Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84

Thread: Sources (???) say Tebow may ask for trade after season

  1. #41
    Let me start by stating I like Tebow here and think he'll help the team and would love to keep him in his current role...

    But this article is ridiculous. Sure Tebow wants to start but there isn't a team in the league that's going to bring Tebow in to be #1 QB...His best case scenario is to compete with another QB for the job, which he'll almost certainly lose.

    Tebow is going to be a change of pace, option QB that can play situation football and help whatever team he's on. He must be beginning to realize that.

    The media will stop with this BS once people stop caring and begin to recognize what Tebow is...

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,724
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    The last sentence is pure douchery. They are trying to connect the dots and could care less if he's traded but the Jets better get a 4th round pick back!
    I don't see that last sentence anywhere in Myers article.

    In any event, who cares. Life will go on without Tebow. And we will no longer have Demontheses around. It's a win-win.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Let me start by stating I like Tebow here and think he'll help the team and would love to keep him in his current role...

    But this article is ridiculous. Sure Tebow wants to start but there isn't a team in the league that's going to bring Tebow in to be #1 QB...His best case scenario is to compete with another QB for the job, which he'll almost certainly lose.

    Tebow is going to be a change of pace, option QB that can play situation football and help whatever team he's on. He must be beginning to realize that.

    The media will stop with this BS once people stop caring and begin to recognize what Tebow is...


    Thing is, we really haven't seen what kind of progression Tebow has or hasn't made yet. We saw some stuff in the preseason, but it was just that, the preseason. Those that are honest will say that Sanchez didn't look that good, nor did the offense. There are reasons for this of course, which is why many of us weren't concerned. When game time got here, Mark lit it up and looked much different than he did in the preseason games.

    It MIGHT hold true that the same goes for Tebow. With different play calling, better protection, receivers and QBs on the same page with routes and timing, he might just do very well.

    As for this asking for a trade, at the very least, it would depend on how he does on the field this year. If he comes in and lights it up when he's in there, and he does well in practices, he might feel that he does deserve a shot to try and start somewhere, and he very well might ask to be traded.

    If he does "so so", he might decide that another year of development as the #2 here would be of benefit to him.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Per New York Daily News



    What's the "source"?

    So much wrong with the last sentence.

    Thoughts?
    BYE BYE ; don't let the door hit you on the arse

  5. #45
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    W. Germany
    Posts
    1,183
    And now on the official NFL site... gossip is awful.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...jets-for-trade

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    And now on the official NFL site... gossip is awful.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...jets-for-trade
    And now Myers and his NYDN Editors are smiling and high fiving..Myers mission is accomplished..His name and the NYDN name are now circulating throughout...

  7. #47
    One game into the season and Mark Sanchez is now Joe Namath??

    I don't like the circus with Tebow but I do feel he makes a good backup..

    He does have variables and I feel even if Sanchez starts every game this season he will make a crucial play for us here or there.. I look at him as our new Brad Smith if anything..

    I do agree with most that if he ever became our starter we are in trouble..

    As for him wanting a trade already.. Not sure if it is true but at least let the season play out a bit... Is Sanchez gonna have the same game this weekend?? I hope so but it is only week 2.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Trade to who? He's already on the team that is most receptive to giving him QB snaps (pseudo QB snaps or not). Where does he want to go to?

    Perhaps he could work a trade to Navy - he'd fit their offense to a T.
    Agreed..he is NOT an NFL QB. It would set back a team to use Tebow as a starter. he is a good player and back up. THATS IT.

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,697
    Images
    142
    Translation: "Google search hits on 'Tebow' are tending negative. We came up with this new story to keep the brand going."

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    I would love if he asked for a trade, send him to Jax for a 7th rd pick now.
    fail.

  11. #51
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,092
    Tebow has every right to ask for a trade. And tanny will nicely tell him, "No."

    The end.

  12. #52
    As much as I hate the Tebow trade, are we gonna believe an article based on unnamed sources? Sounds like something Manish would write.

  13. #53
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,388
    He was probably thinking at worst that he cou;d work on his mechanics, and his reads, then get a shot at the job next year. That coming from the media that rates Sanchez as one of the worst QBs in the league. Now that he sees that Sanchez is pretty good, and that Shotty was behind the poor performances he feels he's made a huge mistake. I hope he does really well for us, and does keep improving. Then all the experience he gets in garbage time, then the last few games of the year once we've locked up the division. Then we'll trade him for a #2 next year.

  14. #54
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,799
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Per New York Daily News



    What's the "source"?

    So much wrong with the last sentence.

    Thoughts?
    My thoughts are that we should STOP with all the TEBOW bs. This is a team game. We won a great game against a division opponent! Sanchez & a rookie receiver played a great game. Why the heck bring up Tebow? Tim is a backup QB and until he makes positive plays and wins some games for us, who needs to read about him? This is more of a case of a journalist needing to attract attention and Tebow is the way to get it! And we fall right into the trap!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 09-13-2012 at 01:56 PM.

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,387
    So here we have a guy who was one of the hottest names in football after his Cardiac Kids style antics as a starter in Denver last year.

    Coming off that season, his market was two teams who both offered up 4th round picks to make him a back-up.

    Are we seriously supposed to think that anyone - Tebow included - believes that the market for him as a potential starter would somehow be stronger after a season on the bench with cameo appearances on special teams and in the Wildcat?

    This article is pure nonsense. Which is to be expected, given that Myers wrote it.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Per New York Daily News



    What's the "source"?

    So much wrong with the last sentence.

    Thoughts?
    Even though it's probably way too much to ask for, please Dear God let this be true!!!! lol

  17. #57
    Seems that some people are conflating MAY with WILL.


    MAY indicates that it's pure speculation, NOT that Tebow actually wants a trade, or is unhappy with the situation here.

  18. #58
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The grasp of Realityville
    Posts
    3,864
    So after every game, there's gonna be a plethora of stories about Tebow regardless of how the game goes.. Awesome

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Yeah, new NFL rule. Tebow's changing team every season, so the whole country can enjoy the (media) circus. Next stop West Coast?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Thing is, we really haven't seen what kind of progression Tebow has or hasn't made yet. We saw some stuff in the preseason, but it was just that, the preseason. Those that are honest will say that Sanchez didn't look that good, nor did the offense. There are reasons for this of course, which is why many of us weren't concerned. When game time got here, Mark lit it up and looked much different than he did in the preseason games.

    It MIGHT hold true that the same goes for Tebow. With different play calling, better protection, receivers and QBs on the same page with routes and timing, he might just do very well.

    As for this asking for a trade, at the very least, it would depend on how he does on the field this year. If he comes in and lights it up when he's in there, and he does well in practices, he might feel that he does deserve a shot to try and start somewhere, and he very well might ask to be traded.

    If he does "so so", he might decide that another year of development as the #2 here would be of benefit to him.
    I think you're right. I give Tebow more credit then most on this board. Tebow has NFL arm strength and sometimes it's accurate - it's just much too often he makes absolutely horrendous throws. If he can cut those down and heavily speed up his release-time he has a chance to be an NFL caliber starter.

    He's just not there right now and will take a major improvement to get there, but I wouldn't put it past him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us