Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Revis Still Not Cleared 9/13

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This is Revis first ever head injury, and it was a minor one, he was fine on Monday by all accounts from other players and insiders, he needs to go through the process, he said today he feels great.

I know you're praying your little Tom Brady underoos off that he doesn't play, but stop making this a bigger deal than it is.

If was off of a play where Revis got wrecked on the field, then it could be cause for concern, but it's not anything close to that.
    Ray, Revis said today on espn that he had a headache. This is 4 days later and you say he is fine.

And First of all I want the jets to win, I rather the pats face the jets than the steelers in the playoffs. Regardless of what happened 2 years ago.

Can't you have a discussion of football at anything close to an adult level?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    espn scroll news says he wont fly with team on saturday to pitt.
    I didnt see the ESPN scroll, but on NFL radio this am they said Rex won't let Revis fly to Pitt if he has concussion symptoms when they leave on Sat. Maybe thats what they meant on the ESPN scroll?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Ray, Revis said today on espn that he had a headache. This is 4 days later and you say he is fine.

Revis "had a headache" when?

Why don't you pipe the f'k down and quit playing internet doctor.

SEPTEMBER 13, 2012 4:09 PM

Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis unsure about status for Sunday vs Steelers after being 'in a fog' after concussion

BY MANISH MEHTA

Revis, who has not yet been cleared for contact by doctors, admitted on Thursday that he was “in a fog” after getting kicked in the head in the season opener. Although the All-Pro cornerback said that he felt “pretty good” and capable of playing in Pittsburgh, the decision will ultimately be out of his hands.

“It’s not my call. It’s the doctors’ call,” Revis said. “Whatever they say goes. I would try to be out there with a broken leg. They know that. It’s a competitive spirit in me that just wants to go out there and play. If I feel fine, which I do, then we’ll go from there.”

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darrelle Revis said he was in 'fog' following concussion, unsure if he'll play vs. Steelers

Darrelle Revis is unsure of his status for Sunday. Zach Ornitz /The Star-Ledger Video: Darrelle Revis talks about his recovery from a concussion New York Jets cornerback Darrelle is recovering from a concussion he suffered during the game against the Buffalo Bills last Sunday. Today he talked about his chances of playing this Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Video by John Munson/The Star-Ledger
    Darrelle Revis said he could tell it was Bart Scott as his leg thwacked the back of Revis' helmet and delivered the first diagnosed concussion the cornerback has ever had.

First it was a headache as trainers and doctors checked him out on the sideline. Eventually, his mind settled into a fog.

When asked if that fog as cleared, he said only: "It's cool, I know who you are."

His status is just as uncertain, as Revis said it's completely out of his hands. He wouldn't say whether he preferred to rest as a precaution and wouldn't speculate on what he'll be able to do tomorrow.

He said he does not have any light sensitivity and that the Jets have recommended outside doctors for him to visit.

"This is something you have to get guidance from, from the training staff and the doctors," he said.

Revis said that he's been on a regiment where he can run and lift throughout the week. He's attended all meetings, but cannot participate in any physical contact.

"I'm just trying to do the best I can to get out there on the field," he said.

Revis said he's looking to "move on" but would not comment on whether he feared repercussions down the road.

When asked if he was comfortable playing without practicing, he had this:

"I don't know, would I be comfortable? At that point I don't think I'd have a choice. You have to do what the doctors say. I'm preparing just as any other week, when my number's called to play then I'll be out there."

Conor Orr: corr@starledger.com; twitter.com/ConorTOrr

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

And First of all I want the jets to win, I rather the pats face the jets than the steelers in the playoffs. Regardless of what happened 2 years ago.

He never not once said he had a headache, not once...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray, check this link that i copied and pasted from. Ray, why the hell would i lie, the article is there for anyone to read, how the hell did you get that he never said he had a headache?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...burgh-steelers

Revis, surrounded by reporters at his locker, was subdued as he spoke about the concussion and its aftereffects, saying he was "in a fog" after getting kicked in the back of the head by teammate Bart Scott.

The only thing he remembers about the play was seeing C.J. Spiller run through a hole and trying to arm-tackle him. He fell on his stomach and was accidently kicked in the helmet by Scott, who was pursuing Spiller. Revis joked that he knew right away it was Scott, because of the linebacker's reckless style.

The All-Pro cornerback said he had a headache, but wasn't sure it was concussion-related because he never had been diagnosed with one before. The Jets are calling it a "mild" concussion.

