Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BIG BEN vs Jets DL = Here come the SACKS!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Both
    Ah I see. I just figured it was aspberger's

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jet Nut has not made any friends yet .

hmmmmm

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did Coples dress against the Bills?
    Yep, he was getting punched in the face like Mario Williams but Coples decided not to cry about it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    he is a load to bring down so they need to wrap him up when they have the chance
    Always good to wrap up on loads.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I payed a visit to several Steelers fan forums, to get a pulse on how confident their fan base is headed into this Jets@Pit game on Sunday...

... not very confident... at all.

On one forum almost half of them predicted a Jets win. Keep in mind Tebow still scares those fans, so I imagine their team will game plan for him a lot, regardless of how much we will or will not use him.
    A lotta them consider this to be a real bad match up for them, due in part to injuries and also to a new improved Sanchez vs their "Swiss cheese" secondary. Makes for some interesting reading. Here is one example of many...

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...at-Read-Option
    Last edited by MadCroatian; 09-13-2012 at 05:18 PM.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    I get the feeling that Rex will have someone spying Ben on third downs, especially if Revis is healthy and we can afford it. He's burned us too many times with his scrambling and I'm sure Rwx hasn't forgotten that. If that someone is Landry, Ben could be on for some legit shots.
    I'd love to see some of this unload on fat Ben:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big Ben gets away from any pass rush a lot of the time. This is the biggest key to this game and beating the Steelers, getting him on the ground when you get your hands on him. Much easier said than done.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I'd love to see some of this unload on fat Ben:

Landry and Bell are "like predators back there," DeVito said. "They're flying all over the place. They're violent. That's intimidating for the other team. I'd hate to be on the other side of the ball, with those guys flying around.

Steelers wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery, who played with the Jets from 2004-10, said the biggest difference in the current defense and previous versions is Landry stalking the middle of the field.

"He's a physical presence," Cotchery said. "You have to find him, and it's been awhile (since I've seen that on the Jets)."

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin agreed, saying Landry "brings an awesome demeanor to their defense ... I think personalities like his, from a football standpoint, bleed over to others. I think it's an inspiring thing."
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...burgh-steelers

Reading that... we need to lock up Landry!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCroatian View Post
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...burgh-steelers

Reading that... we need to lock up Landry!
    Too early. Let's see if he can stay healthy first.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    he is a load to bring down so they need to wrap him up when they have the chance
    I see Big Ben carrying Maybin the way a father carries a 3 year old on his leg when he walks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I see Big Ben carrying Maybin the way a father carries a 3 year old on his leg when he walks.
    Agreed. Nothing slows Ben down. Not even mutual consent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    That's assuming Maybin doesn't trip over his own feet when he has a clear shot, as he did all preseason.

Honestly though, I see Mayhem being a difference maker in this game. Ben is going to do what he does, and holding the ball trying to make a play is going to come back to bite him at least once in this one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What makes Big Ben special is much clearer to see from the stands. I was at the AFCCG a couple of years ago. Ben did not play particularly well. However, BB has eyes in the back of his head. He feels the pressure, is mobile enough to avoid rushers, and strong enough to shrug them off. Time after time the Jets collapsed the pocket around him but he would freeze them with a pump fake, make a quick side-step, and spin away from the traffic. Eyes in the back of his watermelon-sized head.... If Revis doesn't play, the Jets will have no answer for the speedy Pittsburgh receiving trio and Ben extending the play. If Revis does play, the Jets may start 2-0.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Agree, I think Coples has a breakout week as a pass rusher
    That's what I really thought would happen against the Bills.

But it's not just Coples, there's a few others:

Kenrick Ellis - We should be able to see this guy at his best very soon. He's as ready to play as he's ever going to be. I'm not going to say he's going to be our leading sacker. But I do believe he has 3 to 5 sacks in him despite dealing with constant double teams.

Aaron Maybin - This guy can still fly to the QB even though he added about 15 pounds during the offseason. It was very nice to see last Sunday that the weight hasn't affected his speed.

Calvin Pace - Can this guy rebound from a few bad years? He used to be a perfect edge rushing LB for us. Somehow he hasn't been that for us the last couple of seasons. He looked IMO last Sunday. Maybe the addition of others demanding more attention has allowed Pace to move more freely? I think he's good for about 6 to 8 sacks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Explains all the bans
    And licking the b@lls of the mods to get back.

Jets have the personnel to beat Pitt in their backyard. The only thing is to have the right gameplan (check Sparano, and check Ryan). We've always had the D but the O gameplan not always. Looking at you Shoddy.

The only thing left is to execute. Sanchize and others will have to rise to the occassion. If Pouha and Revis are both healthy and available, then it makes the Jets' job that much easier.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we can get to Ben if the DL plays at a high level, but the tough part will be bringing him down, Ben is built like a Mac truck.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did Coples dress against the Bills?
    Yep, tackled spiller for a 3 yard loss and killed Fitzpatrick on another play, got flagged for roughing the passer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I think we can get to Ben if the DL plays at a high level, but the tough part will be bringing him down, Ben is built like a Mac truck.....
    Landry is built like a truck... Ben is built more like best up station wagon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Landry is built like a truck... Ben is built more like best up station wagon.
    He seems injury prone, too. Would love to see a safety blitz hit on Ben from LARON SMASH.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Agreed. Nothing slows Ben down. Not even mutual consent.
    Lollers.