Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dilfer's film study on Jets/Sanchez

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Not in my books he isn't. Look at his production and his play the last two years. He is in no way shape or form a proper #1, and this is totally disregarding his character.
    His play in the first year was that of a pure, top number 1. He had catches that won the game in Cleveland, Detroit and vs Houston. He was set to win the Denver game until he was tossed to the ground setting up the game winner. So where the complaint is about his first season, he was very good.

We can debate all we want, but no one would have faired well as the number one last season. NO OL play, no running game and no one to stop teams from double teaming Holmes.

So to say his is in no way, shape or form a proper #1 because you don't like him personally is silly. I would hope its off his character.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Well, hopefully Hill can be a #1.
    Yes please.

Every reception had something you like. Fighting for the first down on the first possession. Getting deep on the bomb and the flea-flicker. Breaking a tackle on the crossing pattern and getting the pilon on the 2nd TD.

I know, I know, it's one game. But man, he looked very Al Toon-ish in that performance. Haven't been able to get excited about a WR since Keyshawn, cut me some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCroatian View Post
    Did we ever score 48 points in the 5+ years with Schotty as OC?
    No, but that's because Schotty had too much class to run up the score.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    No, but that's because Schotty had too much class to run up the score.
    59-0...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_New_York_Jets_season

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    59-0...
    Your sarcasm meter is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Yeah right an O-coordinator means nothing. Coaches coach and players play.

Name that poster!
    Bit...

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Holmes could have had over 100 yards vs the Bills. Sanchez missed him wide open on one play, where he might have been able to take it for 6. Then he just missed a nice TD grab, if only he held his hand back for a second longer he would have had both feet in.
    Sanchez missed him WIDE open on 3 plays, not counting the "almost TD". All 3 would have been for 20+ gains too. Can't complain much about Sanchez last week, but all 3 were passes that should have been easy completions: 2 deep posts in the 3rd and 4th quarter, and on early double move in the first quarter (Holmes was held up a little with contact, which might have thrown the timing off) Holmes was wide open but ball was overthrown down the right sideline.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Sanchez missed him WIDE open on 3 plays, not counting the "almost TD". All 3 would have been for 20+ gains too. Can't complain much about Sanchez last week, but all 3 were passes that should have been easy completions: 2 deep posts in the 3rd and 4th quarter, and on early double move in the first quarter (Holmes was held up a little with contact, which might have thrown the timing off) Holmes was wide open but ball was overthrown down the right sideline.
    I don't know how you can say this when you have no idea of the route or its proper depth. Indeed sometimes an incomplete pass is because the QB "missed" the WR and sometimes its because the WR ran to the wrong spot and only the players and coaches know for sure.

uh...if hill gets open it's a moot point. any receiver can be negated by great coverage but if they double one guy the other is usually in single coverage. if hill continues to play well with some good appearances by kerley and keller then holmes will be set free.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    "Jets Holmes struggled w/tough bump & run cov."

What's new? The epitome of a #2 WR, a guy that can make plays and be a force if the other team is preoccupied with true #1.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Holmes could have had over 100 yards vs the Bills. Sanchez missed him wide open on one play, where he might have been able to take it for 6. Then he just missed a nice TD grab, if only he held his hand back for a second longer he would have had both feet in.
    He missed two. One he maybe should have caught, and maybe if Tone got off the jam quicker it would have helped, but he did have a pretty good day anyway. He also had only 2 weeks of practice. There was also a few plays he was wide open, but Sanchez went to another guy. He is not Hill, but Hill isn't Santonio either. There are not many receivers that run routes as well as Holmes, or have the body control. You can't expect everything

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Agree with Dilfer's analysis. Sanchez is good when the o-line gives him time and his 1st/2nd reads are there. It's when the play breaks down that he needs to show better poise.
    Every NFL QB is good when given time. Its when they have to improvise that separates the average QB from the great ones!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Every NFL QB is good when given time. Its when they have to improvise that separates the average QB from the great ones!
    False...see Fitzpatrick, Ryan vs. New York Jets

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Wrong!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Wrong!
    Ummmmmm thank you.......

All League
    Dilfer is the best analyst out there right now, in my opinion. Knows his stuff,explains it in a way fans can grasp it, and has no agenda that I can notice.

56 Vs. Arizona in the Brett Favre year (Also 47 that year), but remember the Jets did only score 34 offensive points this game.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Dilfer is the best analyst out there right now, in my opinion. Knows his stuff,explains it in a way fans can grasp it, and has no agenda that I can notice.
    I think I remember Dilfer saying Tebow would be the starter... no link though.

when we had Favre calling his plays... lol