Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Francessa Falls Asleep

All Pro
    I listened at work today. Like 4 people pranked him on it from 1-3 pm

One guy made a long point about Robbie Cano being lazy and at the end goes "Its like hes half-asleep out there"

Some guy called and said he had insomnia recently and asked if he could talk to Sweeney Murti at night.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    I listened at work today. Like 4 people pranked him on it from 1-3 pm

One guy made a long point about Robbie Cano being lazy and at the end goes "Its like hes half-asleep out there"

Some guy called and said he had insomnia recently and asked if he could talk to Sweeney Murti at night.
    LMAO everyone is killing him

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by mluongo View Post
    http://www.telly.com/B1CSX

caller taunts francesa about falling asleep.
    lol what a dick

WFAN brass should grow some balls and fire him. Or, at the very least, make him team up with a partner. Listening to him sit alone by himself drone on and on is torture. As goofy as Mad Dog was, at least he livened up the show.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    LMAO everyone is killing him
    He could have made it all go away by laughing it off, but he takes himself sooooo seriously. I love it. I never had the slightest urge to call his show, but now I'd love to prank him good.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    He could have made it all go away by laughing it off, but he takes himself sooooo seriously. I love it. I never had the slightest urge to call his show, but now I'd love to prank him good.

-
    I hope the prank calls keep coming. I'd love to be listening three months from now, deep into December, and I hear a call go like this:

"Steve in Bayside, you're on the FAN"

:: Hey Mike, I want to talk about the NFL playoffs for a second ::

"Go ahead"

"Steve you there?"

"Steve going once, going twice--"

:: Oh, sorry Mike, I just drifted off there. You know how that is::

I hope the prank calls keep coming. I'd love to be listening three months from now, deep into December, and I hear a call go like this:

"Steve in Bayside, you're on the FAN"

:: Hey Mike, I want to talk about the NFL playoffs for a second ::

"Go ahead"

"Steve you there?"

"Steve going once, going twice--"

:: Oh, sorry Mike, I just drifted off there. You know how that is::

Veteran
    He's just a giant piece of sh!t. Unworthy he is, ignore him you must.(yoda)

lol what a dick

WFAN brass should grow some balls and fire him. Or, at the very least, make him team up with a partner. Listening to him sit alone by himself drone on and on is torture. As goofy as Mad Dog was, at least he livened up the show.
    Why should he be fired? Like he said, he gets paid a fortune to sit there and do what he does, which is what most of the geniuses that have posted in this thread don't seem to realize, or the fact that their listening in and getting all riled up about stupid things like this contributes to it. So in the end, who really gets the last laugh that he dozed off for 10 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Why should he be fired? Like he said, he gets paid a fortune to sit there and do what he does, which is what most of the geniuses that have posted in this thread don't seem to realize, or the fact that their listening in and getting all riled up about stupid things like this contributes to it. So in the end, who really gets the last laugh that he dozed off for 10 seconds?
    Fatboy's contract expires in a couple years. If the suits at WFAN have a brain in their heads they'll let this dull, obese POS walk and put Boningo in the drive-time slot where he'll get the same ratings at a fraction of the cost.

As far as him dozing off during his own show it just proves the point the man is so boring he puts himself to sleep.

Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    hysterical

good. A reason to enjoy his show now. Callers ripping on him to me is radio gold.

Revis needs to call him and give him the business like Fatass did to him last year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    LOL at the comments

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead View Post
    Callers ripping on him to me is radio gold.

-

Somebody just called in and said something about Artie Lange falling asleep on the air years ago, which of course angered Mike, and then he asked the caller if he went back to Artie and told him that he pranked Mike, if he would get some kind of prize from Artie. The caller responded (and it was kind of hard to hear for sure) "Yeah, he gives me a blumpkin." Hopefully the video will make it to youtube so we can find out for sure, but that's what it sounded like the caller said and Mike had no response to it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Somebody just called in and said something about Artie Lange falling asleep on the air years ago, which of course angered Mike, and then he asked the caller if he went back to Artie and told him that he pranked Mike, if he would get some kind of prize from Artie. The caller responded (and it was kind of hard to hear for sure) "Yeah, he gives me a blumpkin." Hopefully the video will make it to youtube so we can find out for sure, but that's what it sounded like the caller said and Mike had no response to it lol.
    LMAO. Please make this be what he said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Back several years ago, I won tickets to opening day at Yankee Stadium from the Fan. I had to drive over to their studio in Astoria. The studio was in the basement and the guy directed me to an elevator.

This was back when Maddog was still on the show and it was just a few minutes before they went on the air. Maddog was already there and even said hello to me while I was getting my tickets. The studio was very small and I noticed that fatso wasn't there yet and it was about 2 minutes before they went on the air.

As I was leaving, the elevator door opened and there was Mike with a Big Gulp and he was totally out of breath and panting like he had just run the NYC Marathon. Fat bastard got winded riding the elevator.

I just laughed at the sight of him as he walked past me. Always thought he was a doosh but I liked Maddog.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    No, he's good.
    LOL

And ...no eight count. Ref blows the whistle; Jet fans come out of their corner, swinging wildly at Francessa, who looks like he'd rather be asleep.