the question, why? From the religious aspect, what's the point of being born into pain and atrocities only to live a short amount of time on the planet all while dealing with the stresses of life and knowing your eventual end? What's the point? To one day tell your Creator, hey look at how I responded to this horrible situation I was put in? Does an Almighty Creator really need such reassurance?

How about the fact that we're only here to perpetuate a life cycle. Ok, well if that is the case then why are we the only beings that can contemplate our existence? And why is it that we have so many questions and no answers if we already know that it's merely to keep spreading the seed and keep churning the human race? There's no point to having this intellectual ability and in fact works against the very natural laws that sustain life. Does an ant, a virus, a bear, etc contemplate it's existence and wonder why? No, they are instinctual. They have triggers for existence. They continue their existence just fine without having the ability to reason, "Why us? Why here? Why now?" So it doesn't make any sense that our only existence would be to continue having children and perpetuating that life cycle. The fact that we can even identify that as a possible answer would leave one to think it couldn't be the answer because life continuing by any means necessary would be threatened by the fact that you could identify that power and effectively eliminate it if you chose. Instinctual reproduction can not be the reason we are here and if it was mankind wouldn't have developed the pleasure of eliminating each other's existence since we would all be living by the same burning desire to keep life going at all costs.

This is fun.
    Who's typing all this **** for you? You sound like a chick.

Anyone got a manpon for south?

I'm pretty content with life. I'm thankful to be alive and for my family (even though we fight, yell, or curse each other out).
    CIRCLE OF LIFE ... Hakuna Matata B***es!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I think psychoside has ditched booze and taken up acid instead.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOvwc8_QXiY

Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life.

This is necessary.

Jets Insider VIP

-
    oooooh, this IS fun!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    I'm pretty content with life. I'm thankful to be alive and for my family (even though we fight, yell, or curse each other out).
    CIRCLE OF LIFE ... Hakuna Matata B***es!
    any reason why one of your boobs is so prominently displayed in your avatar pic?

I've always found solace and comfort in such things.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    any reason why one of your boobs is so prominently displayed in your avatar pic?

I've always found solace and comfort in such things.
    The other one is being covered by my hair... it was really hot on Sunday I needed some air .

How about the fact that we're only here to perpetuate a life cycle. Ok, well if that is the case then why are we the only beings that can contemplate our existence?
    1. We're not (for sure). There are trillions of stars in the Universe, and the odds all but guarantee other sentient life exists, probably in an assortment of places and forms in the Universe.

2. We can "contemplate our existence" because we have the mental functionality to do so, because that came along with evolutionary gains made in metal faculties that better allowed our species to adapt, and thrive, and reproduce. We do MORE contemplation now, because we've been so good at adapting and thriving, that we no longer think of real bad and real good, but the shallow and laughable "bad" we rich overfed, overcomfortble humans think of these days.

And why is it that we have so many questions and no answers if we already know that it's merely to keep spreading the seed and keep churning the human race?
    We have so many questions because we have so much free time to ponder them (i.e. to waste time on things not related to continuing our existence). Think of it as a side effect of being SO good at evolution, we can now spare a massive amount of effort once spent on just hunting and gathering and not getting eaten, on persuits like "whinging about life on the internet".

I assure you, if a Tiger was chasing you right now, you're not pondering your existence for long.

There's no point to having this intellectual ability and in fact works against the very natural laws that sustain life.
    Sure there is, and the evidence is everywhere. We're thought our way (mostly) past evolution, beyond it. we beat the house, beat the system. Our brains did that.

The fact they also brought along a lot of free time to "think deep thoughts" and all that comes with is a very modern, very American, very spoiled-confortable-life side effect.

Does an ant, a virus, a bear, etc contemplate it's existence and wonder why? No, they are instinctual.
    Because they did not evolve higher mental functions as yet.

They continue their existence just fine without having the ability to reason, "Why us? Why here? Why now?" So it doesn't make any sense that our only existence would be to continue having children and perpetuating that life cycle.
    Silly human egocentrism and hubris. We "MUST" be different/special.

We're not. We're just smarter animals who got the right evolutionary roll of the dice and beat the house, the 1 in a trillion winner.

Reading more into it that that is foolish projectionism or faith.

This is fun.
    I'll take your word on that.

Bewildered Beast
    What exercise? When I exercise there is a bubbly blonde with a pony tail; this thread has nothing remotely bubbly.

I want my money back, Eeyore.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    So you're saying the gods suck?
    +1

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

As could be seen, I have a very bleak outlook on today's society and how the world is forcing man to conform into the mold. Riddled with selfishness, greed, and shocking horrors I believe that the pattern currently set can not and will not sustain itself. That said, one can't help but wonder what the hell all of this is for. All of these solutions begs the question, why? From the religious aspect, what's the point of being born into pain and atrocities only to live a short amount of time on the planet all while dealing with the stresses of life and knowing your eventual end? What's the point? To one day tell your Creator, hey look at how I responded to this horrible situation I was put in? Does an Almighty Creator really need such reassurance?

This is fun.
    Don't be so pessimistic, pally. There's always prostitutes

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Don't be so pessimistic, pally. There's always prostitutes
    Tiger would. But back on topic; I think southside should invest in a couple of pallets of Horny Goat Weed; the kind Jim Rome used to shill. I'm thinking that the libidinous distraction should last until his mid forties, when he will become impotent and have lots of time to bother other people with his views (since loosening his grip on reality).

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    The other one is being covered by my hair... it was really hot on Sunday I needed some air .
    understanable.

"its the kind of feel-good picture people will be lining up for!"

I borrowed that from today's paper, in the movie section. seemed apropos. cheers.

Jets Insider VIP
    southside has become Dwayne Hall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGPcSd7DDLk