Asked if he's concerned about possible long-term effects, Revis said, "No. No comment."
    Last edited by patman; 09-13-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray, check this link that i copied and pasted from. Ray, why the hell would i lie, the article is there for anyone to read, how the hell did you get that he never said he had a headache?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...burgh-steelers

Revis, surrounded by reporters at his locker, was subdued as he spoke about the concussion and its aftereffects, saying he was "in a fog" after getting kicked in the back of the head by teammate Bart Scott.

The only thing he remembers about the play was seeing C.J. Spiller run through a hole and trying to arm-tackle him. He fell on his stomach and was accidently kicked in the helmet by Scott, who was pursuing Spiller. Revis joked that he knew right away it was Scott, because of the linebacker's reckless style.

The All-Pro cornerback said he had a headache, but wasn't sure it was concussion-related because he never had been diagnosed with one before. The Jets are calling it a "mild" concussion.

Asked if he's concerned about possible long-term effects, Revis said, "No. No comment."
    He said nothing about a headache. Wth? At least know the difference between being dizzy after getting kicked in the head and having short term effects days later.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Revis "had a headache" when?

Why don't you pipe the f'k down and quit playing internet doctor.
    So i guess now manish gets the whole story while last week he sucked. Read the ESPN article that I referenced.

WTF are you talking about acting like a doctor? I don't think you comprehend very well.

Like I said to Ray, I want the steelers to lose, as the hill to climb to get to the playoffs at 0-2 is steep..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He said nothing about a headache. Wth? At least know the difference between being dizzy after getting kicked in the head and having short term effects days later.
    I got it bolded, what do you mean

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    If we're going to be a circus, let's be a circus.....

I say the plan is:

Revis doesn't get on the plane on Saturday. But secretly, someone is driving him to Pittsburgh. Hide him out, sneak him into the stadium, hide him in the locker room, warm him up under the tunnel.

Then, as the Jets defense takes the field for the first snap....Revis runs out of the tunnel!!!
    Thats why I dont understand Rex's comments. What does the team plane leaving on Saturday have to do with anything? Is Pittsburgh a 20 hour flight that isnt possible to get to by car? Why should the deadline be the team plane? If necessary, have someone drive him up extremely early Sunday morning for the 7 hour drive.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got it bolded, what do you mean
    I'm asking for a quote from Revis saying that he had a headache.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So i guess now manish gets the whole story while last week he sucked. Read the ESPN article that I referenced.

WTF are you talking about acting like a doctor? I don't think you comprehend very well.
    Revis said he had a headache last Sunday.

It's you who doesn't comprehend anything.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Thats why I dont understand Rex's comments. What does the team plane leaving on Saturday have to do with anything? Is Pittsburgh a 20 hour flight that isnt possible to get to by car? Why should the deadline be the team plane? If necessary, have someone drive him up extremely early Sunday morning for the 7 hour drive.
    We'll know in the AM if Revis is playing or not this weekend.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    dumb troll getting owned

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said to Ray, I want the steelers to lose, as the hill to climb to get to the playoffs at 0-2 is steep..
    If anyone is not comprehending very well it is you.

This is JetsInsider.com

Simple reading comprehension.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    dumb troll getting owned
    How so? I posted that as a result of the hit he had a headache. How am I being owned? I never said that he had a headache yesterday. Ray said he was "fine" and the jets said that he had a mild concussion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    If anyone is not comprehending very well it is you.

This is JetsInsider.com

Simple reading comprehension.
    And I have been posting here for over 10 years, I am familar with the site's name.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never said that he had a headache yesterday. Ray said he was "fine" and the jets said that he had a mild concussion.
    No but what you did do is make some **** up about Revis saying he had a headache...

Obvious ****ty trolling effort is obvious...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    No but what you did do is make some **** up about Revis saying he had a headache...

Obvious ****ty trolling effort is obvious...
    What am I trolling about. the article was in espn, I did not make it up. Ray said he is fine and I posted a link that contradicted it. Revis said that the hit caused a headache.I did not say it, he did. A lot of fighters get knocked out and still dont get a headache.

I even posted that I want the jets to win this weekend, as I think the Steelers are a bigger threat to the pats than the jets are long term

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What am I trolling about. the article was in espn, I did not make it up. Ray said he is fine and I posted a link that contradicted it. Revis said that the hit caused a headache.I did not say it, he did. A lot of fighters get knocked out and still dont get a headache.

I even posted that I want the jets to win this weekend, as I think the Steelers are a bigger threat to the pats than the jets are long term
    You're being unjustly persecuted in this thread. You should cancel your account and boycott this site. Those with similar views should join you in solidarity.