Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67

Thread: Revis Still Not Cleared 9/13

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    What sucks about this is that Revis got hurt during garbage time
    He also got hurt by Bart kicking him in the head. Freak accident that could have happened in practice, or falling down in the showers.

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island & Section 337
    Posts
    4,859
    They are just following the protocol. Full contact is not appropriate at this point under the guidelines even if asymptomatic. Nothing new here except that it can be inferred that he still is asymptomatic because the possibility of playing on Sunday has not been ruled out.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Per Connor Orr:

    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Revis still not cleared for contact and won't be before practice today (players get re-evaluated after Rex speaks). #jets

    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Ryan said they would not put Revis on a plane with a concussion so decision would have to be made before takeoff Saturday. #jets

    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Ryan said he has "no idea" when the latest Revis can be officially cleared to play on Sunday. #jets

    what are the odds Rex is gaining a little veteran Head Coaching smarts by waiting to the last possible minute to notify the media and the Steelers whether Revis will play or not ...

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by HDCentStOhio View Post
    They are just following the protocol. Full contact is not appropriate at this point under the guidelines even if asymptomatic. Nothing new here except that it can be inferred that he still is asymptomatic because the possibility of playing on Sunday has not been ruled out.
    Do you know how long you have to be asymptomatic with non-contact practice before you are cleared for contact?

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island & Section 337
    Posts
    4,859
    Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    Do you know how long you have to be asymptomatic with non-contact practice before you are cleared for contact?
    Usually day 5.

  6. #26
    There are no surprises. Clearing someone to play after being concussed is not up to the team or the team doctor. The independent neurologist tells the league whether he passed the battery of tests or not. It is nothing that Rex can keep under wraps if he wished to do so.

    I don't understand some fans desire to see this guy on the field for the 2nd game of the season, where he may hurt himself much more severely.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Lots of 4 man rush, 7 in coverage. Cromartie on Wallace, Wilson on Brown, Lankster in the slot on Sanders, lots of safety help.

    Luckily, the Steelers don't have a dominant TE or a particularly good pass-catching RB at the moment
    Heath Miller is a huge part of the Steeler passing game - were you joking???

    Meanwhile, Mendenhall will be back:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...2-fantasy-play

    We need Revis.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Tend to agree with this. Jets are in no rush to clear him. Let the Steelers WRS wonder whether he will play or not. Revis could still practice, just no contact.
    not sure if u know how this works but the Jets can't clear him. The Jets have to follow the NFL's guidelines with the concussion test and deal with the process and progress thru their channels. This isn't a Jets decision at all and if he was cleared it would come directly from the league not Rex. NFL.com might have Revis being cleared before Rex even hears about it. This happened last year with 2 players where coaches and staff found out thru the media channels. NFL handles this man ...

  9. #29
    We went like 3 and 0 without Revis 2 years ago and then won most of the games when he still wasn't 100% when he was trying to come back from the hamstring. Playing without Revis isn't a huge deal. We're still going to do the same thing. Cro is going to be on Michael Wallace 1 on 1 which is actually a really good match up for Cro. He might have some safety help, not sure. Kyle will be 1 on 1 with some deceptive looks with linebackers watching underneath or a safety acting like he's over the top. Without Revis as far as scheme goes Rex can actually be even more creative with pre snap looks vs post snap outcome. When Revis is in there its 1 less mystery for the QB cause he knows exactly what Revis's side will look like. This thing won't make or break the game unless Kyle plays a horrible game and/or Cro gets 4 PI's called on him.

    Both teams are physical and the ref's know this. If they allow it to get chippy and not make baby calls this won't be too much if an issue. If the ref's try to keep the physical play more controlled it could hurt us big time cause of the P.I calls and the soft coverage we'd have to play in the outside. Either way Rex always adjusted when he didn't have Reed back there, Revis is like Reed for him and he'll still bring the heat, different looks and etc. Rex isn't going to hold back on week 2 against the team that kept him out of the superbowl cause Revis isn't playing. Anyone who thinks we'll play more safe, has zero clue.

  10. #30
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,029
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldWalt View Post
    Heath Miller is a huge part of the Steeler passing game - were you joking???

