Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BIG BEN vs Jets DL = Here come the SACKS!!!

BIG BEN vs Jets DL = Here come the SACKS!!!

Roethlisberger likes to scramble but he wont have time to this wk with Coples, Wilk, Ellis and Co. collapsing the pocket. Jets Defense needs to watchout for the quick 3 step drop passes and screens bc BIG BEN will be feeling the pressure coming and tryn to get rid of the ball.

Agree, I think Coples has a breakout week as a pass rusher

he is a load to bring down so they need to wrap him up when they have the chance

Ben likes to hold the ball and buy time, so he gives you chances. But he's really difficult to bring down. Our guys need to stay disciplined or they will get juked around

LARON SMASH!

Seriously, anyone thinking this game is a lock for Pit has another thing coming.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Agree, I think Coples has a breakout week as a pass rusher
    Did Coples dress against the Bills?

Typically I agree, but you could tell in that first game that Haley clearly wants to use more quick passes.

I don't think we get nearly as many chances to sack Ben as we would've last year.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yes. Though, I assume you say that as an insult (nothing new).

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    he is a load to bring down so they need to wrap him up when they have the chance
    This, I don't like the idea of us getting pressure with our tiny D-backs who will just bounce off of fat Ben (or even Maybin for that matter).

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post

... + 999999999999999999999999999999999999 ...

... rex needs to be hammering the D on it's going to take more than initial contact to bring ben down ...

l_j_r

Given Ben's ability to scramble and make things happen outside the pocket, I actually think Maybin is one of the more likely candidates to have a big week and he'll be the most likely guy to track Ben down.

Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Given Ben's ability to scramble and make things happen outside the pocket, I actually think Maybin is one of the more likely candidates to have a big week and he'll be the most likely guy to track Ben down.
    This is what I was going to say. Maybin often makes his plays on 2nd efforts, when QBs hold on to the ball too long.

Hopefully the secondary holds up , making him hold on to the ball long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    I've always maintained that if Maybin was on the roster back in 2010, the Jets would have had one more shot to win that AFCCG. Roethlisberger converted 4 3rd downs with his legs and a couple of others just by having all day to move around.

Maybin (and possibly Coples) against a weaker OL will at least force Big Ben to do something with the ball in less than 5 seconds.

3. Quinton Coples: He made some nice plays on Sunday, most notably stuffing C.J. Spiller on a second-and-3 with 10:45 to go in the second quarter. The Bills offensive line is clearly trying to ride him left, away from the play, but Coples makes a very athletic move by reversing his angle once he sees Spiller to shut him down a yard in the backfield. But the one thing the Jets cannot have from their rookie is a moment like Sunday’s fourth quarter when he corralled Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick around the neck and helmet area to drag him down a half second after the ball was thrown. Coples is athletic enough to let the sacks come to him naturally and doesn’t need to force it late in games. The penalty also set the Bills up with a first-and-goal on which they later scored.
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...view_brea.html

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Typically I agree, but you could tell in that first game that Haley clearly wants to use more quick passes.

I don't think we get nearly as many chances to sack Ben as we would've last year.
    Same with the 3rd pre-season, so it's tactic they obviously have been working on. Unfortunately defending against them hasn't been our strong point. All the more reason for them to keep coming. Hope Rex has a trick up his sleeve for them.

Veteran
    is Pouha playing?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Were you born a pr1ck troll or did you develop into a pr1ck with age?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Were you born a pr1ck troll or did you develop into a pr1ck with age?
    Both

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Both
    Explains all the bans

All League
    I get the feeling that Rex will have someone spying Ben on third downs, especially if Revis is healthy and we can afford it. He's burned us too many times with his scrambling and I'm sure Rwx hasn't forgotten that. If that someone is Landry, Ben could be on for some legit shots.