Thread: Highly unlikely but if the Jets O lights up the Steelers D...

Highly unlikely but if the Jets O lights up the Steelers D...

You guys know how the media and fans get. Will this thing be overrated and talked about way too much? Could it be a good thing, a bad thing? I almost just want us to look normal and win so we can sneak up on people rather than a similar performance at Pitt. Part of me thinks its impossible but if the line protects Sanchez I honestly think he'll have a lot of opportunities. My biggest concern is that we fumbled the ball 3x against Buffalo and recovered those fumbles all 3 times. Those things tend to even themselves out. Ball security is a huge issue for me this week cause you can't always depend on recovering your own fumbles and etc. I'm hoping we can try to take the crowd out of the game and slow down their pass rush with max protection, chips, and maybe run some weakside screens or something. This is a huge test and will let us know if what happened against Buffalo was the real deal or if it was just a 1 game wonder kind of thing.

No, the media will say the Steelers are not as good as we thought.

I understand your point, and can't disagree more.

If we can put 40+ up on Pitt, I don't care how we do it. I don't care if people notice. I don't care if we can't "sneak up" on teams. JUST DO IT.

Do I think we will? No. Will I be "worried" if we do? NOT A CHANCE. The season is too short -- you gotta enjoy every moment . . .

ugh? Just Win and ignore everyting else.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ummm it is called aspiring to a tax problem!!!! Lets just do it!!!

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Then declare them division or wild card favorites if they win the week after....

Rookie
    If Jets beat Pitt or even lose a close one, people will stand up and take notice.

You are what you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Agreed...The Steelers MUST suck cause the got beat by the FUKKIN JETS!

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    ugh? Just Win and ignore everyting else.
    Yep.

Like the new tacky t-shirts say "Jets Just Do It" Let's not get Schotty-minded and overthink things.

He who hesitates, masturb8s - which PatsTX, Guido and the other bums are familiar with

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I understand your point, and can't disagree more.

If we can put 40+ up on Pitt, I don't care how we do it. I don't care if people notice. I don't care if we can't "sneak up" on teams. JUST DO IT.

Do I think we will? No. Will I be "worried" if we do? NOT A CHANCE. The season is too short -- you gotta enjoy every moment . . .
    Perfectly stated. Last Sunday was the most fun I've had as a fan of this team since the NE playoff win. If they put up another 40 this Sunday, that would double the excitement from last week.

Just leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    You guys know how the media and fans get. Will this thing be overrated and talked about way too much? Could it be a good thing, a bad thing? I almost just want us to look normal and win so we can sneak up on people rather than a similar performance at Pitt. Part of me thinks its impossible but if the line protects Sanchez I honestly think he'll have a lot of opportunities. My biggest concern is that we fumbled the ball 3x against Buffalo and recovered those fumbles all 3 times. Those things tend to even themselves out. Ball security is a huge issue for me this week cause you can't always depend on recovering your own fumbles and etc. I'm hoping we can try to take the crowd out of the game and slow down their pass rush with max protection, chips, and maybe run some weakside screens or something. This is a huge test and will let us know if what happened against Buffalo was the real deal or if it was just a 1 game wonder kind of thing.
    You're a NYJ fan, you should be able to figure that out rather than asking an internet message board.