Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sources (???) say Tebow may ask for trade after season

Sources (???) say Tebow may ask for trade after season

Per New York Daily News

An NFL source tells the Daily News that Tim Tebow could ask for a trade following this season.

This is a case of connecting the dots, not a report from Tebow's camp. He is a highly competitive guy that wants to start. And if Week 1 is a sign of things to come, Mark Sanchez isn't going to relinquish the starting job this season. So the source suggests that Tebow, who won't hit free agency until 2015, will ask for a ticket out of town. This will probably be a moot point because we anticipate Week 1 being Sanchez's finest performance of the season.
    What's the "source"?

So much wrong with the last sentence.

Thoughts?

All League
    Plaxico.

Wtf? What hack wrote this on Daily News? Mehta?? Talk about reaching and baseless speculation.

I would love if he asked for a trade, send him to Jax for a 7th rd pick now.

Source says he "Could" ask for a trade? Useless piece of info...Anyone COULD do anything. I could be the source and say that Sanchez COULD ask for a trade after this season as well. He probably won't, but he absolutely could.

Veteran
    Yeah, new NFL rule. Tebow's changing team every season, so the whole country can enjoy the (media) circus. Next stop West Coast?

Would a single Jet fan on the planet care if Tebow wanted out? He brings nothing to the table but the circus. I already said I would have cut him after week 1, but if they can get something back in a trade, all the better.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Trade to who? He's already on the team that is most receptive to giving him QB snaps (pseudo QB snaps or not). Where does he want to go to?

Perhaps he could work a trade to Navy - he'd fit their offense to a T.

I think the source must have been one of his many followers

Maybe someone from this board

Jets Insider VIP
    There's a huge market for punt protectors these days. Maybe we can get a couple of first rounders.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Would a single Jet fan on the planet care if Tebow wanted out? He brings nothing to the table but the circus. I already said I would have cut him after week 1, but if they can get something back in a trade, all the better.
    Hey Greene - at some point this season, you'll be eating those words.

Trust me.

Hall Of Fame
    This is good news if true. Tebow probably thinks Sanchez is going to play well this season therefore eliminating his chance at becoming a starting QB. Tebow wants to be a QB. Full-time.

Only problem is that Gabbert looked good as well on Sunday. We might not have a trade partner.

Mike T is gonna net us a second round pick. Some team out there (?) is gonna pony up to get this guy in and run the wildcat and maybe throw it around like he did in Denver. Plus he'll always grab headlines, and let's not act as if Woody/Mike T are the only ones interested in the attention.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    we remember.

All Pro
    You guys this is isn't true, it's not a rumor, it's just a "I can see a scenario where...."

For a group of individuals who claim to hate the media circus show - y'all are just as fcking bad. ...."hey! someone said something!! let's believe it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Wtf? What hack wrote this on Daily News? Mehta?? Talk about reaching and baseless speculation.
    The hack, Myers...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1158125

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    You guys this is isn't true, it's not a rumor, it's just a "I can see a scenario where...."

For a group of individuals who claim to hate the media circus show - y'all are just as fcking bad. ...."hey! someone said something!! let's believe it!!"
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Not for nothing but that isn't a terrible article by any stretch (not saying you implied that). If he feels there is an opportunity for him to be a starter than he should move on. Many players do the same thing.

Why do you think he came here in the first place? He thought he would have a chance to become the QB.

This is a non-issue other than it is Tebow and the Jets.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

He should have gone to Jacksonville to begin with, the crazies there would already be running Gabbert out of town. Surely Tebow and God would have made the difference in a close game week one.

Wow, a totally speculative piece yet worthy of being printed in that rag. Yes, Tebow is highly competitive but he hasn't shown that he is an NFL QB. I seriously doubt anyone will want him after this year, a year removed from his starting gig. And Week 1 is gonna be Mark Sanchez's best performance? Really, it's all downhill from here for the Sanchize?