    Meanwhile, Mendenhall will be back:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...2-fantasy-play

    We need Revis.
    Heath I'm worried about in this game. In fact, I considered picking him up in a fantasy league, but decided I couldn't do this in such a big game for the Jets.

    Mendenhall....not so much worried about him. He showed nothing last year, then blew out his knee. Sure A.P. came back strong from his ACL, but Mendenhall is no A.P.


    And yes, this is a HUGE game for the Jets.

    First, it's a conference game against a team who we could be competing with for either playoff seeding or a wild card spot.

    Second, with our first 5 schedule, starting out 2-0 would be huge, with 2 of the next three games against tough opponents. (SF and Hou)

  11. #31
    espn scroll news says he wont fly with team on saturday to pitt.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    espn scroll news says he wont fly with team on saturday to pitt.
    Ugh.

  13. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    espn scroll news says he wont fly with team on saturday to pitt.
    Bah. Why would that be decided on Thursday?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    espn scroll news says he wont fly with team on saturday to pitt.
    Not seeing that anywhere so far

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    There are no surprises. Clearing someone to play after being concussed is not up to the team or the team doctor. The independent neurologist tells the league whether he passed the battery of tests or not. It is nothing that Rex can keep under wraps if he wished to do so.

    I don't understand some fans desire to see this guy on the field for the 2nd game of the season, where he may hurt himself much more severely.


    Are you dense? You don't understand? He didn't hurt his knee, it was a head injury, if he clears, we want our best defensive player on the field.

    From all indications, he's fine, he's been fine since Monday, but has to go through the process, if he's asymptomatic after tomorrow, he's playing.

  16. #36
    im sorry it was on the nfl network scrolling along the bottom before the game started sorry.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    espn scroll news says he wont fly with team on saturday to pitt.
    This is your 3rd post? Trolling?

    Did you read the entire scroll?

    Often times the news services misinterpret news from other outlets..

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    im sorry it was on the nfl network scrolling along the bottom before the game started sorry.
    Even worse, NFL network is losing credibility with the clowns they have on some of these shows these days.

    The two best are actually broadcasting the game tonight, I can watch/listen to Mayock all day, he has a clue. Most of the others are hacks.

    NFL network needs to wake up, these ex players are not that smart, the Stephen A's, Skip Bayless, Heath Evans, these clowns are clueless...

    Best guy on ESPN, Eric Mangini, he's an absolute joy to watch, mesmerizing even, and he does it very well on the show. ESPN needs to put him up on the TV more, and the NFL network needs to hire guys like him.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    Are you dense? You don't understand? He didn't hurt his knee, it was a head injury, if he clears, we want our best defensive player on the field.

    From all indications, he's fine, he's been fine since Monday, but has to go through the process, if he's asymptomatic after tomorrow, he's playing.
    You should wish it was his knee being dinged, If it was his knee a couple of weeks, back to new. compare that to being chronically concussed. If you get concussed the brain has to heal. It is very easy to reinjure the head more easily.

    He is fine by what "process"? The player gets his head rung and leaves the game, he has to be seen by a neurologist Monday, On Monday if he passes the baseline test he is cleared for practice. If he does not pass the base line test he can not practice until he does. That is the only Process, so I don't know what you mean by him being "fine"

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You should wish it was his knee being dinged, If it was his knee a couple of weeks, back to new. compare that to being chronically concussed. If you get concussed the brain has to heal. It is very easy to reinjure the head more easily.

    He is fine by what "process"? The player gets his head rung and leaves the game, he has to be seen by a neurologist Monday, On Monday if he passes the baseline test he is cleared for practice. If he does not pass the base line test he can not practice until he does. That is the only Process, so I don't know what you mean by him being "fine"
    This is Revis first ever head injury, and it was a minor one, he was fine on Monday by all accounts from other players and insiders, he needs to go through the process, he said today he feels great.

    I know you're praying your little Tom Brady underoos off that he doesn't play, but stop making this a bigger deal than it is.

    If was off of a play where Revis got wrecked on the field, then it could be cause for concern, but it's not anything close to that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us